Communal shower advice

Thirtysomethingman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi all, am new here but so glad I found this site as so many likeminded people already!

I have an urgent issue I would love some tips on.

I started playing rugby last week, and the showers are completely open. Last week I was invited to shower but declined as I was so worried I would get a hard on. I find being naked around other men really liberating but my penis seems to think it should celebrate by stiffening up!

Tonight I'm going again, and would love to shower - just strip down and get clean like one of the guys. But I am so worried again incase I get hard.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for this? I was going to have a tactical wank just before I go, but I don't know if that will help much. I really want to do this and just be comfy being naked around others without worrying about my dick embarrassing me!

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

hardonistic

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
honestly, just fcken do it.

the more you think about it and worry the more it becomes an issue. even straight guys get boners in showers without thinking about it, so don't make it an issue.

don't think, just go and do and you will realise it becomes a normal part and parcel of sports training life. I was on the swim team so I understand the situation.

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Glad to hear it worked out! I had this problem when I was young, but got over it in college through gradual acclimation, incrementally increasing the time and distance that I spent naked away from the "safety" of a towel. Being naked around other guys soon became routine enough that it became a non-issue. I've used open showers for decades ever sense. It still feels exhilarating to be naked in these situations, but under control. It's a win-win. Enjoy!

Blondebot

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't worry it's normal if you get a semi or full boner. It doesn't happen to me but i see it all the time, there are a few guys that get semi in my communal shower specially 2 that always get semi boners and sometimes full boners too and we keep talking like it's nothing. You just have to go with the flow

TropPanda69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ruggers seem like some of the most accepting guys around. Have seen quite a few vids & pics of them frolicking playfully in the nude, occasionally even in bars. Agree w/others - let yourself be free w/the fellas & enjoy bonding w/them!!

NudeSuba

Sexy Member
Media
Dunlop (Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Enjoy your dick getting hard when around other guys. Is great for male donding and proves you are human like everyone slse. Just don't flaunt it. Is a normal body function to never be ashamed of. Remember other guys get boners too. Like others have said, you get used to being naked around other naked guys, and over time it will become second nature.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Use cold water if you cannot hold it. Problem solved

Cold showers used to make me hard as steel.

I've always wondered about this. Is the idea that cold showers cause massive shrinkage just urban myth?

Do I get turned on by the association of cold showers with sex? Like, when in an old movie, a guy who is paying too much attention to a woman is told to, "go take a cold shower."

Come to think of it, is the admonition to take a cold shower intended to quickly get the guy's mind off of sex? Or, is it, "go take a cold shower and blow that load that you've got all pent up."?

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I always at least get a semi in the shower, even by myself. If at the gym and things start to get a little out of control, I switch to cold, and the temperature shock usually puts things back in to a manageable state. A really good wank before you leave the house can help too.

Anyway, I don't see why you should not been able to control yourself.
In Germany, where I live, there is a huge bath/sauna culture, gender mixed and no textiles allowed. I never ever saw a guy with an erection there. And there are plenty of beautiful naked bodies around, for all tastes.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been using communal showers most days, in several countries, for over fifty years. No one has ever made an inkind comment about my body. Not once! There have been a few uncomfortable gawking behaviors by others, but only a handfu. In my opinion, guys worry way too much about what should be a pleasant and relaxing situation.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Only way for you, and your body, to get comfortable with using a public shower is by using one on a regular basis.
If getting an erection is what worries you the most about this whole situation, you can, like you yourself suggested, maybe masturbate before going, to take some pressure off.

If, despite all precautions, you were to start getting an erection, personally I think the best thing you can do is address it yourself by turning it into a bit of a joke by saying something like "sorry fellas, he's got a life of his own". This way you're taking the edge of a situation which can get awkward if others notice your erection and then either pretend they didn't notice, or calling you out about it.