Coffee Snob?

D

deleted213967

I find it more interesting to sample beans from various regions. I am currently going through a Central American phase.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Though I own a superauto machine, I'm more with the departed Osiris - now there's a man who knows his joe! I own a french press and an Aeropress for the office, and often roast my own beans - ebay was my friend and I got a roaster for £60. Coffees have so many different flavours and I've now got my landlord hooked!

If you're in the UK toomuchcoffee.com is a great resource for finding out where in a new city does the best coffee - if you're not an espresso afficionado but are willing to try, make sure you try one from a REAL barista before you write off the experience entirely - really well made espresso is not bitter and needs no additions whatsoever.

Is there a "coffee anonymous" group near me :redface:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I like good coffee, my favorite is Jamaica Blue Mountain, I also like the Starbucks Christmas Blend, But I buy the Kona coffee from Trader Joe's as a rule.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like your style! I've tried and discarded many ways of making the stuff and they all suit different styles of coffee. Was most disappointed when the Bodum vacpot went phut, that made really nice filter style coffee, and so easy to use/clean.

I'm definitely an afficionado, but some might term it geek or snob...

Media
Well I like good coffee, my favorite is Jamaica Blue Mountain, I also like the Starbucks Christmas Blend, But I buy the Kona coffee from Trader Joe's as a rule.

The Jamaica Blue Mountain is this shiznit especially with rum in it. Good lawd have mercy sweet Jesus.

I use a mail in coffee service. Their coffee is wonderful, comes vacuum sealed for freshness....and the taste is fab 0. I sometimes buy a Kona coffee as well.

I don't drink milk so I use either Rice or Soy milk in mine. The soy is usually creamier and carries the taste better. I always get my Latte's with Soy in them at Starbucks. Yummy.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did get the Vaccuum Siphon Brewer that I alluded to way back in this thread. It produces better coffee than my French Press. I think the reason is that the French Press brews at lower temperatures than optimum.

The optimum brewing temperature is 201 F, which can be easily maintained in the vaccuum pot. But even if you preheat the French Press, the brewing takes place in the high 180s F.

Here is the Burr Grinder I use. It can be found in the USA at Starbucks or Williams-Sonoma.

Last edited:

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you're a snob, then so am I.

I grind my own, spend hours sampling beans before I decide which to buy, I have several machines (they seem to make various coffees better than the others, I'm sure thats in my mind though) and only ever have it black.

In that case you are lucky enough to have one of the finest enthusiast coffee roasters on this fair isle at your disposal here at Two day Roasters. Never been and had a cup there but have sampled their stuff elsewhere and it's superb - they'll take you round the world in Cup of Excellence speciality coffees and will probably know who the farmer is that produced it, even have met them in some cases.

Have you visited?