Concierto de Aranjuez

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by morsecode, Oct 7, 2008.

1. morsecode

morsecode New Member

is love...damn, just finished hearing it after such a long time, I'm in love with life again.

2. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Miles Davis cut a version that is on "Sketches Of Spain" with Gil Evans... it is my favorite version of it. It is a redemptive and contemplative piece that is unexpectedly emotional and passionate. Written two years before Ravel's death, it is one of the most recognizable Spanish compositions and cemented Rodrigo's inclusion in the canon of Spain's finest composers. He probably did more for lifting the classical guitar to the orchestral level than any other composer.

The crazy shit is that Joaquin Rodrigo wrote all of his compositions in braille because he was BLIND! :eek:

3. morsecode

morsecode New Member

yeah, he played a version of the Adagio, I was listening to De Lucia's interpretation, awesome feel and emotion.

4. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I presume that this is what you are referring to. It sure is amazing to hear the entire piece and all three movements... the Adagio is ingrained in my head from wearing out the Miles record, but the full piece is KILLER! I'm gonna look for a Segovia version! :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted