Condom etiquette

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
No this isnt a size, brand prefrence thread.. just a few questions out of curiosity.

Everyone
Who's responsibility is it to supply the condom?

Who's responisibility is it to despose of it?

Guys.
What do you think if the person says she/he prefers not to use one?

Do you worry she may have sabotaged it (pin holes) etc in order to fall pregnant?

Do you believe her if she uses the old "im on the pill" line?

How do you handle it if you dont have one and the one she/he has is the wrong size?

Do you prefer to put it on yourself or let her/him do it?

Girls
Would you let a man have sex with you and not use a condom?

what do you do if he refuses to use one?

Do you carry one with you for emergencies?

ribbed or regular?

Do you fell less sensation with a condom?

At what point do you ddecide you dont need to use one anymore?

Is a condom your main defense against pregnancy?

I should add.. I mean in a new relationship or one night stands NOT long term relationships

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone
Who's responsibility is it to supply the condom? It's probably best if both have them.

Who's responisibility is it to despose of it? The guy, since he has it "on" him.

Girls
Would you let a man have sex with you and not use a condom? I have, but I probably shouldn't have. I've been lucky not to have any STDs.

what do you do if he refuses to use one? Now I would probably refuse, but then it has been so long since I had sex I can't guarantee that even now! :eek:

Do you carry one with you for emergencies? No, but I might want to start doing that if I ever get involved with a guy again.

ribbed or regular? Haven't tried ribbed.

Do you fell less sensation with a condom? Unfortunately, yes.

At what point do you ddecide you dont need to use one anymore? Not sure of the point. Maybe in a long term relationship.

No. I have had a tubal ligation.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Everyone
At first it was mine, cause I had tons of regular sized ones... now that we have figured out he needs bigger it's all his responsibility.

Him, and only him.. I do not touch it after it has been in me... yucky..

Girls

I trust my friend will pull out and cover up before it's too late...

He hasn't..

Yes... one thats too small for him to comfotably wear. so he remembers to bring them next time...

ribbed or regular?
regular please... the ribbed feels like sandpaper...

I can't tell a differnece....

I haven't come to that point yet..

As of late... yes

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
His, although I carry some as backup, if I'm taking the pill, or have an IUD (which I do) that's my responsiblity as its my body that uses it.

His, I wouldn't think of asking him to fling my tampon down the loo so I wouldn't dispose of his condom. It's full of his jizz not mine :)

I've answered any of the guy questions I felt applicable too.
Guys.

I think if he prefers not to use one on me he also prefers not to use one on any women he's fucked recently therefore making him riskier.

I prefer to let him put it on himself, I'd be scared of puncturing it with my nails.

Girls

Depends what guy it is, if it's a guy I'm in a long term relationship with yes, because I'm more likely to know his sexual history and also because any guy I'm in something long term with is going to care about me and therefore I feel wouldn't put me at risk. Anything short term it's a condom or no sex.

Tell him to bugger off.

Pack of three.

ribbed or regular
I don't mind I just tend to grab which are the cheapest of a reliable brand.

No

It's hard to quantify a point because it depends on how often you've been seeing him, but usually over the three month mark or if things are getting serious and I feel he's honest.

No a mirena coil is, a condom is my main defense against std's.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Everyone
Both equally.

It's the responsibility of the man(or, more accurately, it's the responsibilty of whomever wore the contraception).

Guys.
Goodbye.

Do you worry she may have sabotaged it (pin holes) etc in order to fall pregnant?
I would hope that my judgement isn't so bad that I pick up a bunnyboiler! I've never worried about this.

Yes. But I'm not using a condom to prevent pregnancy.

How do you handle it if you dont have one and the one she/he has is the wrong size?
I would(and have) carry on, just not fulfilling my potential. :tongue: (Finding the right size/shaped condom was the reason I found/joined this site, still haven't done it...)

Myself, but that's because I've never had sex with a woman who's... 'knowledgable' about sex shall we say. :redface:

va_lk_yr_ie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone
Both. I always carry some myself, I expect him to do as well.

Either one of us I'd say. Most of the time I find it's the guy that will do it, probably because he's the one wearing it and taking it off.

Girls
Nope. Not for a one-night stand or out of a sexually committed relationship.

It's either on, or you're out of my bed.

Not only for emergencies. Always.

ribbed or regular?
Regular.

No. But I find I need to use lube with condoms most of the time. The latex tends to eat my own lubrication and I end up sore and torn if not using it.

When we both decide that we want to be sexually exclusive to one another when it comes to unprotected sex. Which to me is not the same thing as not seeing others. Having lived in open relationships most of my adult life I want and need my freedom - and am prepared to give the same in return.

No. I have a Mirena IUD in - mainly for medical reasons, but also as a safe-guard for any oops that might happen.

D_Neeson Niceone

Experimental Member
Media
Mostly mine, especially since I need a larger brand. Unfortunantly, it does make sex rather expensive over time. Sometimes she buys some but it's almost always me.

