Sandman
The Invisibles
Transmetropolitan
Preacher
Queen and Country
Blue Monday
Hopeless Savages
Bone

oh, and Pride of Baghdad is one of the greatest graphic novels ever in the history of forever. :cool:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah, read the first three chapters. pretty damn good so far! i'm a little hesitant about reading the New X-Men chapter that just came out since i'm not a fan of that book, but i want to keep up with the overall story, so...swallow my pride, throw down three extra bucks and hope for the best. :)

61_

yeah, i gotta speak up and say i read comics far too much. Been a 20+ year collector and the past few years have been a renaissance in comic storytelling! It's a good time to be a comic lover.

My current pull and some old favorites:
Astonishing X-men
Y: The Last Man
Daredevil
Amazing Spider-man
Fantastic Four
Thor
World War Hulk
The Watchmen
The Ultimates (who doesn't love Ultimate Captain America?)
The New Avengers
Random Ultimate mini-series
Batman
Usagi Yojimbo
Sandman
Fables
Hellblazer
Punisher
Lone Wolf and Cub
Planetary
Losers
Authority
Groo
Ex Machina
The Boys
Invisibles
and nearly anything by: Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Alan Moore, Ed Brubaker, Josh Whedon, Brian K Vaughn, Kazuo Koike, Neil Gaiman, [SIZE=-1]J. Michael Straczynski,[/SIZE]and even Mark Millar.

61_

gah, and Preacher! I love Preacher! Garth Ennis is GOD!

Sorry Garth. Forgive me.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah, i gotta speak up and say i read comics far too much. Been a 20+ year collector and the past few years have been a renaissance in comic storytelling! It's a good time to be a comic lover.

Astonishing X-men
Y: The Last Man
Daredevil
Amazing Spider-man
Fantastic Four
Thor
World War Hulk
The Watchmen
The Ultimates (who doesn't love Ultimate Captain America?)
The New Avengers
Random Ultimate mini-series
Batman
Usagi Yojimbo
Sandman
Fables
Hellblazer
Punisher
Lone Wolf and Cub
Planetary
Losers
Authority
Groo
Ex Machina
The Boys
Invisibles
and nearly anything by: Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Alan Moore, Ed Brubaker, Josh Whedon, Brian K Vaughn, Kazuo Koike, Neil Gaiman, [SIZE=-1]J. Michael Straczynski,[/SIZE]and even Mark Millar.

so...how exactly have you been since we were separated at birth? :tongue:

holsty101

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think I just came.

And it gets even better ... they're filming all the "Black Freighter" bits to (depending on which rumor's true I guess) either edit into the dvd release or release on dvd when the film hits the theaters. :cool:

I'd prefer the first option, but as long as it doesn't turn into a "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" sized almighty-cluster-fuck (in terms of comic to film adaptations) I'll be happy.

Reading everyone's comic lists makes me want to get all mine shipped over, we'd just need another room to put 'em all in...

oh, and Pride of Baghdad is one of the greatest graphic novels ever in the history of forever. :cool:

Damn, makes me wish I'd read it before I boxed it up. And left the country. :redface:

D

deleted136887

I once read a "Horny Biker Sluts" comic.... best ever. Never found another one...

61_

Good to see you reverend. Dad says hello. We've been half family since you left home.....

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And it gets even better ... they're filming all the "Black Freighter" bits to (depending on which rumor's true I guess) either edit into the dvd release or release on dvd when the film hits the theaters. :cool:

I'd prefer the first option, but as long as it doesn't turn into a "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" sized almighty-cluster-fuck (in terms of comic to film adaptations) I'll be happy.

did you catch Alan Moore on the Simpsons recently? it was hilarious!

"Will you sign my copy of Watchmen Babies? Which Baby is your favorite?" :biggrin1:

Damn, makes me wish I'd read it before I boxed it up. And left the country. :redface:

ah, man...sorry, didn't mean to leave you with regrets. but get it out the minute you get back into the country and devour it immediately! it'll break your heart in all the right ways. :cool:

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I think the greatest graphic story ever by possibly the greatest comic book artist ever Barry Winsdor Smith's { currently Opus I & II } Marvel Treasury 4 reprint of red nails.
A few years ago comic books were on their last legs until " 1} movies based on comics 2.} ebay and the net 3.} CGC or third party grading. It might take decades for newer stuff to become valuable but probably everything , given enough time , will be valuable in nm { 9.4 or higher }. And most people can use a buck or 2. For example spawn 1 is 10.00 in overstreet but try getting that. If you spent 16.00 & postage and received a cgc 9.8 { in a glass case } i think you can get 50.00. There's a version of ultimate spiderman 1 { just a few years old } that is approaching 1000.00 in cgc 9.8. Its tricky but something to keep in mind if you want to save for the future { and who doesn't } Something like amazing spiderman 1 in cgc 9.8 would approach half a million dollars.

Punisher

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

blah
blah
crap
blah
Punisher
more crap
more blah

My handle isn't just a nickname for the goods.. I'm also the holder of the largest Punisher comic/memorabilia merch. in the US, more than likely the world

:gives2:(<~ usual reaction)