Comcast Sucks.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I need to connect my VCR to my TV to record and I can't do it because the HD cable box does not have a way to do it, no RCA inputs.

The only way to do it is to connect the VCR to my TV. I can then watch what is already taped on my VCR, but that sucks. I am going to have to return the box on Monday.

I called Comcast and they said the only thing I can do is buy their DVR service.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Comcast blows big donkey dicks! I switched from them to Directv, and have never looked back. For the same price as cable, I get approx 100-150 more channels. The only thing I miss is the cable internet....and it sucked half of the time too!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The only good thing is that somehow I am currently getting free HBO, Cinemax and Showtime. I called them up and they said the box was probably "open" would be "audited" and self corrected. They also said I would not be charged for anything that I did not order.

The DCH3200 documentation shows RCA outputs for video and audio. You should be able to connect those to your VCR. Does your box have any RCA outputs? In your statement you referred to RCA inputs.

If you connect your VCR output directly to the TV input, that's actually a better way to go. The fewer devices between the source and the monitor, the better quality you will get.

I suggest connecting the RCA outs of the cable box to the RCA ins of the VCR then feed the VCR directly to the TV instead of connecting the VCR to the input and the output of the cable box (if that's how you were doing it before). Ideally, every display source should have its own input on the TV because you can tweak the picture for each source separately in the TV (you did turn your color temp down to 6500°K right?).

wonderland

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comcast SUCKS. I had to threaten to sue the company before they would resolve my billing problem and it still took over a year. I recommend any other service.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The DCH3200 documentation shows RCA outputs for video and audio. You should be able to connect those to your VCR. Does your box have any RCA outputs? In your statement you referred to RCA inputs.

If you connect your VCR output directly to the TV input, that's actually a better way to go. The fewer devices between the source and the monitor, the better quality you will get.

I suggest connecting the RCA outs of the cable box to the RCA ins of the VCR then feed the VCR directly to the TV instead of connecting the VCR to the input and the output of the cable box (if that's how you were doing it before). Ideally, every display source should have its own input on the TV because you can tweak the picture for each source separately in the TV (you did turn your color temp down to 6500°K right?).

Thanks, but I am going to connect the VCR directly to the HDTV instead, and return the cable box.

Thanks, but I am going to connect the VCR directly to the HDTV instead, and return the cable box.

That's what I suggested (at least the connecting VCR to TV). Are you sure they have another cable box? Most companies only have one.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's what I suggested (at least the connecting VCR to TV). Are you sure they have another cable box? Most companies only have one.

I'm gonna stay without the cable box. I have an HD box in the bedroom and am gonna use the VCR in the living room.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mem, is your cable area a former Adelphia area?

Adelphia stank even before their financial problems arose.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Another bone to pick with Comcast was the rude worker there. When I signed up for service he took a long time on the computer. I start looking at a pamphlet and I hear this tapping noise behind the glass. I look at the guy and he is looking at his computer, so I look away. I hear tapping again and looked at him. He was trying to get my attention. I told him he was very rude and that he could have just spoken or said excuse me to get my attention. He also did not ask me if I needed an HD box and when we were done. I asked him about it and he said that he was not supposed to ask me if I needed an HD box, that I was supposed to ask him about it. I think he was a repressed closet queen.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate Comcast. Standard cable used to be affordable, but they keep raising the rates. I'm paying about $60 a month now for standard cable, which is twice as much as what I paid 7 years ago. Digital cable is only a few dollars a month more, so its an obvious ploy to get people to switch to digital. But if you make the switch, I think you get stuck with some additional feels, like a monthly rental fee on the converter box.

I don't want digital cable. I don't need digital cable. I hardly watch TV as it is. All I want is affordable standard cable. Is that too much to ask?

To make it worse, on standard cable they recently discontinued the channel guide, and moved several of the channels that I used to get to digital-only format.

I've seriously considered giving up cable altogether, and just using my TV for video rentals, but I'm not quite ready to give up the shows that I do watch.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had several problems with Comcast...
when I had it installed during a "free installation" period, the guy who showed up did not have a command of the English language and I told him that I only needed cable installed in one of my bedrooms...the other rooms were already wired because the woman I bought the house from had already had it done. The guy ended up trying to charge me for installation in 3 rooms...and I was supposed to get HBO but that wasn't done until I called to complain...

Then when I wanted to discontinue service with Comcast, I called customer service to place a disconnect order. I then took the box & remote into the office to turn them in. The woman at the counter was totally rude...when I got up to the window, she just looked at me & didn't say anything at all...so I told her that I was there to terminate my service & turn in the box & remote...she never said a word & just took the items, tested them to make sure they worked & then handed me a receipt. So I asked her if that was all I needed to do & she grunted something so I left.

Later that month I received another bill from Comcast as if my service was uninterrupted! So I had to call "customer service" again to remind them that I no longer had service with them...

I made the switch to DirecTV, but they have their issues as well...for example, every time it rains hard my signal goes out...that's BS!!!