Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If you read my insane day post a few days ago the grand finale to my day was that the pilot light in my new water heater went out and no matter how many times you light it- it blows back out.

I'm just thankful this didn't happen in the winter when the cold water is practically freezing temps. Even at 90 degree weather that water was still like swimming in a fresh water spring!

There is no easy way around it, its painful and invigorating but i think i'll use someone elses shower next time. I honestly think i have a dried layer of soap on me because i didn't want to spend the time rinsing.

Now excuse me while i go scratch all my skin off!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you read my insane day post a few days ago the grand finale to my day was that the pilot light in my new water heater went out and no matter how many times you light it- it blows back out.

If you guys are going to be in your place for at least a couple years, call up some local plumbing outfits and ask them to give you quotes on tankless water heater installation.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'm sorry to hear your water heater isn't doing its job! i hate when that happens and the water just runs cold.

the only time i enjoy cold showers are when it's a million degrees outside and i'm sweating like a pig!

Macquarie51

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My hot water system crashed last weekend. All shops closed

Solution is simple

Boil jug four times. Put boiling water into plastic bucket. Add equal amount of cold water. Stand in shower. Pour litre of water over shoulders. Soap bottom half. Pour another litre of water over shoulders. Soap top half. Pour another litre over head. Shampoo head. Pour one litre at a time over head/ shoulders/ back/ front until bucket is empty.

Except for the hassle of boiling the water one jug at a time, the experience is pleasant.

New element fitted to hot water last night - so this morning I get a propoer shower

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you guys are going to be in your place for at least a couple years, call up some local plumbing outfits and ask them to give you quotes on tankless water heater installation.

oh, those are fantastic. we'll be getting one in the house soon.

and well, cold showers suck if you aren't expecting it or if you don't want it, but sometimes on a hot day, they feel fantastic. and well, they will wake your ass up.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Oh that is a bummer. I never take cold showers.. not even in the summer. I hate when someone turns the dishwasher or washer on and it streams cold water. I arch my back and press up against the farthest part away from the cold water... yikes.

Hope they fix that for you soon hun.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yuck! If I'm in the shower or tub....it is manditory that I have hot water. If I've only got cold, well, I'm going outside and getting the hosepipe and taking a bath out in the sun. A good show for the neighbours lol....just hope they don't call the police! lol

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah man, that sucks... only time I take a cold shower is also in the summertime after I've been running or just sweating outside like no tomorrow. Usually the shower starts off with lukewarm water and I make it a little cooler by the minute, and by the time the shower's over, it's damn near cold...

I came home tonight to the first night of hot water since i made this post. Cold Showers do Suck, but i was getting used to them! Woo hoo!

Oh please!! Women take cold showers and they look hot because the nips get hard. MEN take cold showers and they shrink up like they don't have a single hair between their legs. Either way. We live in a first world nation and hot water is a God-given right! Get that fucker replaced.

Afuckingmen on that! I wish to God we had tankless water heaters but we don't. So I have to deal with running out of hot water with every bath I take. It sucks.

Be aware of this Red, tankless water heaters NEVER run out of hot water. Might make for some fun, no? :naughty: :naughty:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Jason, you have a point, there was no shower sex going on with cold water in the house. We did have a little shower fun at my moms. And i felt a little bad for the idea of leaving my husbands sperm in the drain. I figured that old 1970's shower has seen worse!

I'd get a tankless- but maybe in my next home.

Jason, you have a point, there was no shower sex going on with cold water in the house. We did have a little shower fun at my moms. And i felt a little bad for the idea of leaving my husbands sperm in the drain. I figured that old 1970's shower has seen worse!

I'd get a tankless- but maybe in my next home.

What son hasn't left gobs of sperm in his parents' drains?? Not to worry. Plumbing is designed to cope with much worse.

If you're renting, well of course not. But one tankless for each bathroom and one for the kitchen should be enough. Work out the costs for a system versus current and projected energy prices and it could pay for itself very quickly. The wonderful thing about these systems is that even when you use a lot of hot water they're still cheaper than a tank.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
hmmm...I've had a couple of those and they are not without their issues. They do save money and you don't run out of hot water, true. But they can be finicky. The last one I had was a Seimans and in the summer the element would keep coming on and shutting off. Intermittently, you'd get a nice dose of cold water. :eek: It worked better in the winter time. Also, you have to have enough water flow going through it. I'd open the hot side of the sink and let it run while I had a shower, so it wouldn't shut down.

Get someone who knows what they are doing to specify and install it.

I am much happier with my solar/electric system.

Krusader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i suggest boiling some water and mixing it with come cold water to get some warm water, dunno if it works but worth a try. Sorry if it doesn't but living in a South East Asian country which is hot and warm throughout the year, i cant feel your pain M.R.