Come Out, Come Out.............

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It would be interesting to know which members of your family are gay?(or you suspect)
In my family, besides me, there's my brother, an uncle, and I'd swear that my paternal grandfather was (he died).

dcjohnny

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm the oldest of five: besides me, my middle bro is gay and my youngest bro has a bi past, now str8 but with absolutely no hang-ups about it. My late cousin (6 mos older) was gay. And (like Caneadea) I think my grandfather (maternal in my case) was, but probably never did anything about it because of the societal and religious strictures of his day. Interesting, all this family stuff . . .

klute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Both my brothers are gay. The only thing my mum said when she found out was 'you know we're relying on you for a grandchild now don't you?' For fucks sake.

I definitely have one lesbian cousin, probably another and everyone's certain one of my aunt's is too although she's chosen the spinsters life. That's Catholic's for you I suppose.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My older brother is undetermined. 50 years old without ever having any girlfriend that we know of, and yet no boyfriends either. May even a virgin. Incredibly shy and private.

Two cousins, male and female.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I come from a family of large families... my dad was second of six children, and my mom was first of six. I am number six of six. My aunts and uncles all had varying numbers of children, and all my cousins have at least two each, so lots of relatives in this equation. As far as I know, I am the only gay one in all that. The closest, I think, was a great-aunt who was probably bi.

I also got the "procreation pressure", as did you, klute. My older siblings all married. I have 5 nephews, no nieces. Before I came out to the family, everyone was CONSTANTLY telling me that I was their last chance for having a niece (or from Mom, a granddaughter.) I always replied "You can go out and buy one if you like, but I am not going to give you one."

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
:bsflag:

My father was always railing on me with this one: "Who's going to carry on the family name?" Well, he comes from a large family so I don't see that as a problem. Ugh.
DC_DEEP said:
I come from a family of large families... my dad was second of six children, and my mom was first of six. I am number six of six. My aunts and uncles all had varying numbers of children, and all my cousins have at least two each, so lots of relatives in this equation. As far as I know, I am the only gay one in all that. The closest, I think, was a great-aunt who was probably bi.

I also got the "procreation pressure", as did you, klute. My older siblings all married. I have 5 nephews, no nieces. Before I came out to the family, everyone was CONSTANTLY telling me that I was their last chance for having a niece (or from Mom, a granddaughter.) I always replied "You can go out and buy one if you like, but I am not going to give you one."

Kong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My nephew is gay. I have friends, identical twins, who are gay.