Comedians you don't find funny...

Not funny: Will Ferrell, Steve Martin.

Funny: Kathy Griffin, French & Saunders (were), Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, Simon Pegg, Will Smith, Mike Myers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comedians you don't find funny...
Bobcat Goldthwait
Sam Kinison
Gilbert Godfried
Will Ferrell
Don Rickles
Jay Leno
Jeff Dunham
Jim Carey
Martin Short
Andrew Dice Clay
Sacha Baron Cohen

Sarah Silverman

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bobcat Goldthwait
Sam Kinison
Gilbert Godfried
Will Ferrell
Don Rickles
Jay Leno
Jeff Dunham
Jim Carey
Martin Short
Andrew Dice Clay
Sacha Baron Cohen
Sarah Silverman

I'll go with most of those, too.

I'd add: Roseanne Barr-or-whatever-she's-called-now. I could never see what audiences liked about her. She always just struck me as nothing more than a vulgar, cranky housewife whose forte is lower middle class wisecracks. Give me Peg Bundy any day.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not funny: Will Ferrell, Steve Martin.

Funny: Kathy Griffin, French & Saunders (were), Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, Simon Pegg, Will Smith, Mike Myers.

I do like Jo Brand but sometimes she is not as funny as i think she could be, not as much as when i first knew of her back in the 90's at least anyway.

Here is a link to her first possible tv appearance even earlier than that jo brand youtube - Google Videos

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Roseanne Barr, Gilbert Gottfried, and Bob Saget have never been funny. Robin Willliams is pure manic comic genius with a just hint of insanity. Bill Cosby is still good(Hey listen to Noah from one of his earlier acts!)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Most comedians I find not funny I couldn't name 'cause I don't stick around long enough to learn their names.

I'd agree with some mentioned above however: Bill Maher, Leno, Will Ferrell, definitely Steve Martin, and I never liked Bill Cosby.

Among the funniest for me were/are Richard Pryor (of course), Dave Chappell, Chris Rock, George Lopez ("smokin"), Carson, Dangerfield, Degeneris, early Seinfeld standup (and the show, of course).

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
carlos mencia and george lopez make the top of my list in the not funny comedians category. seriously dudes, we know you're mexican and we've heard all the mexican jokes already. there are only so many things you can say about getting beat with chanklas.

off the top of my head, dane cook, wanda sykes, carrot top, larry the cable guy, katt williams, and david letterman are other comedians i don't find funny.

oh, and tucker max... he's a douchebag.

drumstyck

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
did i scan too quickly, or has no one mentioned Stella? the trio of Michael Showalter, David Wain & Michael Ian Black?

quick list off the top of my head:

Like - Eddie Izzard (seems to be a consensus around here), George Carlin, David Cross, Mike Birbiglia, Arj Barker, Dave Attell, Rodney Dangerfield, Steven Wright, Demetri Martin, Mitch Hedberg.

Dislike - Dane Cook, Jeff Dunham, any of the Redneck Comedy Tour (Foxworthy, White, Cable Guy, the other one with the mustache), Carlos Mencia.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most comedians I find not funny I couldn't name 'cause I don't stick around long enough to learn their names.

I'd agree with some mentioned above however: Bill Maher, Leno, Will Ferrell, definitely Steve Martin, and I never liked Bill Cosby.

Among the funniest for me were/are Richard Pryor (of course), Dave Chappell, Chris Rock, George Lopez ("smokin"), Carson, Dangerfield, Degeneris, early Seinfeld standup (and the show, of course).

Margaret Cho is funny. Maybe you need to be gay to appreciate her humor.

YouTube - Margaret Cho - Lesbian Jokes + Are You Gay?

YouTube - Margaret Cho - Gay Men Jokes

I was just about to mention Ellen DeGeneris and Margaret Cho! (On my "Like" list...) - and I'm straight, but I'm nontraditional for my gender in most other ways, so maybe that explains my liking for them.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
carlos mencia and george lopez make the top of my list in the not funny comedians category. seriously dudes, we know you're mexican and we've heard all the mexican jokes already. there are only so many things you can say about getting beat with chanklas.

I agree about Carlos Mencia but not George Lopez. Carlos Mencia isn't even Mexican, he's part Honduran and part German and his real name is Ned Holness! He just tries to capitalize on the whole "beaner" schtick. I don't like him for that and also for his very anti-gay comedy of his early stand-up career. He's toned that part down a bit lately, but it's still there.

George Lopez on the other hand is 100% Chicano and funny as shit. Yes, he tells the same jokes over and over, but all comedians do. But to us Mexicans they'll never get old because he's making fun of the way we live and how we grew up. I got hit with chanklas and drank out of the mangera too when I was little, so reminiscing about stuff like that will always make me smile and laugh.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Larry David.
I do not get Curb Your Enthusiasm and I have tried so hard.:redface:

Interesting njqt466.

We should begin a club.

You're the only other person I know who has stated she doesn't like Larry David. Wait you said you "didn't get" him.

Well I get him all right. He's obnoxious, his humor is based in the same things Don Rickles' is; inconsideration, racism, condescenion, and verbal abuse.

Every last one of my friends to a man loves Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I've tried and tried. Nope. If I ran into him (in a plot context) I'd drop kick him into the next county. He's a little asshole.

Chris Rock can be funny.

Wanda Sykes is the bomb however. CHECK HER OUT in her HBO Special I'ma Be Me. The paralled she draws about being gay and being black is spot on.

Last edited: