Comment on another guy's dick?

G

Ganymede

Yeah, with self-identified straight guys one could probably do without the comments about wanting to "cam" with us or about desires for oral sex. We can't relate to any of that. But boy can we relate to being told our wee-wees are cool looking. :smile:

To be perfectly honest, I have to agree with the majority of the comments here. I'm straight, and although it's particularly exciting to get to find a comment from a girl (in fact, it totally rocks, and is the main reason I'm here), I also love getting comments from any and everyone. It's always flattering to find good feedback about your cock, especially from men who've seen far more dick than I ever have. One thing, tho: "Nice cock, wanna cam" does not a worthwhile comment make.

G

Ganymede

I think the benefit here is what I mentioned earlier. With a woman complimenting you, of course, there is the chance of responsibility and action on the straight guy's part. There's a deeper commitment there; maybe she wants to go on a date; maybe she wants a relationship, etc. With a gay guy, it's just a compliment.

Any straight guy who posts his penis pictures to this site is stupid to be surprised when he finds that he gets comments from gay men. I think that whenever the male body is put on display it is usually at least 30% of the audience that is gay. This is because men are more visual than women. Isn't this something women try to get us to understand, that penis size is usually more important to us men (regardless of sexuality) than it is to women? This is because males are visual.

Interesting thread...

I wonder why the straight guys who do get offended by us gays commenting on their pics have not posted on this thread. Although reading it would lead one to believe that everyone is cool with comments, trust me there are plenty of straight guys who get really offended by comments to their pics.

I am really curious about them and their expectations of this site -- and what reactions they think they will inspire by posting pics in the gallery.

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've only ever commented (or in fact seen) cocks that were smaller than mine. One, I told my mate to just put it away (he was having a piss in front of me and turned round). Then there is my cousin who has a micropenis or very close to it yet love(d) to show off. I haven't seen him in a while.

G

Ganymede

Heads-up to hootie: If you want straight men to feel comfortable posting here you should probably avoid comments that suggest that by simply posting their pictures here they are not completely straight.

I don't think this is the case at all. In the discussion in my signature (Guns, the Penis, and Power) someone mentions the penis celebrations in Japan. In Japan these celebrations are perfectly acceptable, and they are attended by everyone, presumably straight men.

As men, gay or straight, we all worship the penis to a certain extent, either someone else's or our own. I think that this forum is simply the American/UK (and in some cases pan-European) version of what goes on in Japanese penis celebrations. That's how I feel about myself with this forum. I feel so honored that people have paid my penis so many compliments. Whether the compliment is coming from a woman or a man (gay or straight) doesn't change the fact that it is about my penis.

Maybe what I'm saying is that all men want their penises to be worshipped in a way. We don't have penis shrines in West like they do in Japan, so we have this website. Hounen Penis Fertility Festival

Anybody that posts a pic of their goods on here can lose the attitude. If you show it for comments, get over your phobia. You aren't that straight if you are posting your dick pics on a site full of gay men.

duderino

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Precisely -- and I'll say it again -- I LOVE getting comments from EVERYBODY, lesbians, gay dudes, asexuals and, of course, straight women. So what are y'all waiting for? Comment, goshdarnit! :)

Yeah, with self-identified straight guys one could probably do without the comments about wanting to "cam" with us or about desires for oral sex. We can't relate to any of that. But boy can we relate to being told our wee-wees are cool looking. :smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I make comments in the guys gallery or give them ratings without looking if they are gay or straight. Its crazy to come to a site dealing with a penis and posting pics where there are mainly other guys and get mad if another guy makes a comment about their dick. If they are looking for women there isnt too many here. So whats the real reason they are here? I wonder. I think most straight guys are comfortable with the comments. If i make a comment in a womens or mens gallery because they are sexy it isnt allways meaning i want to fuck them. There are many hot guys on here Lex, Hung, etc. Many hot women on here Bliss, Chrysaliss, Karmen. I mean nothing other than i think they are beautifull people. I am a big fan of the pics on here. From Jeff Black, Alex,Mega dick, Yorkie, Wild Honey, Kotchanski, Stud hunter, Mathew. Also have to say the people i listed are great people and very nice. But i think if someone is insecure about their sexuallityand afraid of where they are headed in that area they should stay away. Life is a journey. And if your at ease about where you might wind up at the end of the journey then its great. This is wonderfull site if people really take time and read and look at the human body Its beautiful.... Also everybody is welcome here from all walks of life. Nobody is shunned on or turned away...........:cool:

G

Ganymede

Precisely -- and I'll say it again -- I LOVE getting comments from EVERYBODY, lesbians, gay dudes, asexuals and, of course, straight women. So what are y'all waiting for? Comment, goshdarnit! :)

Hey, an interesting idea just occurred to me, bro. Thanks for helping me with this....

