Communism kicks in....

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
asian_zd - I do not want to carry on this conversation in PM - if you want to talk about this your thread is a perfect acceptable place to do so. That's why you posted it, isn't it?

The Chinese government's feat of blocking youtube content that you seem so impressed by is a nothing, technically speaking. What is it that you are celebrating here?

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
asian_zd - I do not want to carry on this conversation in PM - if you want to talk about this your thread is a perfect acceptable place to do so. That's why you posted it, isn't it?

The Chinese government's feat of blocking youtube content that you seem so impressed by is a nothing, technically speaking. What is it that you are celebrating here?

Nothing? Oh ya true, worldwide successful sites are being blocked by countries all over the globe.

Read my longass post. All the answers you seek are in there.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Oh, yes! The Chinese government!

That's the government that Amnesty International has accused of serious human rights abuses!

Oh, and that's the government that lied about the true ages of several female chinese gymnasts during the Olympics (the government issued assurances that the gymnasts were all at least 16 years old, the minimum age of eligibility for competition. Yet Jiang Yuyuan, Yang Yilin and He Kexin all turned out to be between 12 and 14 years old) .

Oh yes! China is the place where I get all my leaded toxic toys from!

Last edited:

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, yes! The Chinese government!

That's the government that Amnesty International has accused of serious human rights abuses!

Oh, and that's the government that lied and about the true ages of several female chinese gymnasts during the Olympics (the government issued assurances that the gymnasts were all at least 16 years old, the minimum age of eligibility for competition. Yet Jiang Yuyuan, Yang Yilin and He Kexin all turned out to be between 12 and 14 years old) .

LMAO isnt some ex-leader being accused by their own government of being a hypocrite by applying the same inhuman treatment (water torture) to their prisoner which they strongly against?

oh no we lied about our athletes age and won a couple of golds from the U.S. and now they are PISSED. even if we are helping our ppl now, when the whole world is in a crisis, by spending trillions and trillions of money on millions and millions of jobs. BUT fuck that shit! we lied about our age! damn us to hell!

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, nothing. Just because other countries do not block content from youtube it does not mean they cannot.

Technically there is nothing big or clever about filtering content. I have control of all the PC's in my house and I can filter what content from the web can be accessed from them. China has control over the internet access of its people and therefore it can filter the content. Is that what you are celebrating - your parents' country's government's control of communciations lines? OK - I understand now.

As much as I respect the late George Carlin...Hitler was not exactly elected!

Indeed he was not, he forced himself into the position of Chancellor having lost two public votes, iirc.

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, nothing. Just because other countries do not block content from youtube it does not mean they cannot.

Technically there is nothing big or clever about filtering content. I have control of all the PC's in my house and I can filter what content from the web can be accessed from them. China has control over the internet access of its people and therefore it can filter the content. Is that what you are celebrating - your parents' country's government's control of communciations lines? OK - I understand now.

Indeed he was not, he forced himself into the position of Chancellor having lost two public votes, iirc.
That's my point, it's alot easier to get things done when you do indeed own everything in your house. If you feel it is necessary then you can do it in a heartbeat. and just what type of country can block an international site for only its people? um.....Communist Country?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
That's my point, it's alot easier to get things done when you do indeed own everything in your house. If you feel it is necessary then you can do it in a heartbeat. and just what type of country can block an international site for only its people? um.....Communist Country?

Yes, I believe I understand what you are saying - you think that level of control is a good thing - many others do not - but, from where you are sitting, you are 100% free to think (and act) however you see fit. :smile:

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes! China!

Home of the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall and kung pao chicken and.... theTiananmen Square protests of 1989.
right.....i really dont want to do the research and name shits that happened in US in the past hundred years um..i donno off the top of my head

KKK- blacks
Religion - other religion, gays, les, poor women who made one mistake and seeks abortion
George Bush - other brown countries

just off the top of my head

pym

Just Browsing
Media
right.....i really dont want to do the research and name shits that happened in US in the past hundred years um..i donno off the top of my head

KKK- blacks
Religion - other religion, gays, les, poor women who made one mistake and seeks abortion
George Bush - other brown countries

just off the top of my head

"All of your Yankee freedoms are belongs to me!"

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
asian zd:

you have the gall to mention "gays" as a problem for the U.S. - compared to China?