I'd say it's mine but sometimes she does it, sometimes I do it. It's not a big deal.

I think sleeping with her is probably a bad idea.

I've thought about it, but not seriously.

I do if I trust her and we're in a relationship. Otherwise no.

Sadly, I've done the wrong thing here before. Bad rawrs! I try not to let this situation happen.

Letting the girl put the condom on is a great way to not get the condom on. I almost always do it myself. If I'm letting the girl put it on its either because she wants to or I'm demonstrating why her condoms aren't going to work.

This was a "girls" question but it applies to men as well. And the answer is a huge resounding yes followed by a big unhappy frown :frown1:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone

Mine I suppose. I doubt many girls carry Magnums

Mine :tongue:
Guys.

I ask if they have any other forms of contraception like the pill or an IUD. And about past sexual history.

No. No one knows where I keep my condoms. They're kept in a box inconspicuously marked 'Magnum PC' no one will ever know.

I dunno...this has never come up. I've always known if they were on the pill or not (ie been in a relationship). But when horny I would probably believe her. But I still would pull out.

I would try to squeeze into it. Doesn't always work. But uncomfortable sex is better than no sex at all. And the red ring around my cock makes me feel like a man haha. (not really)

I usually do it myself. Its kind of fiddly, with my foreskin and stuff. It feels funny if someone else does it. I don't mind someone pulling it off then wanking me off furiously goin 'your cock is so fuckin big' in fast breathy moans hehe. That was fun. But if a girl can do it, I spose I don't mind. It's just I can get it on faster. And time spent trying to get a condom on isn't time spent having sex.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Everyone
...Or more importantly contraception
in general..... BOTH

Who's responsibility is it to dispose of it?
Whoever is wearing it

Guys.

If it's a long term relationship, then I would not be as concerned as if it was something like a ONE NIGHT STAND.

Same as before,
If it's a long term relationship, then I would not be as concerned as if it was something like a ONE NIGHT STAND.

Do you believe her if she uses the old "I'm on the pill" line?
Again, same as before

How do you handle it if you don't have one and the one she/he has is the wrong size?
Yet again same as before, but if it comes to it, I can always stick with oral / using toys etc.

Either. Can be good foreplay letting the GF put one on for me.

Girls (From GF's point of view, as she's sat with me right now)

Rubber, or fuck off out of my bed

Carry them all the time

ribbed or regular?
Either

Generally no, but depends with the brand. Mates / Durex generally I do not feel any difference with.

At what point do you decide you don't need to use one any more?
When I feel that I have been in a relationship long enough, like with Mark (stanmarsh14)

Is a condom your main defence against pregnancy?
For STD's yes,
against pregnancy NO, I have the Depo Jab for that.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Everyone
Both

Whoever - really, it'd usually be him, but it's just logistics really isn't it - I can't understand the 'ew' answers - but then I like cum *shrugs*

Guys. answering one anyway
Well I prefer not to use them - I would think they were like me, that's not the same as not using them

*snip*

Girls
Yes - if I knew him as a friend, if I knew he was STD free (difficult to know, but theoretically speaking)

If I want him to use one and he refuses that's a deal breaker

I don't now - I used to when one nighters were an option

ribbed or regular?
Both - and flavoured

Yes - I much prefer bareback - bareback is so much nicer, for fucking and especially when he cums - but it just isn't an option for one nighters / new lovers

These days, after seeing the test results - when I was younger I wasn't so careful / fussy

Knowing my body and my cycle is my main defence against pregnancy - condom would be 2ndry

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone
Either person. I have my own stash now, simply b/c I wanted to try a different kind.

Either, but the man usually pitches it after removing it. I can't stand it when I find one on the floor. Ew.

Girls
If we're in a relationship, yes.

Send him home or leave myself. I've never experienced that, tho.

No. LOL! Maybe I should start.

ribbed or regular?
Regular.

I feel the condom. Not less sensation, but definitely more irritation.

After we discuss it. There's no time-line. I don't have sex with men who aren't willing to have a kid with me, theoretically, b/c there is always that possibility.

Not right now. Celibacy is. In the past, it was. And, it performed very well. I'm considering an IUD, tho, and then we'll have that and condoms. There's always a chance, tho, right? *bleh*

braumeister

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No this isnt a size, brand prefrence thread.. just a few questions out of curiosity.

Everyone

I do.

Mine
Guys.

For a one night stand or a new relationship? Danger!

It's my condom, I would hope she hasn't had that chance. I do sometimes worry about this in a long term relationship.

No.

We won't have sex, it's too painful for me to use a condom that's too small. We'll have to figure out other ways to get off.