Basically, what you have just said is that you enjoy comments from many different orientations, most of which will never hold any prospect of sexual encounters with you.

What this means, then, is that for you the penis is not necessarily a soley sexual organ. I think this is the case for me as well, and most likely all men. The penis is NOT all just about sex. The penis, I believe, in many ways represents a man's heart. I know some would be offended by that, but the penis represents something very deep about the male gender.

In ancient Rome the penis was used as a talisman, that is, a symbol of good luck to ward off evil omens. So, even since ancient times the penis has meant more than just "sexual object."

I suppose the mistake some people are making is in thinking that the penis is ALWAYS a sexual organ and that all references to the penis must necessarily be of sexual connotation. This isn't the case at all.

To take this back to gay men complimenting one's penis, note that we are fine to have gay men compliment our penis. Because we are straight, the compliment is not sexual for us; we take the compliment only on an aesthetic level. It is when the comment from the gay man goes into the realm of sexuality ("I'd like to suck that," etc.) that we become uncomfortable.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
My comment was partly tongue in cheek. However, guys who come onto a site that is full of gay men and act upset when a gay man compliments their dick pic, needs to chill. It can be expected it's going to happen on a site like this one.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
To diffuse the situation here and to prove comments are welcome from all walks - note the 35,000+ responses in a thread started almost a year ago in this very forum.

I guess it's for those who want to make their comments a little more public :biggrin1:

G

Ganymede

True. And, by the way, I'm not at all offended by the idea that people may accuse me personally of not being "totally straight." I often wish I were in fact gay. I think gay men are usually really smart and educated, more so than the average straight man. But as so many know by now, you can't really choose your orientation.

My comment was partly tongue in cheek. However, guys who come onto a site that is full of gay men and act upset when a gay man compliments their dick pic, needs to chill. It can be expected it's going to happen on a site like this one.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Anybody that posts a pic of their goods on here can lose the attitude. If you show it for comments, get over your phobia. You aren't that straight if you are posting your dick pics on a site full of gay men.
...Oh I'm sorry.

I was confused.

I thought this was the Large Penis Support Group. I was unaware that it was titled Loving Penis Support for Gays.

u_u;

All sarcasm aside, I don't understand why you felt the need to attack/challenge the sexuality of the straight people who post on the board. It was unnecessary. I had already stated, however, if you feel uncomfortable about a gay person seeing your penis then you shouldn't post any nude pics of yourself ANYWHERE on the internet. That just comes with the territory of posting on the internet. :rolleyes:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To take this back to gay men complimenting one's penis, note that we are fine to have gay men compliment our penis. Because we are straight, the compliment is not sexual for us; we take the compliment only on an aesthetic level. It is when the comment from the gay man goes into the realm of sexuality ("I'd like to suck that," etc.) that we become uncomfortable.

That may be true for some straight guys, but I'm not sure it's true for all. I think there are some guys on this site, for example, that only desire women, only want to have female partners, only want to have sex with women that actually do still get turned on by anyone's compliments about their cock - including from men.

Granted, the sexual categories we use are problematic, but I would still consider those guys straight. The fact that they get hard from praise of their cocks is more a kind of sexual narcissism than being slightly or secretly gay. (By "narcissism" I don't mean to imply anything bad - I think it's a actually a common and healthy part of people's sexuality).

Anyway, I want to stand up for straight guys' right to get off on anyone who digs their cock.:biggrin1:

D

deleted69654

I am a straight man and i really like hearing what other people have to say about me and my penis.

G

Ganymede

Aw. I think we all can agree with that. I mean, a penis is a penis is a penis. It's not like you can look at a penis and go, "That's a gay penis. that's a straight one."

On the other hand, when I first joined this site I was incredibly inspired by the male bonding of it all, being able to see each other's penises and comment openly on them. Now, however, after about two weeks of this, it's kind of grown tiresome. I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but the thing is, whether an individual penis is good looking or not (I think mine is), as a body part, they are actually funky looking. That funkiness is a good thing. They're meant to be funky looking. But lately, I almost can't look at one without laughing. They're sort of funny looking, actually. Mine as well, of course. I've gotten compliments on my pictures, particularly my boner picture; but that picture actually makes me laugh because I think my wee-wee looks like a snail. LOL :biggrin1:

Str8 or gay, your penis is a natural beauty......
Joff

Deve1opment

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks again for the debate on this. I have to say that no one ever said my cock was "funky". I love getting coments on my cock and like making comments on others but... don't wish to affend the str8 brotherhood. I guess, from the general opion above< i'll comment anyway. Guys, feel free to comment on me.

Multipass

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't post pictures of myself nude and non-nude if I didn't want people to make comments. You connect with others better when you can see who your talking to, and since 99% of the topics here are about our cocks... we might aswell have pictures of them. Weather the comment be from a man or a woman it's either flattery or an interesting comment. Both are perfectly welcome.