Communal showers

It can hold a lot more guys with just the pole showers. Plus it has to be easier for the staff to clean at the end of the day

Absolutely. There used to be 7 poles with 6 heads each which meant 42 guys could shower at the same time. With the 3 poles, and 10 stalls now, it can only accommodate 28 guys. The crazy thing is that the student population has more than doubled since the new design went in. More students, but fewer showers. Crazy! The stalls are always mouldy, rusty and dirty. This was never an issue with the old design. This was probably done to pacify a few whiny pussies that couldn't get over themselves and man up.

I remember a couple of years ago all of the stalls were closed for repairs. Only the three poles were working at the time, so I figured that not many guys would use the showers. Was I ever wrong! Guys continued to use the poles without any issues whatsoever. In fact, the poles were completely occupied. Many times when I've been in there the poles would fill up first and stalls would be empty. I heard lots of young guys complaining that they had to use stall because there weren't any spots available at the poles. They wanted to continue their conversations with their buddies without any dividers between them. This does give me hope for the future. I remember a couple of years ago talking to the athletic centre manager about the new facility currently being built. He told me that they would have to have an open shower in the new facility because of the sheer number of guys. I really hope this is true because I want to quit my YMCA, and return to work out at the athletic center. It is much more convenient for me, and the facilities will be brand-new.

"They wanted to continue their conversations with their buddies without any dividers between them." That is what makes pole showers fun

You wouldn't believe how many guys I have struck up conversations with while buck ass naked in the communal shower. The same at my Y which has a communal shower with shower heads mounted on the wall.

Reactions: wrestlecoach

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I enjoyed reading this article - humorous and truthful.

There is one quote that rings in my ear: "That’s it, I guess. I don’t want to be like those old guys."

Yes, body image problems exist. Yes, involuntary boner issues exist. I can remember those same fears back in my junior high school days with mandatory showers after gym class. Those concerns have always been present, but what is different now is peer pressure. In times past, peer pressure forced you to confront your fears and join in the communal shower. Nowadays, peer pressure is driving the opposite behavior with extreme modesty in the locker room.

These millennial wimps will be oldsters soon enough. Then, a future generation will hopefully decide they don't want to be like the old guys with their ridiculous towel dance and showering while wearing underwear.

zpld47g

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can see how this is going to play out.

We all grew up with urinals without dividers..and with open showers in gyms / schools. Now, the building codes require new restrooms to have dividers between urinals. Trough urinals are banned because they use too much water.

Schools are ripping out open showers. Gyms are putting in stalls.

In a few more years, if a milllenial walks into an old school mens room with no dividers between urinals they will think it is weird and refuse to use them...even though men have used urinals without dividers for ages.

It's funny (and sad) how times change.

My freshmen year of college, we had bathrooms with showers in a large shower room with small stalls yet no curtains. Everyone saw everything. One day, during a floor meeting, one guy asked if we could get shower curtains because he was "shy." He literally got taunted by everyone on the floor and was told to "be a man" and just get naked already.

Today...the millennials would think just the opposite.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
We all grew up with urinals without dividers..and with open showers in gyms / schools. Now, the building codes require new restrooms to have dividers between urinals.

In the U.S., possibly. In the U.K. the reverse applies. It was traditional to provide dividers between individual urinals until around the turn of the century. Since then it has become pretty standard not to, presumably as a cost saving.

