Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ive decided to stay at my apartment near campus for the summer since the lease is for the entire year. Only issue is I dont have anymore financial aid money to pay for rent. Ive already emailed various departments on campus and the main college email to ask about job opportunities. Im was just wondering if anyone knew about some companies or small business that hire people to work at home? Ive heard of various work at home jobs via commercials and ads but I would rather hear it from someone who has done something like this before and knows how it works. I am studying architecture and am skilled at various programs so it would be perfect to do an internship but the only issue is that I don't have a car. Most firms nearby are in the city, which is about a 30 min drive. thanks! and let me know of any opportunities! I would borrow money but thats not something people actually do with someone they dont know and live on the other end of the screen, but yeah, anything helps :)

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
They require 2 years of spanish in high school and 2 years of spanish in college but they don't teach you about the real world.

Almost and maybe all these work at home ads are scams. The way they work is they ask for a small sum for the material { letters etc } and sometimes provide a useless list of local comapnies that supposely hire stay at home workers.

There are stay at home workers but they interviewed and are salaried.

If you attend a college near a big city use your placement center. They should have job listings. Check every day. Commuting is part of life and work. 30 minutes is nothing .Take a bus. You should see LA.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Personally, no. Working at home is generally a perk after one graduates and gets a job. The only people I know who work at home successfully do contract work in graphic arts, legal work and the medical field. The latter mostly in doing transcripts.

If you're going to borrow money, borrow it to buy a cheap car and drive to where you can work towards something in your field. Don't waste your time on crappy jobs, unless it's to pay the bills - and it's in addition to your internship or field work. When I was in university, I worked at least two jobs in addition to a full course load. One job to pay the bills and another to gain experience and network. But I was the first graduate to have a job waiting for me.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Car share might be possible if you can find someone else commuting into the city. I assume there is no viable public transport option (in the UK everywhere has bus, train, whatever) so you have a problem.

Alternatively it may be that you can find a job and find somewhere to live. If you are prepared to move wherever a well paid job might be and accept rubbish accommodation you might be able to cover the cost of your campus accommodation and even be a little in pocket.