Comfort and Modesty at the Gym

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by rostrick, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rostrick

rostrick New Member

I work out seriously, about 5 x per week. When i wear a jock or briefs under my shorts i get ugly looks or giggles from people. I think my bulge looks like an erection to them. If I go commando you see movement down low and the head. Boxers feel clingy and bunchy and don't really hide anything. I prefer commando, but I don't really want to offend anyone. What should I do?

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Do what makes you feel comfortable and screw the rest.

3. Truck

Truck New Member

boxer briefs/ compression shorts would probably work, depending on how big you are of course

4. rostrick

rostrick New Member

Compression pants still bulge and they're not comfy; too much fabric.

5. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Isn't thaty everyones fantasy?

6. catman

Gold Member

For years I wore snug boxer briefs to the gym for support (still remember horrible jockstraps from when I was younger that felt like steel wool and tended to pinch my nuts)... normally wear boxers.

I have 3 sons, one day doing laundry (they are grown but dad is 'free laundry' so...) found a jock in the dryer, softer and better than I am remember them being, tried it out...

now wear a jockstrap at the gym- love how it keeps my nuts/dick from bouncing (or worse falling out when sitting/crouching.

as to the 'looks' screw it. I want support and hate bruised balls..

7. kdog12

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Do what you want to do! people probably are looking just to check things out, these kind of locker room insecurities of other people are getting kinda crazy. who cares its a guys locker room. when did men get soo uncomfortable to see another guy naked. wear what you want! go comando... wear a jock... wear a thong... or briefs or boxers or boxer briefs.

8. london_bi

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah do what you want, bro.

9. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

nick8 "Do what makes you feel comfortable and screw the rest."

kdog12 "Do what you want to do! people probably are looking just to check things out, these kind of locker room insecurities of other people are getting kinda crazy. who cares its a guys locker room. when did men get soo uncomfortable to see another guy naked. wear what you want! go comando... wear a jock... wear a thong... or briefs or boxers or boxer briefs."

I agree. I wear UA shorts comando. They are comfortable and work for me and that's all that matters. Careful to be aware of my position and possible hanging out of the leg, to be respectful though.

10. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    as long as you're not falling out of your shorts, or wearing something that gaps in obscene ways that people will accuse you of purposefully TRYING to exhibit your junk, then follow the guidelines of your LPSG brothers:

wear what you want man

you are there to work out. Others are there to work out too, not to judge you for what you are wearing. Whether you decide to swing free and low or bulge out with a good ol' jockstrap, you won't be the only dude there who is dressed the same way.

Some guys wear new fashions, performance gear, pro lines with built-in liners, etc etc etc. Other guys will grab their oldest faded shorts from high school gym class and pair it with a ratty old pitted out tee shirt. There's a wide spectrum inbetween.

The only persons you need to be 'concerned' about complaining would be management. If you get tapped on the shoulder then 'lesson learned' and change your wardrobe. Otherwise, bulge on, flop on, swing on.

As others have said, don't draw attention to yourself- it's a non-issue. You'll never satisfy everyone, no matter what you do. Wear what improves your workout and makes you feel good- but keep it clean man.

11. Darkriff

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A roll of duct tape and some twine. J/k, do what you enjoy, you're going to workout, you yourself want to be comfortable. Fuck those that think you're there to give a show. They should be putting more energy into working out themselves, not staring about at your crotch.

12. BIGdkluver

Gold Member

Instersting topic.

Actually, I wear nothing under my gym shorts--and I do this so that I can feel completely free to exercise my legs and lower body. Yes, I can feel my penis and balls flopping around, but that feeling just makes me feel more aware of my body. And I'm at the gym to exercise my body.

Admittedly, a few times I have begun to get a hard on with all the flopping around, but I'm very discreet and careful not to let it show or be too obvious.

And, based on what I've seen of the other dudes in the exercise room, I am definitely not the only one who's going commando under my gym shorts! :wink:

13. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    can I see to decide?

14. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    Men have penises. If people around you are uncomfortable with that fact then that's their problem. If some soccer maom actually says anything to you, just tell her that you'll strap your dick down when she tapes down her breasts.

15. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

for the pervs who want to put on a show buy a home gym and wear what ever you like. unless it's a gay gym no one there wants your junk flopping in their face. don't kid yourselves.

#15 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  16. rostrick

rostrick New Member

You obviously speak from the minority, and I can't avoid showing one way or another. I think you could infer from my post that I am not trying to be offensive, but just the opposite. Logic dictates that one would be unable to put on a show in a home gym, so your argument seems feeble at best. More over, is there such a thing as a gay gym? I was asking for advice/support and you are just making negative and condescending comments which don't help at all. If you were to say "I" instead of "no one there", I could use your input. I seriuosly doubt your understanding of what the entire gym would like, but thanks to the other posts I realize that it's what I like that matters; not you or the rest of the gym. Thanks anyway.

17. D_Randy_Cox

D_Randy_Cox New Member

Huzzah!!!!

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

As long as you have on shorts, I don't see how you could offend anyone. You should wear what is comfortable and safe for the activity. I don't think that being commando around weights and machines is a good idea, personally. I show a bulge and can't do commando as I get groin pains. That said, I am never trying to show my bulge at the gym. I am there to work out, not cruise.

Even if it is a gay/gay friendly gym (like ones in South Florida), I don't want to see your dick while I am exercising. I am there to work out, not jerk off.

19. nubian

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Boxer briefs are your friend

20. jason8inch

jason8inch New Member

Depends on what I'm wearing, but usually it's boxer briefs. I do tend to wear boxers with basketball shorts, but my junk does not show, nor would I ever want it too. I don't want my privates showing while in public and especially not while I'm working out at the gym.

Draft saved Draft deleted