Comedians you don't find funny...

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...and those you really do!

Being that i don't see a lot of US comics i cannot name many but i will name one of each.

I don't find funny:- Chris Rock

I really do find funny:- Rich Hall

UK comics i love include David Mitchell, Russell Howard, Dara O'Brynn, Frankie Boyle and my fave comic show atm is Mock the Week

UK comic i don't like is Roy Chubby Brown

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like Robin Williams as a stand up or as a comedic actor tho I've liked him in dramatic roles.
I don't understand why people like Bob Saget. He seems like a serial killer waiting to happen.

My list is nearly endless. I don't care for most stand-up comics and particularly none from the Borscht Belt era ... except for Henny Youngman (his delivery is perfection itself). Jerry Lewis is about the worst of the lot. I find nothing about him remotely or even benignly amusing.

I do (or did) like Bill Maher, Richard Pryor, and Ron White. Early Eddie Murphy is fantastic. My fave is definitely George Carlin.

Evil personified is Carrot Top. I need to meditate and listen to binaural stimulation tones to keep from wanting very bad things to happen to him in cruel and painful ways.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed, Bob Saget is lame. Also, I absolutely cannot stand Dane Cook. He makes me want to shoot myself in the foot.

Tom Green is insufferable.

Can't think of any British comedians I dislike. I tend to like all the ones that I've seen.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't like Robin Williams as a stand up or as a comedic actor tho I've liked him in dramatic roles.
I don't understand why people like Bob Saget. He seems like a serial killer waiting to happen.

No, I did'nt find Bob remotely funny watching his clips on youtube.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't like Dane Cook, Wanda Sykes, or many of the plethora of unknown comdians Comedy Central trots out to flesh-out their lineup.

Ones I do like include Dave Attel, Frank Caliendo, and Mitch Hedburg.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sometimes, the reason why you don't find a comedian funny is because you don't relate to the context from which they come from with their comedic perspective. A lot of it is life experience and their perspective of it.

For example: I don't particularly like Jim Carrey. He does some good comedy impressions...but sometimes he does them a bit too much--he overdoes it. What people may not know is that he is a great dramatic actor. He was amazing as the older "black sheep" brother in "Doing Time On Maple Drive". But due to his comedy career, he gets the comedic roles and the outrageous roles.

These are the comedians I like: Robin Williams. Monty Python's Flying Circus troupe. Kids In The Hall. Second City Television. Chevy Chase. Eddie Murphy. Charlie Murphy. Chris Rock. Dave Chapelle. Simon Pegg. Nick Frost. Mike Birbiglia. Dane Cook...(I knew he was gonna be a hit.). Jane Curtain. Chris Farley. Dave Thomas. Rick Moranis. Wanda Sykes (SHE IS HIL-ARRRIOUS.) Cedric The Entertainer. Benny Hill. There are many others.

I never liked Demetri Martin. Not funny. Bland. Michael Richards...not because of the "ni663r" Tourettes rant at THE LAUGH FACTORY:rolleyes:--he wasn't funny standup-wise at all.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I liked Joan Rivers years ago. I give her props for keeping herself in the pop culture and she has mades kazzilions of dollars...but the past ten years I find her timing sucks and she, along with her freeze dried daughter, is just not funny

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dislike: Dane Cook. Artie Lange. Steve Harvey. Though, to be fair, I loathe him for the Act like a lady think like a man relationship book for women. I can't believe there are women who buy it. I want to smack them with it.

Likes: Eddie Izzard is da man. Steven Wright. Bill Hicks. Eddie Murphy back in the day. George Carlin.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My all time favorite..... George W Bush.

That redneck fucker had more unintentional one-liners than anyone.

LOL! That he did. But my favorite unintentional one-liner came from Dan Quayle... "The Republican party understands the importance of bondage between a mother and child". :biggrin1: (Get out those ropes and chains now, moms!)

Dislike: Dane Cook. Artie Lange. Steve Harvey. Though, to be fair, I loathe him for the Act like a lady think like a man relationship book for women. I can't believe there are women who buy it. I want to smack them with it.

Likes: Eddie Izzard is da man. Steven Wright. Bill Hicks. Eddie Murphy back in the day. George Carlin.

I HATE gender stereotyping humor, and of course anyone who would write a relationship book called "Act like a lady think like a man" goes on my shit list automatically. Also, most comedians lately (since the 80s, it seems) have been almost nothing but gender stereotyping, so I pretty much hate all of 'em.

Love Steven Wright! He's my favorite. Also liked George Carlin and Richard Pryor.

Oh, and I've seen both love and hate for Robin Williams on here. I think he probably does some gender stereotyping humor, however, he also has one of my favorite jokes: one about the Episcopalians being "Catholic Lite" - all the rituals, half the guilt!

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't doubt most Gabachos have difficulty understanding Mencia. His humor is not necessarily directed at white, middle class Wonder Bread audiences. Personally, I never cared for The Three Stooges (they make my fillings hurt).

As for "white" humor, I'm terribly fond of Eddie Izzard and, of course, George Carlin's musings on . . . well . . . everything. He is/was timeless.

Edit: And don't be thinking that George Lopez is a cute "token" hispanic comic. He can be as charming as Steppin' Fetchit, but in reality he's got about 20+ percent of the USA's cajones and tetas in his pocket.

Last edited:

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't doubt most Gabachos have difficulty understanding Mencia. His humor is not necessarily directed at white, middle class Wonder Bread audiences. Personally, I never cared for The Three Stooges (they make my fillings hurt).

Why, I oughta..