cologne?

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
If you meet a guy, who is wearing the same cologne, as a guy that you had a bad relationship with, does that ruin his chances with you? Ive had a couple girls go "if you ever wear this cologne, its over" while we are at the mall or somthing. I'm like why? And she says because some asshole she went out with before used to wear it lol. So if a guy has the same cologne as a bad ex, how does it affect things?

Also, say what kind of cologne you like to smell on a guy, and what kind you dont like.

Another question! Do you ladies like that axe and tag body spray stuff? I dont use it because i think that girls wouldnt like it. So do you?

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
speaking of Axe body spray..

the commercial where the guy is on the beach, and all the women are swimming up to attack him ...that dude is blazing hot!

And I a person who would break-up with their mate over a cologne has deep-rooted issues.

Act2_Begins_Now

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't answer most of your questions. But if you smelled like an ex and an especially bad ex, it would be hard. For me, the two senses ... sight and smell are a big part of my sensual side. I think I am at least as visual if not more than most men. As for scents, oh my. I love smells. I love all of the smells when two people are together. I love just breathing in his scent. So if you smelled like someone from my past I think subconsciously it would effect me.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer a guy not to wear aftershave or cologne, I prefer to be able to smell his skin, some people have unpleasant smelling skins and hide this with perfumes. I'm very smell oriented and if someone is wearing a perfume that reminds me of someone I dislike it automatically makes me predisposed to disliking them, on the other hand a perfume (it doesn't have to be cosmetic perfume, it can be any smell) I associate with something good fills me with warm snuggly wet feelings.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer no cologne/perfume on men or women. If they feel they must wear some, it HAS to be subtle. If I smell it before getting close enough to shake someone's hand, it's way too strong. I'm not allergic, but some people wear so much it makes my eyes and nose burn.

I'm not going to go to the trouble of tracking down references and citations, but several studies have been done that indicate that the sense of smell is the sense most closely tied to memory, and has the most primitive wiring in the human sensory system... so it's really no surprise that some people would have such strong emotions tied in with how an ex (good or bad) smelled.