For a one night stand or a new relationship, I'd rather do it myself. For a long term relationship, it's cool if the woman puts it on.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
cool thread idea.

both. in the heat of things if you're expecting the other one to have a condom and they don't and you don't, you're more likely to have sex anyway.

the guy. you figure he's going to go to the bathroom anyway to pee, right? then again, i've disposed of them more times than i can remember. i'd play this by ear.
i have, and it was stupid. it caused me a lot of worry and anguish, and an STD back when i was in college. this is why it's a good idea to always carry them.

refuse vaginal and anal sex. oral is fine, but honestly, if a guy is that selfish to outright refuse after i ask, i may not be all that anxious to blow him.

not anymore. i'm married and we don't use condoms for contraception.

ribbed or regular?
i always liked the spiral shaped ones that are baggy at the tip.

not really. the spiral condoms actually have an interesting sensation.

in most of the relationships i was in, that never happened. in my marriage, it wasn't until we tried to get pregnant.

no.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm married and been so for over 10 years now, so I will have to think back a ways.

Everyone
Who's responsibility is it to supply the condom? Both!

Who's responisibility is it to despose of it? It is my penis so I will take it off and dispose of it. If the woman doesn't want it in her trash, and I can understand that, then it is her responsibility to provide me with the ziplock bag, or whatever for me dispose of it into. I will not flush it down the toilet. Used condoms are garbage not human waste.

Guys.
What do you think if the person says she/he prefers not to use one? Then I guess this has been a big waste of time then. It ain't gonna happen otherwise (remembering that you predicated this on being a one night stand or a new relationship). If this is a new relationship, I will begin to question whether she is right for me. If she doesn't have enough self respect for her own health and body, let alone mine, then she doesn't belong in a relationship with me.

Do you worry she may have sabotaged it (pin holes) etc in order to fall pregnant? It only came up, if we were at her place, and I had used mine up (always had at least one on hand, usually two). I figured if she didn't pressure me to use hers the first time then I was pretty safe.

Do you believe her if she uses the old "im on the pill" line? It isn't a matter if I believe her or not. If she doesn't respect her own health enough then I have found the wrong woman and it ain't going any further. I will not risk disease, or any child of mine being raised by such a hedonistic, self-centered woman.

How do you handle it if you dont have one and the one she/he has is the wrong size? As noted earlier I always had at least one on hand, but if we used mine up, I might try hers out and do the best I could. I never had one break, but if it was too tight I would have problems losing my erection.

I prefer the woman to do it, but due to my girth, it requires some stretching, and thus some practice to do it properly, which doesn't happen often for one night stands or new relationships.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone

You ask everyone, so that implies the answer: Whoever has it. In single times, I had a supply in my nightstand, to be prepared. That's the level of preparation a guy should show too. If you're on the road, I guess it's the guy's task to supply them, since I have not seen a condom dispenser in a ladies' rest room so far.

Whoever is the last to leave the room, I guess.

Girls
Only if I knew him, one-night-stands are too risky to do that. Nobody wants STDs here, so come dressed or don't come.

I bye-bye him.

Ah, you got me. Yes, when I'm out for a date and some sex, I do. Better make sure the guy has no excuse :wink:

ribbed or regular?
Regular. I find ribbed ones over the top. On the few occasions that I have tried them, they made the guy climax faster than they made me.

No, usually I don't. Of course, bare is better, but with condom it's not necessarily worse.

When I feel like it, not earlier and not later. And don't try to talk me (or yourself) out of it: I'm pretty easygoing, but I can be a bitch in bedroom.

No, I rely on contraceptives for that. Of course, the condom can be added protection.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone
As a former boyscout :Always be prepared!

Guys on the way to the garbage pail, grab the lady something to drink! Guys.
Tempting as it may be, I'd rather still wrap it.

That is why I carry my own!

If we have been dating for a while, sure.

Never happened.

Do it youself, goes quicker, especially if you use these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoPcEIypwA

Slightly, but I don't mind, and sometimes it aids the duration of penetration.
(I'm a poet and didn't even know it! :eek: )

SweetWilliam

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I should preface this by saying I'm a one-woman man. But we're using condoms until we figure out a more permanent solution. I started dating after condoms became mandatory, so I'll tell you how I've felt about it.

Everyone
I have a definite brand/style preference, so I always keep some on hand.

Mine. BTW it's not a good idea to flush them. I tie mine off (stale semen does not smell good) and wrap them in a tissue before putting them in the trash. Puts a damper on the afterglow, but it's habit now. Guys.
I think "How well do I know you? How long is this relationship likely to last? Is there other birth control in place?"

In my marriage there is absolutely no chance of her wanting to get pregnant again. In my previous relationships a pregnancy would have ruined any of their lives (all were in high school/college and had career plans), so no, I never worried about it. I doubt I would sleep with a woman who would do such a thing.

I've never had sex with anyone who would lie about it. Besides this statement requires the follow-up discussion about who's been tested for STDs and when, which I am not afraid to have, nudity and giant erection or not.

Half the fun for me is her pleasure, if the condom is too small I'll just be going longer, thus more fun for her. It's not as good for me, but how bad can it be, it's sex!

It's sexy as hell when she does it for me, but usually more comfortable if I do it. The bottom line is it's just as much fun either way.