Comedian Katt Williams jailed in Ga. over burglary

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comedian Katt Williams jailed in Ga. over burglary
DIONNE WALKER (AP) – 16 minutes ago
ATLANTA — Comedian and rapper Katt Williams remained jailed Monday in suburban Atlanta after police said they arrested the entertainer for breaking into a home and stealing thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and coins. Williams, who police say is 38, is charged with burglary and criminal trespassing, according to Coweta County Sheriff's Office Maj. James Yarbrough. A Coweta County magistrate set bond at more than $41,000 Monday afternoon. A detention officer at Coweta County Jail confirmed Williams remained in custody after the hearing.

Yarbrough said the Sunday night incident happened at a home in Newnan, about 38 miles southwest of Atlanta. Yarbrough said the victim — identified in a police report as Daniel Broach — called police around 9 p.m. to report the comedian broke into his home and stole items. Williams had a crowbar when he entered and is accused of taking $3,555 in jewelry and collectable coins.Yarbrough said police believe the entertainer was in Georgia working on a film.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had there not been a victim named I'd have asked if he'd also hung pictures of his family everywhere.

I seriously can't understand this stupidity. Why would someone with a successful career (legit, even) risk it for shit like this. Is DMX that much of a role model?

Had there not been a victim named I'd have asked if he'd also hung pictures of his family everywhere.

I seriously can't understand this stupidity. Why would someone with a successful career (legit, even) risk it for shit like this. Is DMX that much of a role model?

Sounds to me like he's involved in something shady. All that money coming in and it's not enough? There's got to be a loan shark or something pressuring him. It's sad.

BTW, did Alex8 make that commercial in your sig?

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[crazy fangirl on] Why would anyone that succesfull break into a random guys house for just 4000 dollars? I mean, this guy is known to be a good friend of Snoop!

Thisis either a good publicity stunt for his upcomming movie, or he got framed. Katt might not be an angel, but his doesn't sound like something he'd do. [/crazy fangirl off]

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

The economy must be bad if comedians are breaking in people's homes.
I look forward for Robin Williams to break into my room...he'd get JUMANJI Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Hehehe.:biggrin1: And Wanda Sykes would say "WTF?!! I am in the middle of the set of Sanford and Son!!!"

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Successful doesn't necessarily mean he has any money. Entertainers often spend it faster than it comes in and if you need a fix on a Monday night... you do what you gotta do.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay