Condom Confusion

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by BJT, Jun 5, 2006.

1. BJT

BJT New Member

I have been doing PE for many months now and decided to see how the regular condoms fit. I found they were nearly impossible to get over the head and tight on the shaft. I had talked to this about a LPSG member previously chatting and he sent me some larger condoms. Trojan magnums and lifestyle large. I found that both were still difficult to unroll over the head but were loose on the shaft, almost to loose. Is there anything in between the stardard size and magnum size? I would prefer not to use the TheyFit ones because it would be nice to be able to get them at a store and not have to plan ahead and order them online.

I also found the larger condoms were overly long but I expected that to happen. I haven't measured in a few weeks but I think my midshaft girth is 5" and head girth is 6" or maybe a little more. THanks

2. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    You will find that the Trojan Magnum XL is a bit wider than the regular Magnum. I got by with the Magnum XL until They Fit became available.

As far as I know, there are no over the counter condoms wider than the Magnum XL available in the USA. The main reason for this is that FDA makes it difficult to sell condoms which are wider than 54 mm along at least some portion of the shaft when flattened. This is discussed in the FDA guidance document:

Latex Condoms for Men
    Information for 510(k) Premarket Notifications: Use of Consensus Standards for Abbreviated Submissions

which you can read online on the FDA website:
    http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ode/ltxcondm.pdf

In order to sell wider condoms, a more complex approval FDA process is necessary, with which most manufacturers can't be bothered. The They Fit condoms got around the FDA rules by having you measure your penis in order to select the correct size. This mitigates concerns of someone inadvertently buying too wide a condom and having it slip off, which is the reason for the FDA rule regarding maximum width.

I strongly recommend the They Fit condoms. I use size U22, and have found they make a world of difference over the Magnum XL. While I used to fumble awkwardly to get into the Magnum XL, the U22 goes on fairly easily, and is much more comfortable. In addition, the proper fitting condom gives much better sensation. It's well worth the effort of ordering online. I usually buy 12 dozen or so at a time to make the ordering less of a frequent hassle. Condomainia gives a discount on larger orders, and frequently emails discount codes for even more money off. As I result, I actually pay less than I did for Magnum XL's over the counter at my local pharmacy.

3. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

"MAGNUM2 are best !

4. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like you should try the 'Inspiral' or 'Twisted Pleasure' condoms. They have a pouch of excess material around the head that is supposed to give guys more of a condom-less feeling, but they may be what you need if your head is wider than the shaft. You may still have to deal with getting the ring over your head, but after that you should be fine. :biggrin1:

All the more reason to stay away from the Magnums. While your shaft girth is not at all small, the magnums fit better for those with larger girths.

Good luck, have fun and play safe. :cool:

5. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Try Trojan Large then. I've had the same issue, tightness when rollin and lil flimsy on the shaft. But I think The large will be tight as well.I'd stick to the reg Magnums or try THEY FIT.. I heard there is a new magnum Twist where it gives more head room.

6. BJT

BJT New Member

I'll take a look at those magnum twist ones and see what condomania has to offer. Thanks for the ideas

Draft saved Draft deleted