Coming to America

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Texas is heat and humidity. Be it Galveston or Houston or San Antonio. But if you wants Texas, and you wants water, I'm advising Galveston. If you are used to hot and hot/wet, then Texas won't be a huge change for you. And as far as hurricanes go, like one previous poster said, you'll get those if you're on the coast no matter what... Florida, New Orleans, Southern Texas... doesn't really matter. I lived in Houston for a year and was in two hurricanes, and neither of them caused much damage... just lots of torrential downpours.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Being in the Tropics we get Cyclones, they are what you Americans call Hurricanes, something that we just live with every summer.
As a matter of fact I have a fully stocked cyclone kit (tinned food, bottled water, full gas bottles, cash, candles, matches, batteries and torches) all ready in case a big one hits.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Darlin' -

I think you would do well in Texas. While not near the water, Austin is supremely cool. I would suggest that. I nearly moved to Dallas for the ex. when we were getting married. I loved it there. Plenty of nightlife as well as cultural things - museums, parks, etc. The best of luck to you! Keep us posted. Oh - and if you are there and single, let me know. I might be able to pop down to show you around and make you feel welcome. : )

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
We have Cyclones and sharks, the worlds most poisonous octopus, 6 out the top 20 most poisonous snakes in the world, the only venomous mammal in the world, crocodiles, and a tiny translucent jellyfish the size of a thumb nail that has enough poison to kill a fully grown man.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Darling Drifterwood..Honey bun, I think you are a bit lost!
This is NOT the insult thread...now be a sweet little lad and RACK OFF.
(please)

Some shrews are venomous too. You forgot the blue ring octopus.

You might like Texas and then you may not. I might get hit for this but Texas is a fairly conservative and religious place and not like other places in the first world in that respect. Texans are unlike other Americans as a whole. If you're really interested in the state then look at its remarkable history and carefully investigate if it really is the place for you. Parts of Texas are metropolitan in character, the rest is quite insular. Many outsiders find it a bit bizarre.

We have Cyclones and sharks, the worlds most poisonous octopus, 6 out the top 20 most poisonous snakes in the world, the only venomous mammal in the world, crocodiles, and a tiny translucent jellyfish the size of a thumb nail that has enough poison to kill a fully grown man.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some shrews are venomous too. You forgot the blue ring octopus.

You might like Texas and then you may not. I might get hit for this but Texas is a fairly conservative and religious place and not like other places in the first world in that respect. Texans are unlike other Americans as a whole. If you're really interested in the state then look at its remarkable history and carefully investigate if it really is the place for you. Parts of Texas are metropolitan in character, the rest is quite insular. Many outsiders find it a bit bizarre.

Most places in Texas probably are. Austin is more progressive, so I've heard.

San Antonio is fairly conservative but I've always lived in very conservative areas (Indiana and now here), and San Antonio actually seems moderate compared to Indiana. Plus, I love the climate here - I mean, T-shirt weather in January! :smile: Yes, it gets hot in the summer, but I like hot weather.