Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have been attracted to men my entire life. I don't remember how old I was. Somewhere in my early twenties I guess. I had a boyfriend for like 3 to 5 months...something like that. We were always together because he just kept coming around while I was trying to do all my business on the low, igcognito. By this time in my life, people suspect, don't know, only special ones know (about my real sexuality), just so many things were going on around me. My ex & I had an argument one night and we broke up for the umpteenth time. My mom noticed that he was missing and asked where he was. I said, "Mama, I'm gay. We broke up. He's gone" real nonchalantly. I asked her if she'd heard what I said about the gay thing. She said, "Yeah, I already knew" like it was nothing. And it wasn't. She loves me unconditionally. Her love grows as I breathe. It's crazy cuz she bugs me so bad sometimes:smile:

I told my siblings. I was embraced with love. I told my friends that I loved and whom I felt was worthy enough to know something THAT PERSONAL about me. I was supported and put at ease. I told the rest of family that I would even say anything to about it and we're cool:cool:. I have open arms all over the place where there was once this feeling of...just loss from my having uttered the words. After I said those words to my mom that made me 'really me' and everybody else that needed to know knew it. It was all good. It turned into a domino effect with me. I told everybody quick and fast, like rippin' off a band-aid.

I have no memory of losing someone because of their knowing this little something about myself. Had there been a person in my life before I spread the news about me to everyone that had a problem with the 'more revealed me' after they heard the news, then I'm glad that they're not around me. I'm a happy feelings kind of guy. I shift to good wind. Let the drama be where it will be (if any) and I'm out. My coming out did not change me. I'm the same as I've always been. I do not have any regrets about telling any person that I chose to except for the ocassional one that tries to hard:biggrin1:. Finally, I can say that I haven't produced any problems for my family by coming out. I was grown by the time I came out. Everyone else's problems were and are their own. I've got my own problems:cool:. We're not superheroes:wink:

So, that's it, man. That's what happened. Good luck to you in whatever decision you choose to make. Be sure that whatever you decide to do is FOR YOU. Play the signature before you leave. Peace.

dc9

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First of all, you just have to love 8060, so passionate in his expressions and feelings.
Love you man.
Now,
I have just recently, one month ago to be exact, come out. Of course I moved almost 1000 miles away to do so, but nonetheless, I am out!
I am so glad that I am. No one back home knows, but here I am out baby!
I have learned some things about straight people ove the last 30 days; and I must say, as a middle aged white male I have never experienced prejudice or bigotry before.
But just recently, my lover and two friends of ours, who are a couple went out to dinner. We had a great time and we were not afraid to hide the fact that we were gay or that we were enjoying each other's company.
The straight couple behind us, were so offended, that the ate their salad and had their main course boxed up and left the restaurant!
Wow! This shit still happens? Was my first reaction. Our dinner companions said, honey, that aint nothing.
Funny thing, there was another couple with a young child sitting a few tables away and the father kept on making eye contact with me. My lover said, blow him a kiss and watch what happens! LOL
Well to wrap up, I am so happy to be out and I wish the best of luck and love to anyone who still is on the fence about coming out.
Love to you all.
DC