Comedic actor bill daily r.i.p.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I Dream of Jeannie Star Bill Daily Dies at 91: Read Barbara Eden, Bob Newhart's Moving Tributes

Bill Daily was the sidekick and second banana that stole every scene he was in. Whether playing wacky astronaut Roger Healey in I dream of Jeannie or the equally screws-loose character Howard Borden on The Bob Newhart Show, Daily could make you laugh with a simple expression or with an exquisitely timed line.

"Attention please! Will Captain Howard Borden please report to the flight control tower. We have an emergency only you can solve!!"

In this unforgettable episode from The Bob Newhart Show titled Tobin's Back in Town Howard Borden, a "navigator" for an undisclosed airline that still uses navigators decades after they were obsolete in the cockpit, attempts to impress his girlfriend Ellen when her suave and debonair ex-boyfirend flies-in from Cleveland, that rustbelt town and dependable source for laughs on the comedy circuit. To embellish his prestige as an aviator, Bill Daily dons a Snoopy vs. the Red Baron-like scarf and dark glasses for his scene which starts at 10:29.

Reactions: BillM

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Bill_Daily_I_dream_of_Jeannie_1969.JPG
ich-traume-von-jeannie-tv-hayden-rourke-larry-hagman-barbara-eden-bill-tagliche-idj-008-bkd561.jpg
NGS6LQZCPNDMZHEKKPLNMAVHNM.JPG

Reactions: thirteenbyseven