Coming to America

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have Cyclones and sharks, the worlds most poisonous octopus, 6 out the top 20 most poisonous snakes in the world, the only venomous mammal in the world, crocodiles, and a tiny translucent jellyfish the size of a thumb nail that has enough poison to kill a fully grown man.

YouTube - Come To Australia!

I find a shot gun and a post hole shovel are useful when respect and understanding for Gods creatures fails.

Might also be handy for pesky neighbours.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes the Tourist information center are not going to ask me to write an add for Australia anytime soon.
But that YouTube song did sum it up nicely Gillette..well done

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm also going to have to have to put together a capable legal team.
I don't want to live in a new country with out knowing where I stand in regards to international law, property, company law, transferring assets from one contry to another and also laws governing the way assets are divided in the case of marriage/de facto relationships.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I have only visited Texas on several occassions, but San Antonio stood out for me. It was clean, has some history and a beautiful riverside. Let us know what your decision is dragonfly!!

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really like Louisiana. I live near Lafayette, in Southern Louisiana. Hurricanes usually don't hit this area (so far, anyway). :tongue: lol. We're usually on the edge, so we just get heavy rain. During winter, the weather varies. Some days you need a sweatshirt, other days a tshirt and shorts. One week it's in the 30s and the next it's in the 70s/80s. During summer, it's hot and humid. There is so much to do here. There are lots of festivals during summer, and around Mardi Gras.

Louisiana Travel

Also, I'm only about 40 minutes west of Baton Rouge, and about 2 hours west of New Orleans.

Let me tell you, the guys here are sexy! Love the accent here. :biggrin1:

The only thing though, that I don't like is that it's still segregated.

For the most part though, I've enjoyed living here so far. I haven't been here long, so I have yet to see/do alot of things.

Over the summer, I went on a swamp tour. It was pretty neat.

Here are some pictures of Louisiana: Louisiana Photos | TrekEarth

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been very restless for a while now and have been thinking of moving to America...Well Texas to be exact.(God I just love that Texan accent)
I've belive it is very simalar to my home state of Queensland.
I Love the ocean and a fairly relaxed lifestyle, so I wondering if any of my American friends can give me some tips about which Texan cities might fit the bill.
Also is there any quaint local (texan) customs I should be aware of.
Cheers,
Dragonfly.
TexaS scares me

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm also going to have to have to put together a capable legal team.
I don't want to live in a new country with out knowing where I stand in regards to international law, property, company law, transferring assets from one contry to another and also laws governing the way assets are divided in the case of marriage/de facto relationships.

You might want to check into the new post 9-11 US immigration laws Dragonfly. I have a feeling that it is very difficult to get a non-tourist visa let alone establish residency these days especially if you are not being sponsored by a company to work here or have relatives or a husband that will put you up here. I have a friend from Scandinavia of all places that is having a hell of a time now trying to get a Greencard to legally stay in America.

Visa Home