Condom Etiquette?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was wondering out there: How many of you guys out there deal with the issue of asking to use a condom with a girl? Most of the women get apprehensive, and I can never fully get out the explanation that if I don't know them that long, I'd rather use protection, or not risking the desire to sire without them going absolutely apeshit and/or ballistic.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
You shouldn't even have to ask her, Chuck.

These days a woman who objects to a condom is suspect. Her saying "You don't trust me" or "Don't worry, honey, I'm clean" turns quickly into your saying, "Oops!"

The only objection should be to latex if she's allergic. Then you should have a polyvinyl on standby.

Pecker

I've been on so many blind dates, I should get a free dog.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=Pecker link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#1 date=11/23/03 at 19:46:54]You shouldn't even have to ask her, Chuck.

These days a woman who objects to a condom is suspect.  Her saying "You don't trust me" or "Don't worry, honey, I'm clean" turns quickly into your saying, "Oops!"

The only objection should be to latex if she's allergic.  Then you should have a polyvinyl on standby.

Pecker

I've been on so many blind dates, I should get a free dog.[/quote]

You know, Pecker, you wouldn't believe how many women are that picky over the damn things. Nine years ago when I was starting to go out with this one girl, she said up and down that she refuses to wear condoms because she didn't like the way they fit. We split shortly after that, and nine years later, she's got four kids, separated from her husband, and working on her fifth one from a different guy. Now, I don't have a problem with having a family, but not when I'm not ready, it seems I really dodged a bullet on that one.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Maybe a real bullet, if she was already married when she tried to hustle you! :D

Like DMW said, when you wear a condom, it's not for the woman you're doing it.

Pecker

"You don't have to wear one of those on my account. I hate those things!"

"Well, I kinda thought it'd be a good idea since I've had this pus discharge since the last time we slept together."

Donk: [quote author=MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#3 date=11/24/03 at 05:16:22]

Nine years ago when I was starting to go out with this one girl, she said up and down that she refuses to wear condoms because she didn't like the way they fit.
[/quote]

A ha! I think we have found the source of the problem. You wear the condom. It will definitely not fit on her parts.

In all seriousness, Pecker and DMW are right, if she refuses to let you use a condom, you should refuse to do the deed. Think of it this way--if she wants you to go without a condom, how many other men has she had unprotected sex with? And do you want to pick up whatever they might have been carrying?

In this day and age, it should not even be an issue. Don't even ask, just whip it out. (The condom, that is.)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't give a damn if it doesn't fit or not DONK, the point is---she should've cared enough to understand my feelings with respects to that possibility, and she didn't. She just to get laid, relaid, andparlaid.And have children without consideration for my situation. Incidently, just to clear up things, she wasn't married when I was going out with her.

longtimelurker: [quote author=11inch link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#7 date=11/24/03 at 07:39:46]I never ask I just put it on.[/quote]

Ditto - kinda always feel as though it's expected.

RedheadedSpdFrk: This woman expects them...and won't accept any excuse not to use one.

nowoonder: There are always a fair number of girls that don't want you to use one. I guess their reasoning goes something like "I've never gotten an STD, so it must be safe". I've only accepted that once (with a girl I knew quite well for a long time). But I'll never do that again.

feared: sex without a condom is a no-go. the only time i'd even think about it was if i knew the girl was a virgin/hadn't had sex in many moons, and was unable to have kids.

wvalady1968: [quote author=feared link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#12 date=12/13/03 at 08:31:39]sex without a condom is a no-go. the only time i'd even think about it was if i knew the girl was a virgin/hadn't had sex in many moons, and was unable to have kids.

[/quote]

Or if she tested negative for all STDs and was on the pill?

Allie

wvalady1968: [quote author=palladen link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#14 date=12/13/03 at 23:59:49]The real question is, who gets to put it on? ;)
[/quote]

I get that honor, Love.
:)

palladen: (sigh) ;)
One of my best memories was being fitted with condom, then her realizing that a normal sized one wouldn't 'fit the bill'.
Question is, wva, with your big-beau did you run into that too? :)

wvalady1968: [quote author=palladen link=board=relationships;num=1069639578;start=0#16 date=12/14/03 at 10:15:52](sigh) ;)
One of my best memories was being fitted with condom, then her realizing that a normal sized one wouldn't 'fit the bill'.
Question is, wva, with your big-beau did you run into that too? :)[/quote]

I did run headlong into that trap, didn't I?
Will I ever learn? :D

"His" name is Bill, eh?
That's different.