Communal shower advice

BCH

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I might get chubbed up but never get rock hard. I have come to like myself with more chub than shrinkage. I walked into the steam room at a Korean spa and this guy was huge...and then later not so much lol I realized that he was just chubbed up and I wasn't. Chubbed can be a good thing lol

melblad74

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't overthink it. Had communal showers since I was in gym classes and two sports in high school. No big deal.
Even had a shower photo shoot when I was in 12th grade with four other guys. No boners - it was just work for all of us.
geez mate id love to see that picture!!

Reactions: kev2001
D

deleted18729481

Thanks both! I did it and it was all fine - started to get a bit of a semi just as I was finishing but made a swift exit at that point! Already looking forward to going next week!
Glad that the habituation is already working for you. I think that's the key to it: using the showers regularly until the experience becomes banal and you stop thinking about your cock.

Personally, even though I'm gay and therefore am obviously attracted to male bodies, I've never had a serious problem with locker room boners - probably because I'm of a vintage where guys were expected to use communal facilities from a fairly young age and therefore had no choice but to get used to it quickly - but I think what happens with guys who do struggle with inappropriate erections is that they get stuck in a doom loop of anxiety. They think they're going to get hard, it starts happening, and then next time they're even more worried and it's more likely to happen again. The only way to break that cycle is to be brave, use the facilities anyway, but go in with coping mechanisms so you feel safer doing it - maybe if there's a shower head nearest the towel hooks that you can occupy, or thinking about some particularly dull problem you're trying to solve at work so as to take your mind off what's going on down there - and then wean yourself off them over time. Once the association between being exposed in the locker room and getting an erection starts to break down, then you'll find it progressively easier to go au naturel, until you no longer think about it and the problem is gone.

Of course, throughout our lives, but especially when we're younger, dicks can have a mind of their own and things may occasionally go wrong and you will get hard. I think what you do about that depends on the exact circumstances, but the thing to remember in that case is that erections are a common and ordinary part of a man's life and, so long as you don't go out of your way to be offensive in how you respond to yours (e.g. by wanking,) then it's really nobody else's business, even if you are embarrassed. I can only remember properly boning in an open shower once in my adult life: I would've been about 25, I was having a relaxing soak after a morning workout which felt really good to begin with, I *may* then have started thinking about what I had been up to the night before, and I was rock hard in seconds. It showed a disinterest in coming back down, and inevitably I was at the far end of the shower room, so I could do nothing but cover my manhood as best I could and simply walk out to get my towel.

The walk of shame was over in seconds and, although I think it likely one or two other men saw what I was doing, nobody said anything. No big deal.

melblad74

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
m
Ah glad it went well. I've often caught a semi in the shower. It is what it is. Seen plenty of others in the same situation and one or two full blown erections. Happens to us all right.
any years ago I used to go to the local fitness centre near me (adelaide australia)- it was guys only 3 nights a week - this meant that the change rooms, open /communal showers spa & sauna were only used by guys & most didnt bother wearing bathing suits - for a gay guy who grew up with some body insecurities it was a huge challenge for me to disrobe & wander naked around & be with other naked guys in the showers, spa, sauna etc - one thing that did help was that we got to know each other & usually by the end of a gym session we were stuffed & all looking forward to a hot shower....

Obviously it was hard not to check out the other guys & we had some football players who used to go to the gym & they were super confident wandering around & chatting naked....

occasionally one of the guys had a bit of a tug in the shower & there was an occasional bit of extra soaping up (all of which i was very happy to observe)

but the upshot of this was that it was a comfortable community of guys of all shapes & sizes with all shapes & sizes of cocks .... wish there was more like this now...

D

deleted18729481

but the upshot of this was that it was a comfortable community of guys of all shapes & sizes with all shapes & sizes of cocks .... wish there was more like this now...
Yeah, being naked with other men regularly in these kinds of situations - just changing and showering after gym or sports - is great for body confidence. There'd be a lot less guys with anxieties about their cock size and other body image hang-ups if more men did this. I use communal showers regularly and neither I nor any of the other men who do so hides in corners, towel dances, slinks off home sweaty after a workout or any of these other kinds of nonsense. It's healthy, honest and makes me feel relaxed and really comfortable in my own skin.

steamyman

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
open showers are just the best - I wish more places had them. While it might be nerve wracking for some, it does help with body confidence no matter what you look like. I have mates who are rippled muscle guys who will not use them and others who are very overweight and do not care and strip off at them without a second thought. I've been to them with long time mates over the years where it was the first time we'd ever seen each other fully nude. Odd at first and then it's no big deal and it was something we looked forward to as well - a bit of naked male bonding is a good thing.

And like others said, it seems the rugby culture is far more at ease with group nudity amongst men than say football/soccer. Maybe it's down to the various body shapes? you get more of a variety than in soccer. How many soccer teams to nude calendars - not many, but rugby teams? Loads do - both gay and straight rugby clubs do them every year.

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My first experience with communal showers was scout camp when I was 11. Since I had no brothers, I had zero experience nude with others, and the prospect of a communal shower terrified me.

Our Scoutmaster was a retired Marine, and made the whole troop take showers daily. He did allow swimsuits though, and everybody in my troop wore a swimsuit. Nobody wanted to be the only guy nude. I often think that I would have been better off if he had made us shower nude. By the end of the week I bet we all would have been over it, and actually enjoyed the group experience. Then I would not have feared PE and team sports later.

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh, reading another thread, I remembered something else I did in my 20s when I actually started using communal showers regularly that helped me a lot. After my workout, I'd spend time in the sauna. My main sauna motivation was to get so sweaty and gross, that I didn't want to stink up my car, I had to shower, no matter how scared I was.

I found that the sauna helped relax my muscles post workout, so I kept the sauna in my gym routine, even after I was used to the showers.

ticano

Experimental Member
Media
Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey I'm use to using communal shower I just walk to my locker strip naked and walk to the shower everyone at my gym is naked in the locker room the shower area is big and you stay seeing guys with erection I just walk around naked talking to the other guys I know they be standing around naked talking the youngsters her have no problem walking around naked in front of everyone I'm 30 and I do have guys staring when I get a erection

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I find that conversation helps to notmalize nudity...definitely advantage of showering with friends where conversation is already a natural part of interaction. On the one hand, means that you end up facing each other much more to make normal eye contact, but it just makes everything more relaxing

Luvcutdick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi all, am new here but so glad I found this site as so many likeminded people already!

I have an urgent issue I would love some tips on.

I started playing rugby last week, and the showers are completely open. Last week I was invited to shower but declined as I was so worried I would get a hard on. I find being naked around other men really liberating but my penis seems to think it should celebrate by stiffening up!

Tonight I'm going again, and would love to shower - just strip down and get clean like one of the guys. But I am so worried again incase I get hard.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for this? I was going to have a tactical wank just before I go, but I don't know if that will help much. I really want to do this and just be comfy being naked around others without worrying about my dick embarrassing me!

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

I have seen a lot of other discussion on LPSG about this topic. Having a "hard on", I feel, is not a big deal. I never had that issue, but have seen it over many years. Nice to see actually, but keep that on the down low.

Daddybulls

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gym guy here bif time , totally naked in showers and locker area, have no issues waking naked , have never stoked at the gym ,. I have gotten many semis , specially after a nice workout, all the blood pumping, i usually shaved nude by the mirror and sink then I go dress