Condom size help

sumo_wanker: hey guys i was just wondering if u could help me out, im a bit of a square :-[. my penis is 6" long and 6" in girth. i was just wondering if u guys knew of any good condoms that were wide enough but not incredibly long. thanks

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Short or long, sumo, you won't find appreciable width increases in condoms until you move up to the Magnum or the Magnum XL.

I'd suggest that the Magnum is right up your alley (no pun intended - I'm a straight guy). :D

tripod2004: When I regularly used condoms, I just go into a supermarket or the gents in my local and buy a pack of 2.
My penis is just under 9'' and just under 7'' girth.I've only ever had one burst and that was probably because we were muckin about before. I don't know what the problem is with you guys. Unless you have a dick like a coke can just use an ordinary one

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=tripod2004 link=board=health;num=1079853507;start=0#2 date=03/21/04 at 06:41:42]When I regularly used condoms, I just go into a supermarket or the gents in my local and buy a pack of 2.
My penis is just under 9'' and just under 7'' girth.I've only ever had one burst and that was probably because we were muckin about before. I don't know what the problem is with you guys. Unless you have a dick like a coke can just use an ordinary one[/quote] I've witnessed condoms splitting while my 8.5 x 6.5 inch friend tried to unroll one down his staff. My first response was, "damn, I never saw that happen before".
His reply was, "I seldom get one on without its tearing up". Oh, well, some of us have our troubles!

Luke ::)

Donk: [quote author=tripod2004 link=board=health;num=1079853507;start=0#2 date=03/21/04 at 06:41:42]When I regularly used condoms, I just go into a supermarket or the gents in my local and buy a pack of 2.
My penis is just under 9'' and just under 7'' girth.I've only ever had one burst and that was probably because we were muckin about before. I don't know what the problem is with you guys. Unless you have a dick like a coke can just use an ordinary one[/quote]

There is a difference between being able to squeeze into a condom and having one actually fit comfortably. I have often read comments by self-declared "sex experts" who respond to condom size questions by pointing out that a latex condom can be stretched big enough to cover a watermelon, 2 liter Coke bottle, etc. But they are obviously not accounting for the watermelon's comfort. My penis is much smaller than a watermelon, and I can squeeze it into a standard size condom (I have even squeezed it into a "snug fit" condom just for grins) but it feels neither comfortable nor safe.

A condom that actually fits comfortably obviously increases pleasure. In addition to breakage, the other safety concern with a too-small condom involves (surprisingly) increased risk of slipping off. A condom that fits too tightly can slip off because of the friction on the outward stroke. A condom that is too short can also slip off if the ring goes inside and gets caught on the outward stroke.

In my condom-using days, I could use a regular condom in a pinch (pun intended!)--better than nothing. But it's far from ideal. Guys whose penises are significantly larger than average are smart to pay attention to condom size.

To the original poster: Though your length is in the average range, your girth is significantly above average. I agree that you probably want to give Magnums a try. Maybe even Magnum XL--my girth is similar and the XL's fit me more comfortably than the regular Magnums. Just leave the excess length unrolled. You might also try a custom size from the They-Fit condoms they sell at www.condomania.com. They sell numerous length/width combinations.

TragicWhiteKnight: [quote author=Donk link=board=health;num=1079853507;start=0#4 date=03/22/04 at 06:00:57]

Maybe even Magnum XL--my girth is similar and the XL's fit me more comfortably than the regular Magnums. Just leave the excess length unrolled. You might also try a custom size from the They-Fit condoms they sell at www.condomania.com. They sell numerous length/width combinations.[/quote]

Donk's got plenty of wisdom here. Magnum XL's are supposedly 1.75" thick, while the ordinary Magnum is 1.5", if I can do my math correctly.

Lifestyles Large are as thick as the XLs but not as long, so might be a good bet.

Just my opinion though: I'm no 'sex expert'. [despite what my CV says]

sumo_wanker: thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it. i did try measuring with the they-fit kit and i think i got something like o-21

Donk: [quote author=sumo_wanker link=board=health;num=1079853507;start=0#6 date=03/23/04 at 11:26:23]thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it. i did try measuring with the they-fit kit and i think i got something like o-21 [/quote]

That measurement sounds right. As mentioned, my girth is about the same as yours and the "21" width fits me very well.

sumo_wanker: oh yea, i forgot they dont make an o-21 :-/