Comic Books

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Lex, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I know there are more than a few comic book readers (and ex-readers in the house) as there have been threads talking about "Im the Juggernaut, Bitch!!" and attraction to superheroes, etc.

In fact, it was a mutual love of Comics and Mariah Carey that brought me and Matthew to marriage many month ago...

*looks around* What, you thought we were kidding?!?!

So, I thought it might be a fun idea (with the proliferation of Comic Book Movies in recent years) to share your favorite comic book, superhero websites here.

Here are a few of my regular stops:

Superhero Hype -- has the inside scoop on everything

Comicon -- Up to the minute reports on comics, conventions, writers, artists, etc.

Comics Continuum -- Updates on comics, TV shows (cartoons, etc.), Movies and More

For Xmen Fans, I give you:

The X Axis -- this guy reviews every X book each week. Former writers have contacted him to make sure that their stories made sense in the larger X-History.

Uncanny X-Men.Net -- archives of every Xbook ever written, character bios of the old Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe, family trees and more!

And there is always the big 2 sites:

www.marvel.com

www.dccomics.com

Anyone else have any good sites to share?

2. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I read and have collected the following:

Lenore
    Stitch
    Johnnny The Homicidal Maniac
    I Feel Sick
    Filler Bunny
    Gloom Cookie
    Rare Creature

I just love Slave Labor graphics, I guess. All listed are first printings and not for sale..hehe. :biggrin1:

I don't really do that Marvel stuff..

3. Shelby

Gold Member

4. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    R Crumb!

lol I like the ones he does where the women have no heads. That shit's fucked up.

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I was an avid reader of comics from aged 11 or 12 up until the time I graduated high school. Favs were Spiderman, Fantastic Four, XMen, Daredevil, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, the Avengers (Marvel)... and Green Lantern, Flash, Justice League of America, the Atom, Metal Men (D.C.) The time frame I read them is generally considered the latter part of the "Silver Age" of comics.

I haven't kept up with them via the internet - only thru T.V. and movie versions of the characters. When we (as kids) were reading about Spidey's first battles with the likes of Doc. Ock, the Green Goblin, and the Sandman, we dreamt of how cool it would be to see him in a movie. But never in our wildest dreams did we ever imagine we would see it come to pass, at least not see it done so well.

The makers of these movies, with the collaboration of the creators of the characters (Stan Lee, for example) have wisely blended in newer characters while not forgetting us "older kids". Imagine my surprised delight to look up and recognize the Juggernaut stomping across the screen in the last XMen movie.

6. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

new Spider-man trailer looks really cool. You can download it at Quicktime.com. New TMNT movie also looks somewhat promising.

Transformers is still going to suck balls. and not in a good way.

7. Shelby

Gold Member

His women are drawn healthy to say the least :tongue:

8. Matthew

Gold Member

Anything written by Grant Morrison rocks the universe.

9. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Just oldies for me. I wrote and put up a site on the Gilberton Classic Comics/Classics Illustrated, and that was enough for me - I've officially ODd on comics. Maybe someday I'll finish my EC site.

Draft saved Draft deleted