Comments - mean anything to you?

Mark2003: A little while ago I was on my way out (wearing tracksuit and a t-shirt) of my local fitness centre and a group of boys and girls were sitting by the door. As I was approaching them one boy said to the others "Pretty fly for a white guy". What does that mean? A few weeks back I passed a group of boys while walking throught town and one said to the others after seeing me "The balls of babylon, take me to the next level!" in a jokey kind of way.

Does anyone know what these comments mean and if they were about me?

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mark, what do you think they were referring to when they mentionned fly and balls....1rst guess would be crotch if that is any help

Mark2003: Strange. I wouldn't say I was cool at all really and I was only wearing a t-shirt and tracksuit like everyone else. Still stuck on 'Balls of Babylon..'

awellhungboi: Sammygirly is right that 'Pretty fly for a white guy' is an offspring song, but it's generally not said as a compliment.   :(

It's usually refers to a white guy trying to act black, or wearing a lot of bling bling, and looking foolish.  (edit: if you read the lyrics to the offspring song you'll see what I'm talking about.)

I'm not saying that applies to you, though, since I have no idea how you act or dress, Mark2003. In any case, it's hard to say, really, what those comments may or may not have meant--or if it they were even directed at you at all.

You shouldn't worry about it too much.  You seem like a cool guy to me.   :)

prepky: ok, not a slang pop culture expert, but my thinking is that the fly comment was not a compliment, maybe due to the fact that you was wearing a track suit and t shirt out, and the balls statement was ....well you was wearing a track suit, and if you have a big package, they were just commenting on the bulge...that was nothing other than just a statment...and keep in mind they are kids, and kids say the darnest things.....

bustyredhead: Take note... when a bunch of kids make a comment that makes no sense, remember that they are probably a product of a failing educational system. It's like they think they're clever, but they're not, and no teachers are there to make them see how wit really works. It's tragic. What you have to do is just grin and bear it. If they get really dumb, just insinuate something about why they're so interested in whatever, and see what they do next. It's usually sad funny. lol

- Nene (Counter-Heckler)

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Comments meaning anything to me ?

Well...

1. Positive comments - they make may day better (or they even make my day !!)

2. Negative comments - "Yeah, right... he's just envious".

Period. Damn, I want to look only at the bright side of things. At least regarding this.