condom disposal

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by housebroke husband, May 9, 2007.

1. housebroke husband

housebroke husband New Member

There seems to be some sort of enviornment crusade against disposing used condoms by flushing down the toilet. I know I always dispose of my rubbers this way ,as I suspct most other condoms users do. It has never caused any trouble. How do you get rid of them?

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tie a knot and toss it in the trash. The wrapper is soon to follow.

3. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

i like to hide them under the girls pillow so when she wakes up she has a nice suprise

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

In the trash, of course. Your toilet should never be used as an "alternative trash disposal unit." It is definitely an environmental issue. I was horrified a couple of years back, when a friend I was visiting dumped an ashtray in the toilet. He explained that he "doesn't like the smell" when he dumps it in his regular trash.

Waste water treatment plants are designed to handle piss, shit, and toilet paper. They are not designed to handle whatever you don't want to throw in a garbage bag.

It's easy to think, "It's not that much of a problem if I do it once in a while..." but when you multiply that times every single person whose waste goes into that system, it is a problem.

Plastic and rubber items, once flushed, get caught up in a screening system, which can get clogged, and must then be cleaned - meaning that portion of the system has to be shut down.

Drinkable water is something most everyone in the USA takes for granted, but the supplies are not unlimited.

Contact your local waste water treatment facility if you doubt that it's a problem.

5. burns1de

Gold Member

You know, I'll probably sound like an ignorant ass, but I had no idea that dumping used rubbers in the toilet was such an issue... I'll dump 'em in the trash next time. Thanks for enlightening me!

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hahah, you can learn a lot when you are bored and turn on the TV. I already knew that flushing trash down the toilet was not a good thing, then saw an episode of "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery Channel, where Mike Rowe worked in a sewage treatment plant for a day. It was appalling.

7. Late Knight

Late Knight New Member

Albums:
    I'm not much of an environmentalist, however I prefer to leave my condom on for a while after lovemaking until a little later, you know, a nap, then when I get up to get rid of it I feel rested and ALWAYS slip it off and toss it in the bathroom trash. NEVER the toilet!!! The last thing I need to do is have to "PAY" a plumber to unstop the plumbing! I suspect that would be just a bit of common sence...

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Trast makes the most sense to me, wrap it in a Kleenex if you think someone might find it...

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Why should I mind if someone finds out that I've had good sex? Make sure everyone sees the size you bought on the wrappers :wink:.

By the way, what business would anyone have to do in my trash can anyways? My fuckbuddy's ex maybe?

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Well, there's always this.

11. Love-it

Gold Member

Latex condoms are biodegradable but it takes years, not the short times involved in city waste septic waste systems. Condoms gum up the works just like tampons, plastic toys and other non-biodegradable items.

12. Omegaman

Omegaman Member

Albums:
    Speaking from experience: aka Once my gf was babysitting someone kids and I went over to hang out and then you know what happen. Been in a strange house I proceed to flush down the toilet. The following day later my gf friend called that her toilet was backup and the plummer came over to fix it and found a used condom in the system. I don't think that my gf admitted what happen over her friend house. I was a youning so I learn from my mistake..Hopeful with help other young men....Trash..wrap in tissuse for more privacy.:biggrin1:

13. DaveGoodie

DaveGoodie Member

Albums:
    I always wonder if the maids discover my Trojan Magnum XLs and wrappers in the bin when I stay at hotels....and if they keep a special look out for me the next day!

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I hope to hell this is a joke. If you did that to me it would only happen once...cause you would be banned from my bedroom posthaste.

15. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Wrapped in paper towel then tossed in the bin.:wink:

Its never nice to wake up in the morning and find a roomates "friend" has left a condom floating in the toilet.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I think the whole point of this thread is, "once it leaves my hands, I don't give a shit what else it may fuck up. I'll continue to do as I have always done."

17. Love-it

Gold Member

It's wonderful that your care and concern for consequences comes through so clearly in your post.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

DC_DEEP, As usual you are correct!
    Unfortunately this isn't the first time I have been a bit concerned with the cavalier attitude expressed in this and other threads as well.

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Just so I'm sure we are on the same page here, my post that you quoted is not my personal feelings; quite the opposite in fact. I do get angry with people who DON'T CARE.

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Thanks, I'm glad you understood what I was trying to get across. My post #4, in conjunction with my post #16, explain it all.

Draft saved Draft deleted