condom disposal

DJM277: For those of you who use condoms regularly or have in the past.I know they say your not suppose to flush them down the toilet.But i would imagine many guys do espicially for those who live with a roommate or parent or have kids.

How do you dispose of them?

prepky: it is my understanding that you are not supposed to flush them if you have a septic system, cause they do not break down, and will clogg your lateral lines, however if you have a sewer system, then I would think that it is ok, cause they usually have larger lines that empty into the sewage system, and I have a sewer system, and when we do use then I flush mine...

Prep

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I had a flushed condom clog my drain to the sewer line once back when I was married. The landlord had to come out and snake the line. When he pulled out the condom, it had inflated a little larger than a football - plenty to clog the drain. He suggested that I try coitus interruptus instead.

If you can't just toss it into a wastebasket by the bed, my suggestion is to lay the used condom on a paper towel then either fold or wad the towel up and throw it in the trash.

Donk: I know someone on a sewer system who recently had a clog that caused sewage to back up into their house. From what I hear, it was not pretty. In that case, flushed condoms were not the culprit, but other flushed things were involved. The moral of the story--best not to take a chance. Figure out a way to put them in the trash.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I've had a long history in my home of "backed up sewer" problems in my basement (the worst occuring from severe storms/heavy rains, believe it or not!)

TERRIBLE ! :mad:

Avoid blocking up your sewer lines at ALL costs.

TRASH the condoms....don't flush them.

You only have to experience a backed-up sewer just one time and you'll say "never again!".

buddy43610: i put it in a paper towel and wad it up and trash it. buddy

HungRebel: yep, when I use them they go in teh trash.

TragicWhiteKnight: My art of subterfuge generally involves hiding rubbish in crisp packets - no-one ever looks there. For further protection, hide the crisp packet in an old envelope...

Which is why junk food and junk mail are good.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Condom disposal is easy -- I leave them on the floor where I took them off and let HER worry about picking them up and disposing of them after I'm gone. :D

namodomok: I used to tie the end in a knot so the cum didn't spill out and just hide it under the rest of the garbage.

Mighty_Joe: I once had a friend who swore he put them in the freezer. I asked him why? "Cum cicles" :D

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=Mighty_Joe link=board=health;num=1070812727;start=0#11 date=02/16/04 at 17:31:08]I once had a friend who swore he put them in the freezer. I asked him why? "Cum cicles" :D[/quote]

Erm...why? :D

javyn: trash, but im always worried later that what if the crazy b17ch dug it out of the trash and impregnated herself after i left? eek. i think from now on ill say hell with it and flush them.

dancinfool: I put them back in the package and roll it up in a piece of toilet paper so that it looks like a used tissue and then tossit in the trash.

The problem with flushing it, for all of you who remember your biology, is that there is a high sodium content in semen. Because of this, water will go through osmosis and pass through the condom until there is an equal concentration of salt on each side of the condom. Since the water in your toilet is fresh (hopefully) it will swell up until it backs up your toilet. Isnt science great? Use the trash...

housebroke husband

Experimental Member
Media
The enviornmentist tree huggers seem to be a on campiagn agaist us condom users flushing our used rubbers down the toilet. Warnings of plugged up, exploding toilets is pure nonsense. I ought to know as I have flushed hundreds (the wrapper too) and never had one fail to go down or reappear. It is the neatest and I highly recommend this disposal.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The enviornmentist tree huggers seem to be a on campiagn agaist us condom users flushing our used rubbers down the toilet. Warnings of plugged up, exploding toilets is pure nonsense. I ought to know as I have flushed hundreds (the wrapper too) and never had one fail to go down or reappear. It is the neatest and I highly recommend this disposal.
And the "I-don't-give-a-shit-about-the-environment,-I'll-let-my-children-worry-about-it" condom users will continue to flush them.

Why do you have such an aversion to throwing them in the trash?

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
I envelop it in some toilet paper, so that it is well hidden, and throw it in the litter.

If I want to be sure, I take the envelop with me and throw it in a litter basket outside

housebroke husband

Experimental Member
Media
Apparently the tree hugging enviornmentists are on a rampage against us condom flushers. But I always flush my rubbers after sex and my toilet doesn't explode or otherwise plug up. It's certainly the neatest and most convienent disposal and I will continue to flush 'em just like I have for years.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apparently the tree hugging enviornmentists are on a rampage against us condom flushers. But I always flush my rubbers after sex and my toilet doesn't explode or otherwise plug up. It's certainly the neatest and most convienent disposal and I will continue to flush 'em just like I have for years.
Alright. Whatever, jq. As you always have been for years, you are right and everyone else is wrong.