Votes: 78 74.3%
  • Leno

Votes: 27 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
Do you all know that Jay is not to blame. Obama's loudest cheer leader is Zucker from NBC and he canceled Jay because he thought Conan was the new wave, the change we all hoped for :) He thought the baby boomers who watch Jay where ready to go to bed early but he was wrong. People still want Jay.

Then if people still wanted Jay they would be watching his show instead of changing the channel, which was the problem in the first place. Jay's rating's tanked, which in turn caused the late night news and Conan's ratings to tank.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I vote with the masses on this ! I like both JAY and CONAN equally but like most my sympathy lies with CONAN cause he is being screwed by the dumbasses like ZUCKER and his kind at NBC .
NBC groomed CONAN to take over for LENO when he retired and LENO made a big deal about his retiring from The Tonight Show but then 3 months later came back with a prime time show to dominate the 10PM spot weeknights . Anyone with any intelligence to speak of at all should have known this was doomed.
If LENO has as much class as I have always thought him to have then he will accept his losses and let CONAN have his time in the sun which he more than deserves !

HH

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Conan.

Jay is an annoying pest. I used to enjoy him back when he was a guest on the Late Night with David Letterman show 20-odd years ago. But ever since he got the Tonight Show, he's shown me nada.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Were talking people making 80 million dollars contracts here, I think its worth the banter.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i wish they'd both go away. i mean how many fukin late nite talk shows do we really need. they all get the same guests, they all have a desk and 2 chairs, and a fake picutre of the city behind them, they all do a monologue with the same fukin jokes about the same topics. even when you get to the 12:30 time slot those shows look exactly like the show right before them.

somebody better get a priest, cuz network television needs last rites, even when they do get a good show like southland or friday night lights they fuk it over, give it a shitty time slot, cancel it, and it goes to cable.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your pretty spot on with everything there thad except Jay don't get a desk anymore, at least I noticed last night he did have one when he interviewed Dwayne Johnson.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't watch either show, but I feel bad for Conan for being screwed.

If Leno was smart he would leave NBC, go to Fox and beat them all.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't watch either show, but I feel bad for Conan for being screwed.

If Leno was smart he would leave NBC, go to Fox and beat them all.

Leno is not smart

Leno is not funny

Leno is not worth $500 a year let alone $80mil

he needs to go back to the dirty comedy club he crawled out of......oh wait he bombed there too, never mind

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
conan all the way. i've always liked jay, but after this whole moving back to 11:35pm thing, i'm liking him less and less. it's completely selfish and unfair of him to try and take back the show that he single-handedly passed to conan. hasn't he ever heard of the "no refunds" policy? geez. i don't blame conan for being pissed at the NBC execs, especially because he's been loyal to the network for 17 friggin years! i'd be pissed too if i landed my dream job only, to find out that my bosses are gonna boot me after 7 months of working there.

RedScrotum

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Leno is under contract with NBC. Everyone's blaming him, but he's just doing what he's told. This all started 5 years ago at contract time when Leno accepted a 5 year deal with NBC. NBC didn't want to lose their big ratings guy, so they created a 10 pm show. well that didn't work out so well. He's still under contract and NBC wants him back on late night, where he was their top ratings guy, and they're trying once again to find or make a spot or for him. Everyone's making this way too personal between Jay and Conan. It's a corporate/management decision.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Since we're living "abroad" at the moment The Squeeze has become irritated with my need to watch David Letterman at 10:35 Mon-Fri, on "The American Channel" -- CBS's idea of spreading the luv in Mexico and Central America. So, I'm terribly amused to watch Dave slice and dice NBC execs and Jay regarding this bad programming management.

Never cared for Leno.
Konan has weird hair, so he gets my pity.
Letterman is more my style.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I vote with the masses on this ! I like both JAY and CONAN equally but like most my sympathy lies with CONAN cause he is being screwed by the dumbasses like ZUCKER and his kind at NBC .
NBC groomed CONAN to take over for LENO when he retired and LENO made a big deal about his retiring from The Tonight Show but then 3 months later came back with a prime time show to dominate the 10PM spot weeknights . Anyone with any intelligence to speak of at all should have known this was doomed. . . . HH
(emphasis maxcok)

Anyone with 'intelligence' doesn't give a crap about this, much less obsess over the fine details. :smile:

It must be nice to be omniscient.

I guess that would be nice . . . if I were. (Context, dude)

i wish they'd both go away. i mean how many fukin late nite talk shows do we really need. they all get the same guests, they all have a desk and 2 chairs, and a fake picutre of the city behind them, they all do a monologue with the same fukin jokes about the same topics. even when you get to the 12:30 time slot those shows look exactly like the show right before them. . . .

Word.

who cares, I watch Letterman.

Word again.
And in conclusion:

Letterman, who should have had it in the first place. At triple the salary, 51% stake in the network and free ball waxing, of course. Since he'd no doubt still tell them to go fuck themselves, Craig Ferguson I guess. As for the other two, I couldn't give a crap. They both suck donkey ass big time. :cool:

(Note to self: read thru thread before commenting, esp. when it's only a page and a half. Other note to self: Try to understand context before posting snotty comments.)

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
(emphasis maxcok)

I guess that would be nice . . . if I were. (Context, dude)

Word.

Word again.
And in conclusion:

(Note to self: read thru thread before commenting, esp. when it's only a page and a half. Other note to self: Try to understand context before posting snotty comments.)

Whatever!

It must be nice to think of yourself as so intelligent and witty.