Communal/gang showers at gyms

I am wanting to find a gym that has communal/gang style showers. I have tried several gyms around here and haven't found one yet. I think it would be cool to try it out. Looking in northern Kentucky or Southern Ohio areas.

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am wanting to find a gym that has communal/gang style showers. I have tried several gyms around here and haven't found one yet. I think it would be cool to try it out. Looking in northern Kentucky or Southern Ohio areas.
do you live near Clark County Indiana my YMCA and open plan showers and sometimes there are hot guys but not very often.

no, man thats a pretty good drive for me. like 3 hours.

RL_Praha

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is my favourite topic and apologies if I'm boring anyone with it. In my opinion, you're in the wrong country. Here you'll find open gang showers in the majority of establishments - in fact nearly all the non-pretentious ones.

Reactions: luiz

RL_Praha

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I thought a persons priorities in joining a gym were, the equipment / amenities they offer; and how easy it was to get there. I did not know that open shower were a driving force in the selection process
Well it seems you've found an exception to this rule :) For me, it's all of the above, but the open shower might swing the decision. As I've said above, for me the open shower criteria is academic, as here it's almost universal.

If you have a Y near you, check it out. Most of them in Canada still have open showers. My current Y does. It's the reason why I chose this gym out of many to get a membership for the following reasons:

1. I want to encourage this type of setup, so I support gyms that still use it.

2. It attracts a more relaxed and friendlier clientele than gyms that have private shower stalls. I have experienced this in the same city as my current Y, so it's not just a regional factor.

3. It's cleaner. Shower stalls are usually filthy.

ricd250584

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you have a Y near you, check it out. Most of them in Canada still have open showers. My current Y does. It's the reason why I chose this gym out of many to get a membership for the following reasons:

1. I want to encourage this type of setup, so I support gyms that still use it.

2. It attracts a more relaxed and friendlier clientele than gyms that have private shower stalls. I have experienced this in the same city as my current Y, so it's not just a regional factor.

3. It's cleaner. Shower stalls are usually filthy.
Where in Canada is this

nakedbro

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey man I travel to the Cincy area often and therefore if you find one please let me know.

Inhibit_one@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dante

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I thought a persons priorities in joining a gym were, the equipment / amenities they offer; and how easy it was to get there. I did not know that open shower were a driving force in the selection process

Me either. But it's a good way to bond with other guys.

What's the reason behind wanting an open/communal shower? I have my assumption and am guessing most people are thinking the same...

Reactions: effedi7

Space_Nerd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Open shower and private showers at our local city rec center. They are split between 2 separate locker rooms. The pool locker room has the open shower, with 3 heads. The weight and fitness building has 3 stall showers, with curtains. The open shower has curtains on the two openings going into the open area but the are not wide enough to completely cover the opening when closed.
Sadly, all of these showers are rarely used. Must not get enough business.