Conan or Leno

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Deno, Jan 13, 2010.

?

who should get the 11:35 late night spot on NBC

Poll closed Jan 23, 2010.
  1. Conan

78 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. Leno

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tv guides poll for this subject has Conan 83 Leno 17 what is LPSG's opinion.

2. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

It's Leno's fault for Conan's ratings being down. He had his ride and should step down already.

3. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

I was a huge Conan fan during his early years but disappointed that he didn't mature up his style when he got the TN Show.

4. Daxe

Daxe Member

Leno should have not gone on to Prime time. Yes Conan gets half the ratings that Letterman gets but on Thursday nights Leno gets killed by CBS with 17 million viewers to his 2 or 3 million.(at best). Is the Mentalist that good or does J suck?

5. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Mentalist? I like the show and think Simon Baker is the shit.

6. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    Conan 100%. I loved the Tonight Show w/Jay Leno, but when Jay moved to prime time, he shot himself in the foot. Conan has really gotten the raw end of the deal throughout all of this. I loved him when he was on after Jay, and he's good on Tonight Show (but still needs a bit more maturing). Love you Jay, but I think its time you moved on with your career elsewhere.

7. Mickactual

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bring back Johnny.
    :biggrin1:

8. joe531

joe531 Active Member

Albums:
    I never really thought Conan was funny and I've always watched Jay instead but in this case, Conan deserves that spot. If I were him, I'd just find a more dependable and competent network.

9. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jay has screwed it all up. He looks like he is sitting on the set of someone else's show. Not very good. He needs to retire. I think he has killed the lead into Conan and I don't blame that guy for being pissed

10. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I watched Conan when he started at the late show. he was a newbie, and same age as me, so it was sort fo cool seeing him get into his new job and fake being conservative and offended by comments about sex etc (he was a writer for SNL, so such comments should have never shocked him).

Conan is sexier than Leno.

I stopped watching these shows about the time he got famous (not because I didn't like it, just my life priorities changes) and haven't gone back since.

Conan is younger and can last longer (on the show). Leno will want to retire soon. I think NBC should have kept Leno until he was really ready to retire and then replace with Conan.

Perhaps they could do one week with Conan, one week with Leno ( or alternate days).
    This would then please everyone !

11. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

sex 50% sleep 50%. NCB fucked themselves when they dumped Southland. Both Leno and O'Brian suck.

12. ohioriver

ohioriver Member

Vote for Leno... Leno didn't want to give up the Tonight Show. It was just a bonehead decision by NBC five years ago, thinking Conan would bring a younger audience. Well, now Conan is 5 years older and all the ratings say his young audience is the same as Leno, plus Conan doesn't bring as diverse an audience while Leno attracts more of the general public. Conan's ratings have sunk the Tonight Show to its lowest ever, so it's obvious the audience has made the decision. If Conan had good ratings then NBC would have no reason to want to put Leno in late night, even with the cancellation of the Jay Leno primetime show. But Letterman has been killing Conan in the ratings after Leno had beat Letterman for the last few years. Letterman, in fact, is dominating the time period. No wonder Letterman would prefer to compete against Conan because he's lesser competition. I have no problem with Conan, but he's an acquired taste and not someone to attract the masses. Bad idea by NBC, the network that has made many bad decisions in the last 10 years...

13. B_doubledouble

B_doubledouble New Member

Conan is better, but they are both terrible :kabong:

14. Todd

Todd Member

Albums:
    Couldn't agree more. Neither are very good to look @, and neither are funny. I was hoping there would be an option to choose Jimmy Fallon, he should get the Tonight Show, and send the other 2 packing.

15. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Leno has more authority when he speaks. he commands more respect. (for instance if he criticises the president in a joke it has more weight than if young conan does it).
    Still think NBC should just split it, even days it is Leno, odd days, it is Conan. The "Tonight Show" would be preserved in terms of time slot and length.

16. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Now that a few people have respond with posts I guess I put in my opinion. I never thought Leno was all that funny. Clearly he is just doing the best he can with what the writers give him. Conan on the other makes it all work, even if the joke is bad he still manages to make a joke of the joke and entertains. His body movements and his hand gestures and facial expressions all go towards his act. He can even make fun of himself. At first I thought bringing back Andy was a terrible idea but it certainly adds more to the show. For a more contemporary show I'd have to say Conan wins. But I'd watch Craig Ferguson if his show was on at the 11:35 time slot.

17. houtx48

Gold Member

they are both not funny but leno is so.

18. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

19. dude252007

dude252007 New Member

Do you all know that Jay is not to blame. Obama's loudest cheer leader is Zucker from NBC and he canceled Jay because he thought Conan was the new wave, the change we all hoped for :) He thought the baby boomers who watch Jay where ready to go to bed early but he was wrong. People still want Jay.

20. maxcok

Gold Member

Letterman, who should have had it in the first place. At triple the salary, 51% stake in the network and free ball waxing, of course. Since he'd no doubt still tell them to go fuck themselves, Craig Ferguson I guess.
    As for the other two, I couldn't give a crap. They both suck donkey ass big time. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted