Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

First, b1gm3..I am not asian, but I do have some experience with the Chinese way of thinking on the matter since my wife was born in China and with whom I had a son.
He was worried over by grandparents, aunts and uncles and family friends from the time of his birth until he married.

If you are from Mainland China, or even a Chinese American, at your age your parents are probably pressing you to marry and produce an heir...and also by grandparents or other family members. And, at your age they are getting worried and about to panic. If your parents or family are still in China and you are THE son of the "One Child" era, then there is even more pressure being put on you. Even with all the modernazation and westernization that has taken place in China in the last 10-20 years, some things will never change....a bit better here, but slower to change there.

I did not have a problem with my son for he is straight, married now, and had the obligatory son and heir. Whew!!!

Even though the West has a good family connection, the Chinese family is exceptionally close knit...very extended...and because of the "One Child Policy", this makes it more difficult to come out as gay or BI, which is extremely misunderstood....even more so than in the West.

However, I have many gay and Bi Chinese friends, here and in Mainland China, and have heard their thoughts on the matter. It seems that many families are already believing their sons may never marry for one reason. They are expected to marry one of their own kind.....meaning Chinese...and since there is such a shortage of Chinese women for Chinese men, the families
are already believing their sons may go "unwed"....which helps a lot.

Really what kind of sex you desire or what sex partner you want is not anyone's busines but your own. I know that will sound foreign to you since the Chinese are very curious and love to know all and meddle into everything that is really none of their business, but that is just the way it works. I learned very quickly years ago that I had ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVACY in my extended Chinese family. There is a word for it...yinsiquan...but I don't think I ever heard it used...or not in my presence, anyway.

But, that having been said...you are of a different era and you can just say..."I haven't found the right girl...and you know there are just so many men and so few "Chinese" girls for me to chose from." You will probably get away with it...and they will eventually give up. I hope so for your sake.

I know that I will be chastized for telling you to lie, but in your case, being asian, you will understand what I mean. Sometimes it is best. Eventually things will ease up and you can be yourself.
If you have a good relationship with your parents you just might
be surprised that their love will stay strong...and they will love you even more for letting them live your life along with you...and to be a part of your future happiness.

Good Luck