Coming out too early?

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I made new friends who didn't care whether I was green or purple (or whether I liked to have sex with green or purple people).
OMG! Random B5 reference! This made my day.

Yeah, I think guys take it better if they already are friends with you then they find out that you are gay.
I think people who care about such things one way or the other aren't friends. I think that people who like you for you, regardless of who you choose to sleep with, are actual friends. Starting off any relationship with a lie is not the way.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I don't think I came out too early (14, then gradually to others between 15-17). But I'm at university now and I think I've let people know too early. So I'm hoping next year I'll be able to hold back and make some straight mates. Because being an openly gay guy at uni does make things difficult with other guys. They're not going to get out their way just to be friends with a gay guy.

Why do you want them as friends then? If you have to hide something about yourself or at least not be entirely yourself around them in order to obtain their friendship what kind of friends would they be?

If people don't want to take the time to get to know me because I happen to be gay they can fuck off, and I'm glad they're not my friends. Just sayin.