Today, my own California Supreme Court is hearing arguments challenging Proposition 8. These are the same justices that said gays had a constitutional right to marriage last year.

It's likely they will find the voter-approved ban on gay marriage to be illegal (we'll find out in 90 days).

Please, tell me what your country is doing in the area of gay marriage....

Last edited:

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
asian zd:

you have the gall to mention "gays" as a problem for the U.S. - compared to China?

Today, my own California Supreme Court is hearing arguments challenging Proposition 8. These are the same justices that said gays had a constitutional right to marriage last year.

It's likely they will find the voter-approved ban on gay marriage to be illegal (we'll find out in 90 days).

Please, tell me what you're country is doing in the area of gay marriage....
duuuuuuuuude you are missing my point! think it through why i brought all those things in contrast to the first two posts you ve made.

plus u cant be seriously satisfied with the HEARING ARGUMENTS after hundreds of years of diminishing gay people's rights and freedom and even murders of gays through Religion

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Whatever, asian zd, I'm through with this thread.

You're sitting comfortably typing up your little posts defending China while IN CANADA.

By the way, you can have gay sex and protest the government there in Canada without being thrown in jail.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
China is just sooooo fucking huge and complex, I can't even wrap my mind around it. I do recall how in the North Korean war Chinese soldiers poured over the border and the U.N. forces were routed and subsequently forced to make history's longest retreat. the Chinese soldiers had these awesome quilted Winter uniforms that kept them cozy and warm while our soldiers were cold as HELL trying to eat their rations while it froze before their eyes. They kicked our asses all the way back beyond the 38th parallel and defeated our 6th army! :eek:

They scare the absolute shit out of me. That said, their contributions of Ch'an Buddhism, Confucionism and the Tao to makind is too large to be even quantified.

Fucking control freaks though.

B_asian_zd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
China is just sooooo fucking huge and complex, I can't even wrap my mind around it. I do recall how in the North Korean war Chinese soldiers poured over the border and the U.N. forces were routed and subsequently forced to make history's longest retreat. the Chinese soldiers had these awesome quilted Winter uniforms that kept them cozy and warm while our soldiers were cold as HELL trying to eat their rations while it froze before their eyes. They kicked our asses all the way back beyond the 38th parallel and defeated our 6th army! :eek:

They scare the absolute shit out of me. That said, their contributions of Ch'an Buddhism, Confucionism and the Tao to makind is too large to be even quantified.

Fucking control freaks though.
wow i really appreciate it for NOT attacking my country! haha thank you! I shared a news that many people might not know along with my perspective on it and now those ppl are on me like I'm a free hooker.

They have learned a thing of two about China through the MEDIA in OTHER COUNTRIES and now they are coming on like they are the fucking mayor's wife. (GC)

no wonder religion got so big
"oh shit they did what? AND there is a book!? FUCK THAT IT MUST BE TRUE!"

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
asian_zd - I'm serious dude - quit PMing me. I appreciate it was a pleasantly toned PM but the discussion can stay in the thread. I was never arguing with you - I was seeking to understand what you were celebrating. I understand now.

That's all.

Thank you! Drive through - have a nice day :drive: :smile:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
wow i really appreciate it for NOT attacking my country! haha thank you! I only made a comment which took me by surprise and those ppl are on me like free hookers.

I don't believe anyone is actually attacking your country, rather criticising it.

No country is perfect, but China presently has a comprehensive list of Human rights abuses. Your highlighting of more censorship from your government, obviously will cause some heated reaction.

Human Rights in the People's Republic.

As for your argument on gay rights, the western world is way ahead of China there....in my country (Great Britain), we can marry, adopt children, have equal age of consensual sex....we have total equality. If you compare American gay rights, compared to the Chinese, American gays live in an age of enlightenment!

You have had impact culturally, but imagine what your country could achieve with democracy. Just look at my country, a 20th of the size of yours in population, yet culturally we have had (as a much smaller nation) as big an impact, if not much bigger, in recent centuries. Not to mention America, again a much larger cultural impact that has flourished under an evolving democracy in recent centuries.

Many Chinese, in my experience, are adept at 'bigging' themselves up, bragging at the greatness of their country.....if this state of affairs is something to brag about then so be it, you are more than welcome to it..........I for one much prefer freedom of expression, freedom of speech, freedom to vote democratically, legal protection for children, religious freedom....etc, etc, etc. etc.........