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to go to a mostly gay gym which is no more. Communal showers and very very friendly jacuzzi and sauna. One time in the showers a young blond GOD wtih a killer body and huge cock was shaving his bubble butt in the shower. He reached down, grabbed his ankles, looked up at me and asked if he got it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Exploration in the jacuzzi revealed how smooth it really was.

elixer26

Cherished Member
Media
I use the Bradley pole thing at the gym weekly. Communal showers are mostly in older building or colleges. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 guys showering at once, in an open shower area. Disconcerting much? I still think that guys have the "size complex" and are terrified to be the 'smallest dick' in the showers. Some guys are just insecure about their bodies. Or it could be cultural. I noticed Arabic and Indian guys seem to cover their dicks as much as possible when pissing. As if it's shamed in the culture to show dick in public. I don't judge anybody's culture. I shower nude and I cover my dick if someone else is around. I never show the full meal unless... but anyway. To each their own. Some ppl are comfortable with nudity. I find alot of guys to have that kindergarten mentality and Jr. High way of thinking of 'penis! eww! naked guys! Uh uh , I'm not showering naked!
Some people grow up and some never will. Life.

Reactions: effedi7 and orangeC

Jonlovesjizz

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
when I was a teenager, id go to my local swimming pool every Saturday afternoon, it had open changing rooms and communal showers, the showers had no curtains, you stood next to other guys, id always get hard when seeing all the various stages and types of dicks. on one occasion I was so horny I had to visit the toilet and wack off, I blew my load on the stall door and floor. oh memories.

Reactions: orangeC

The gym I go to here in Nairobi gas open showers...it's a fairly small gym so there are only three showers in a line, nothing fancy.

I can't reallyy understand the requirement these days for most places to have private shower stalls. Throughout my young life open showers gave been the norm and everyone just gets on with it. Sure, I've popped a semi once in a while and have seen the same happening to other guys once in a while, but we're all men and we all know that it happens to the best of us, so it's simply not a big deal.

The need for so much privacy frankly seems like an expensive and unnecessary measure. That's just my personal opinion however.

Banadan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I went to a festival that had shared showers, saw some extremely big flaccid guys there, saw a few hard ones too but mine grows about 3 times my flaccid size when erect so I turned a few heads when I got hard

Reactions: orangeC

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I want to add a couple things to this thread.
First, there are possible a lot of things I might want to change if I had to grow up and go through puberty again, but eliminating the time I spent with my friends, teammates and even opponents in the communal showers isnt' anywhere on the list.

I think it is a travesty for those who grow up not part of a team that showers together, since a team is about the only ones who still do shower together, not like we did even for phys ed.

This developes a self confidence that nothing else can do. It teaches bonding, it teaches trust, it teaches relaxation.

Did you know that fights among teammates are higher in teams that don't shower together?
Illness is higher, skin diseases are higher, missed school is higher.

wrestlecoach

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Our new crop of freshmen were all on campus today. I saw a few of them peaking into our shower room. I caught an excited glance among a few who were there with others from their same high school and a caught a few nervous stares at the room of 4 Bradley poles that cleanses from 20 to 30 studs at a time during season.
Actually a couple of them I am not sure if they were more nervous seeing the showers or when I was talking about the fact we recommended they wear a jockstrap...........which I know some of them have never even seen before today.

After the locker room tour I ask the question "If we were to expand the locker room and showers would you guys prefer some private shower options?
I was a bit surprised but the answer was a unanimous no to private showers.
Several of them had come up with the idea of using what we call our drip and dry area as an additional shower area but do it by covering the ceiling in those rain type shower heads. One guy said he had one at home that was over a foot square in size and they suggested we put them in 4 or 6 clusters of 4 to make areas 2 or 3 guys could stand under at a time as a relaxing end to a hard workout.
One guy told me later "Coach, I may be weird but the time in the showers with my teammates is something I look forward to every time."
I just said "son, its not as weird as you think."

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
...they have a steam room just for dudes and everyone goes in naked and sits on a towel...

This is how every sauna I've ever been in operates, too. I usually shower after sauna, but others shower before.

Alex_87

Sexy Member
Media
my gym has stalls but i sometimes go to the local community college because they have a nice pool to swim in at the gym. the men's locker room is all open poles with multiple heads streaming off. lots of mutual male nudity.
Nice man, which college is this? I am looking for a college to study with open shower to make me feel comfortable before I join the army.