Comedian Lisa Lampanelli

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Did anyone catch any of the comedians during the all day "Comedy Central Presents" marathon this past Sunday?
Also was the premier of Lisa Lampanelli's new routine of "Dirty Girl", which I thought was o.k. but I still like her old material "Take it like a man", it was great.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw it and was HIGHLY offended, but she had me laughing a bit though! She always says that Jewish men have the smallest penises in the world amongst other ridiculous shit that came out of her mouth. She is a gifted comedian, but in her effort to develop an "edge" to her routines... she has overreached and has turned out to be quite ascerbic... but alas... she is an insult comic and she is an excellent one. Is that Lyndsay Buckingham in your avatar?

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I saw it and was HIGHLY offended, but she had me laughing a bit though! She always says that Jewish men have the smallest penises in the world amongst other ridiculous shit that came out of her mouth. She is a gifted comedian, but in her effort to develop an "edge" to her routines... she has overreached and has turned out to be quite ascerbic... but alas... she is an insult comic and she is an excellent one. Is that Lyndsay Buckingham in your avatar?

She pretty much offended everyone. But, hey, I laughed too, and I'm (at least) a quintuple-oppressed minority. It's like the double-oppressed minority she felt she couldn't date, but with more oppression.:wink:

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all, I'm a Jew and that's not true:tongue:. I'm all for a taking a joke, but she's just a terrible comedian. All she does is make insults based on racial stereotypes *yawn*. Race-based standup is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy tirrrrrrrrrrrrrred. When she's just insulting you for the sake of insulting you it's pretty funny though. I liked what she said about Courtney Love at Pamela Anderson's roast:

"Courtney Love, she's such a slut, she'd suck a dick for a Diet Coke."

Other than that, pass.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always thought that jews had big dicks...

Of course, why else would we have to trim some off? We're a practical people. :wink:

On a serious note, the blacks think they're the biggest, as do the Poles, and the Czechs, the Iraqis and the Uzbeks...

Try not to think about it in terms of race. Forget race. Race is not a biological entity. Instead try to imagine a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide spreadsheet filled with attributes -- skin color just being one of those attributes. That way you see the world for what it is, and you'll realize that we're all the biggest, and the smallest, and the most average.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course, why else would we have to trim some off? We're a practical people. :wink:

On a serious note, the blacks think they're the biggest, as do the Poles, and the Czechs, the Iraqis and the Uzbeks...

Try not to think about it in terms of race. Forget race. Race is not a biological entity. Instead try to imagine a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide spreadsheet filled with attributes -- skin color just being one of those attributes. That way you see the world for what it is, and you'll realize that we're all the biggest, and the smallest, and the most average.

I know... when I wrote that, I was like... man even though that is a compliment, it's still kind of charged with division. (some jewish people think they are a race, but I just think they are honkies like Irish people) I put it down anyway to illustrate a point.

My My My, you are an intelligent young man Nitrofiend, that was a nice post you wrote... you always write such good stuff.

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know... when I wrote that, I was like... man even though that is a compliment, it's still kind of charged with division. (some jewish people think they are a race, but I just think they are honkies like Irish people) I put it down anyway to illustrate a point.

My My My, you are an intelligent young man Nitrofiend, that was a nice post you wrote... you always write such good stuff.

Well, truthfully, many Jews have very similar attributes (dark curly hair, large nose, brown eyes, glasses etc.) because they were only allowed to breed with other people of Jewish origin (in roughly the same regions, inbreeding was pretty prevalent among cousins). So it can be argued that they have a somewhat physically distinctive group. All of the certain positives and negatives were then highly concentrated in Jews as a result of this process of cohesion in the community. This also happens to be the root cause of Tay-Sachs disease in mainly Jews descendant of the Ashkenazi region. My extended family is a mix of most of the regions of Europe, yet all Jewish, so you might be able to tell me apart from the more homogenous population of Ashkenazi Jews (I have some Mediterranean in me for example).

But then again, obviously Jews weren't the only group to practice this intermarrying to preserve themselves. So I guess organized religion and cultural ideology can in fact arrange as well as maintain the concentration of physical attributes in people at least somewhat. This is definitely something to discuss in another thread though.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
First of all, I'm a Jew and that's not true:tongue:. I'm all for a taking a joke, but she's just a terrible comedian. All she does is make insults based on racial stereotypes *yawn*. Race-based standup is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy tirrrrrrrrrrrrrred. When she's just insulting you for the sake of insulting you it's pretty funny though. I liked what she said about Courtney Love at Pamela Anderson's roast:

"Courtney Love, she's such a slut, she'd suck a dick for a Diet Coke."

Other than that, pass.
I liked the last part of that joke even better: "Don't worry, honey, I do it just for the taste of it.":biggrin: I actually think that she's rather harmless, tbh.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I cracked up watching the videos, I admit. A co-worker who trusts that I don't get upset with stereotypical jokes told me about Lampanelli's one-liner, "If you don't want your canoe to tip over, paint it black." I giggled. She's loud and rude and that's entertaining, but I think it would get old after a while. After all, you can call Andy Dick gay only so many different ways, y'know?