compression shorts

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by injoyinit, Nov 10, 2011.

1. injoyinit

injoyinit Member

What exactly is the purpose of compression shorts over regular briefs, or even a jockstrap? Compression shorts seem to provide just as much support for the male parts as any of the alternatives, but they have more fabric down the legs. Are they to keep one's legs warmer in colder weather? Or just as an additional modesty covering to the leg when wearing shorter running shorts and the athlete doesn't want loose shorts flopping around their legs? I was thinking at one time they are to prevent thighs from rubbing together, but i see guys with skinny legs wearing them too.

2. bookersnooker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    its modesty coupled with chaffing suppression? I think suppression is the word I was looking for.

Also you basically dont want to be wearing cotton anything during physical activity where you are gonna sweat a lot.

3. spike

spike Member

Albums:
    They also keep your upper leg muscles warm if you are doing an activity that requires you to start and stop a bunch (like soccer)

4. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

support, protection from chaffing, no straps (versus a jock), natural feeling

5. prince albert dong

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think they are to provide more coverage.
    I think the suck. I dislike the tightness around my leggs. Or maybe I never tried the right kind.

6. jockbear

jockbear Member

They provide good support for my muscles but they smash my junk down which is uncomfortable. I like to wear a jock with the compression shorts.

Draft saved Draft deleted