condom size for a first timer

TankBlack: hey guys, i have this "friend" whos about to lose his virginity with his girl and he wants to know what size condom should he use if his piece is 7x5 inches hard. he doesnt want to embarass himslef looking like a midget in a trenchcoat if he buys trojan magnum but he still wants to be safe. what brands do you guys recomend?

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is this guy you? Most of the time when questions such as you posted and they begin with: "I have this friend, etc." they apply to the individual asking the question. No problem. The trojan Magnum should work well.

Then go to Condomania and check out the They Fit condom line. You can determine what size of 55 available and order them on line. Several months ago, I participated in a condom study which featured the They Fit line. The fit and feelings this product line allowed me to enjoy sexual intercourse to an extent greater than I had achieved over twenty some years of condom useage. Needless to say, I am a confident, happy They Fit user.

In any regard, in this day and age always use a condom until you have selected a long term mate. Then, once you know the medical history, and only then, would I go for unprotected sexual activity. You have a long life ahead of you and you are encouraged to protect yourself. You know, that no one else will.

Enjoy life and always remember that life is too short to not protect yourself. :wow:

CharlieDick

1st Like
Media
Agreed: most brands of condoms have code words, and 'large' or XL mean girth. Any condom will stretch out to 8 or 9 inches without getting too tight (it just unrolls all the way), or it might not cover the final inch, but that's no problem for semen retention (the cream will stay inside).

I can't remember the code word for skinny condoms. Anyway, five inch girth is normal. I have 6.9 inch girth, and regular sizes are a bit too tight.

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with the other posters that standard sized condoms will probably fit a 7x5 just fine (which is good because it gives the wearer lots of style/feature options), Magnums (regular, not XL) may work, and They Fit gives the best chance of a really perfect fit. Best bet is really to buy 3-packs of a few different types and just try them on before the big moment arrives. A guy should practice putting on condoms before using one for the first time anyway for both safety and pride reasons. When I was a teen I practiced with regular condoms and learned how inadequate they were for my size--but I had to deal with it anyway as that was all that was available, Magnums were not introduced till a couple years later. You kids today don't know how good you have it!