Coming out

VanderAnder

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm gay. I only finally admitted this to myself this weekend. At almost the same time, I came out to my best friend, who, by happy chance, is gay himself. I'm really pretty scared, but damn, it feels different, doesn't it?

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Congrats! The first and most important part of coming out is coming out to yourself. Obviously things are going well for you thus far. That's great. It's okay to be nervous about it all. Its a big step. Best of luck to you!

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
There have been several great threads here about coming out, and some of them offer support in their stories, and sometimes even resources to more conventional support. Lex's coming out was one that sticks out as a very public and inspirational process.

P.S. You might want to change your percentages, when you get around to it. :smile:

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You've now done the hardest part. Congratulations and rock and roll!

G.man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Congratulations! Been following your work, and I'm very pleased to hear you're becoming more comfortable with your sexuality. Be safe!

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well done, but you have to realise this is only the beginning.

'Coming out' is a continuous process - friends, family, work. Then here will be new work colleagues (I thought I had it all sorted, then we got a new receptionist......), people you meet socially, It just goes on.