Competitive Swimmers?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by bthegreat, May 25, 2010.

1. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Are there any competitive swimmers here?

2. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    i'm not, but my sperm are

3. D_Randy_Cox

D_Randy_Cox New Member

not any more... 30 years ago, but yes there are a few on here

4. tamuning

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL too funny!

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Yeah? So how come I'm still not pregnant?

#5 B_Nick8, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  6. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ".....Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase. ..."

7. dammitbobby

dammitbobby New Member

way to hijack the thread :lol: btw op is sexy as hell!

8. bwcurved

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LOL @ thadjock!

Yeah I was up until about 10 years ago.

9. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

best reply I've read in a long while. :wavey:

10. saturnine

saturnine New Member

Albums:
    What does this have to do with underwear and clothing?

11. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Well I wanted to know because I have to shave and I want to know how much. :(

12. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

Yes, me. I started competing when I was 8, and now, as a 40-something, still train 7 days a week and swim in U.S. Masters pool and open water competition.

You don't have to shave at all. I shave my chest, cock and balls, and there are a number of reasons for that, some swimming-related and some not. Some swimmers do shave down completely, and this one freak I saw even shaved the hair off his head and his eyebrows off. It's really about personal preference in regards to appearance and how you feel the water as you pass through it, though. It's not going to make a material difference in your times.

A lot of the reasons for shaving down are just gone. For swimmers who wear Speedo-style briefs, trimming up the pubic area is a good idea, just it looks nasty to have a bunch of hair sticking out from under the suit. So many of the guys wear jammer-style suits now, though, it's not that much of an issue anymore. The fuller body-style suits did away with the need to shave for streamlining reasons, though it'll be interesting to see what happens now that they're illegal in most competition. Some guys kept shaving down anyway, just to make it easier and less painful to get in and out of those tight suits, so it wouldn't pull at their body hair.

#12 D_Alec_Baldtwins, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  13. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Thanks.

Some of the guys on the team are spotless and I guess that's the way it suppose to be because for a week now I've done the jammers and they are hard to put on and take off because of he body hair. I don't know how weird it would be to ask one of them to give me shaving tips so it'll be easy to wear the jammers but I want to wear the briefs anyway.

14. D_Alec_Baldtwins

Nothing to it. Do the initial trim with a trimmer, or the beard trimmer on an electric razor - take the really long hair down to a stubble. Then, get in the shower, apply a good shave foam, and using a regular razor, shave yourself smooth. You don't have to start with an trimmer, it just makes it easier - you won't clog the shaver so much, and it'll go faster.

Some guys say they can do the whole thing with an electric razor. I've never been able to do that, but you can try.

15. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Thanks man, how often do you shave? I'm thinking once a week but i don't know.

16. D_Alec_Baldtwins

Most welcome. I usually shave down twice a week, but sometimes it drops to once if I'm short on time. I wouldn't go less than once a week.

17. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Is there a special razor that you use, any technique?

18. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
    I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 5 to about age 22. It wasn't until high school that the shaving thing came up. Mostly, a swimmer only shaves down for the two biggest meets of their season... once for the high school season and once for the amature season... or whatever your schedule is. Shaving isn't just about lessening resistance. If you don't shave through the whole season and then shave your entire body for the big meet, you get a huge psychological effect because your body slides through the water like a knife (or so it feels). You feel faster, so you are faster.
    Our entire guys swim team would go down into the pump room in our speedos and the coach would clipper us down... Yes, it was uncomfortably hot... that night we would go home and we would shave our bodies as best we could with a razor. you skip the arm pits and anything in your suit. One guy shaved his arm pits one year and found out why you don't want to do that unless you are going to do it everyday of your life. His arm pits were lke hamburger by the end of the first day... a lesson in how hair helps us. Sometimes the day of the meet you would need to get a friend to help you get an area that you couldn't reach.
    Once at an away meet on the road when I was about 15, we all clippered down and then had a shaving party in our hotel room. I always wonder what the maids must have thought when they found a bunch of sheets with hair and baby oil and blood and shaving cream everywhere.
    Another of the posters is right though... there really isn't a need for it wth the new suits. I hate those things from a crotch watchers point of view, but i guess they do cut resistance. And lets remember, Mark Spitz won 7 gold medals with 7 world records with a full head of hair, a mustache and a beautifully hairy body.

19. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

seems you need the next larger size. I've not had that problem unless they are too small. I still feel the regular speedos are the better choice.

20. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    it shows, great bod

Draft saved Draft deleted