Compact Fluorescent Lamps

Craven Moorehead

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have any of you noticed a slight yellowish-greenish tint to your skin when illuminated by certain types of compact fluorescent lamps?

I'm pale and range from light beige to light pink in anything from ordinary incandescent lighting to older fluorescent tubes to sunlight, but the CFL's I have in my bathroom give me a hint of green and the effect is most pronounced on my penile shaft skin.

Now, it's not all CFL's and I'm not talking green like the Incredible Hulk- it's just a subtle thing I've noticed and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yup noticed that before as well. pale skinned too, but hopefully this summer I can get a nice healthy tan going

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its because differnt CFLs put out different spectrums of light. some are "soft white" and "warm white", which put off a reddish light. "daylight" put off light more in the whiteish blue spectrum, and "cool white" also puts off light from the blue spectrum

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
thanks for the science lesson lucky8......didn't even think about the whole light spectrum thing. you've enlightened me hehe....just realised I made a pun lol

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
lmao! awesome man! well I have learned my one thing for the day thanks to you.....lol another bit of somewhat useless info to cram in my cramped brain lol