Communal showers

I love this picture! A good looking young confident guy after using a Bradley Shower pole, and not afraid to let his chub show. No silly towel dances after showering.
tumblr_o8m1cbwr541thp15zo1_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know what show this is from, but I like the positive message it sends about guys using the communal shower. He's young and good looking with a great physiques, and is not at all embarrassed to be showering naked in front of the other men (clothed and not clothed). When he's asked to cover up, he refuses and points out the absurdity of the request. The fact that it played on abc family (I don't know the show) will hopefully start to normalize communal showers with the younger generation again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted15807

It is all adopted behavior from his peers in high school.

The abandonment of compulsory showers in high school are to blame. We had mandatory gym class and afterwards mandatory showers. This generation does not have the later and consequently grow up without knowing it's normal to shower in an open environment.

A generation ago, when most schools mandated showers, a teacher would typically monitor students and hand out towels, making sure that proper hygiene was observed. In schools with pools, students were sometimes required to swim naked, and teachers would conduct inspections for cleanliness that schools today would not dare allow, whether because of greater respect for children or greater fear of lawsuits.

The antipathy to taking showers after gym class puzzles some teachers and coaches. "These guys don't want to undress in front of each other," said John Wrenn, a teacher at Homewood-Flossmoor High School in suburban Chicago, who can scarcely conceal his contempt for the new sensibilities. "I just don't get it. When I started in '74, nobody even thought about things like this. The whole thing is just hard for me to accept."

Students Still Sweat, They Just Don't Shower

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love showering in open showers with other guys. We usually have some good conversations while showering. Sure everbody sees everybody else's cock but so what? We know we all have a cock and we all know we use them to fuck. that's why we were created. There is no reason to feel uncomfortable.

This is what the shower room at my university athletic centre looks like now. Before 2005, it was all Bradley shower poles. After that, they added the stalls around the perimeter and only kept 3 of the Bradleys. The interesting thing is that most guys still use the Bradleys over the stalls when I'm in there. They are opening a new athletic centre in September, so it will be interesting to see what the shower room set-up will be like. I hope they go back to the way things were before 2005 with just Bradley shower poles. The stalls are dirty, cramped, and usually don't work well.

tumblr_o63hi1dfK21txny1lo1_1280.jpg

orangeC

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is what the shower room at my university athletic centre looks like now. Before 2005, it was all Bradley shower poles. After that, they added the stalls around the perimeter and only kept 3 of the Bradleys. The interesting thing is that most guys still use the Bradleys over the stalls when I'm in there. They are opening a new athletic centre in September, so it will be interesting to see what the shower room set-up will be like. I hope they go back to the way things were before 2005 with just Bradley shower poles. The stalls are dirty, cramped, and usually don't work well.

tumblr_o63hi1dfK21txny1lo1_1280.jpg
That is a really strange shower room with stalls and open showers. I do like the shower poles. I'm used to those

Lionsden49

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They are and it sucks. It seems like the open showers are on the way out unfortunately.

Everyone is a prude nowadays. :rolleyes:
I remember that this whole nudity thing began during the advent of the AIDS crisis during the mid 80's and early 90's. That's when the barricades went up around the urinals and the showers and their use changed. The gyms began to have more guys that I call the "sweat and go" men. They would rather use their showers at home.
Sadly, lots of men consider being nude with a bunch of other men on the cusp of gayness. This was also in the time frame that Millenials were born and were indoctrinated by their parents that is was better to keep your wee-wee out of sight lest a gay man come at you.
I am a product of the 60's where nudity wasn't much of a consideration and I still live like that. I have nothing dynamic to put on display, but I do think there is nothing wrong with being naked among my fellow-men whatever sexual path they have chosen.

Reactions: AG08 and AlphaMale

Clamster

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Totally agree with Lions den on this one-the dynamic in showers / changing rooms has changed. I was in school and college in the 60 s. There was never any issue about nudity as a general rule. When I go now to a leisure centre to play badminton it is generally only the older guys who shower in the nude . Younger users make extensive efforts to avoid nudity. Strange really when you think of how 'sexually liberated' society is supposed to be. Maybe this is just a UK thing though.

D

deleted15807

Younger users make extensive efforts to avoid nudity. Strange really when you think of how 'sexually liberated' society is supposed to be. Maybe this is just a UK thing though.

Not really. Yesterday here in the US of A I saw a guy really struggling to hold up the towel around his waist while gingerly pulling off his gym shorts underneath. Without the towel dance he would have been done in 5 seconds but with the towel dance it took around 30. Unreal. If you're so uncomfortable why not just go home?

Reactions: abattist

seanseattle

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love this picture! A good looking young confident guy after using a Bradley Shower pole, and not afraid to let his chub show. No silly towel dances after showering.
View attachment 503266
This was our set up in HS. A room full of Bradley poles. I loved it. Best for talking and socializing. No back turning possible.

Reactions: AG08

Lionsden49

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Totally agree with Lions den on this one-the dynamic in showers / changing rooms has changed. I was in school and college in the 60 s. There was never any issue about nudity as a general rule. When I go now to a leisure centre to play badminton it is generally only the older guys who shower in the nude . Younger users make extensive efforts to avoid nudity. Strange really when you think of how 'sexually liberated' society is supposed to be. Maybe this is just a UK thing though.
I was very surprised to hear that this silliness was going on in the UK, as well. That "towel dance" is a lot more embarrassing than being overweight, or having a small penis. If they knew how they looked !

Reactions: AG08

Clamster

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Like that Towel Dance thing! So so true though. I did think that maybe this silliness was a UK behaviour thing. I do know that in Denmark and Holland guys are still the same as the old days generally and do not care even to the point if they start to get hard.

Reactions: cock30

That is a really strange shower room with stalls and open showers. I do like the shower poles. I'm used to those
I agree. I hate this setup. It was totally unnecessary. Hopefully things will go back to the way they were with the new athletic centre.

orangeC

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I agree. I hate this setup. It was totally unnecessary. Hopefully things will go back to the way they were with the new athletic centre.
It can hold a lot more guys with just the pole showers. Plus it has to be easier for the staff to clean at the end of the day