Condom Size - I know, I know, not another one

Ron Wilson

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just out of curiosity, I'd like these questions answered from either those who have experience, or even the opinion of those who don't.

What is the minimum, average, and maximum (in the sense that may be wise to move up) size required for the three basic sizes of condoms?
(I'm talking girth wise here, as that's always a little more tricky).

For example, what is the minimum girth required to fit into a regular condom without it being too big/loose? Is it 4 inches, or less? What is the average size to be inbetween it being too loose or too tight? 4.5-5.25? What is the maximum before you can get away with moving towards a Magmum? 5.5? Or is it less?

I have the same curiosity for the others. Like the magmum? Is the minimum without it being too loose around 5 inches? Middle around 5.75? Maximum 6.25?

What about the XL? Minimum around 5.75??? Average around 6.5??? Maximum around 7.25???

If you guys could let me know your opinions it would be appreciated!

xrj789

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have any experience with Magnums (in fact, I asked this question in a different post a couple weeks ago), but I can tell you that Lifestyles regulars (I forget which exact style I wore, but they were definitely regulars) were seriously uncomfortable for me. That might just be my proportions, though - I have a big head, which I just measured earlier tonight at 5.75 (it really swells up when I've got a ready-to-fuck hardon, not your run of the mill erection), but my shaft is only about 5.25 before thickening up again to 5.5 at the base. If you have a smaller head, then maybe it won't hurt as much getting the condom on, but it might leave marks around the shaft or base.

I think the big "if" factor for us mid-size guys is how hard we really are. There's a big difference between a raging boner and the just-showing-up erection. I get the former when I'm about to get laid or haven't jerked off in a day or so, and the latter when I'm sleep-deprived or already blown a load.

These threads are honestly helpful to guys like me, who have been in a monogamous relationship for a while and just getting back into the condom market after a few years or so, and who also are probably right on the borderline between regulars and larges.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reg condoms 4.5-5 (max 5.5" after that you feel it streching) = the majority of people.

Magnums 5.5 would be the minimum. max 6.5"

Mag Xl almost the same as the reg Magnums .. 5.7 up to 7 around.

Look on the first thread about condom help. You get this answer dozen of times!

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
I'm 7ins long and 6.5ins round, and did a trial of all large size condoms available in the UK a while ago. Magnum XL were best. All the others were too tight to roll down fully, but XLs were just great. They felt looser around the shaft than others, which really increased the pleasure of fucking. I wish I'd found them years ago.

Some of the others, like Condomi XL, didn't seem much larger than ordinary condoms.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reg condoms 4.5-5 (max 5.5" after that you feel it streching) = the majority of people.

Magnums 5.5 would be the minimum. max 6.5"

Mag Xl almost the same as the reg Magnums .. 5.7 up to 7 around.

Look on the first thread about condom help. You get this answer dozen of times!
I disagree a little. First of all, everyone is different and the comfort depends on how hard he gets. 5.5" girth and rock hard may not notice a difference between Magnums and regular size. But someone with a softer erection might notice a difference. Also, a Magnum on an 8.5x5.5 would roll down more than on a 6.5x5.5 so there wouldn't be that tight ring of unrolled condom at the base.

I would say above 5" could try Magnums to see how they feel. Magnums are tight on me at 5.5" girth. Magnum XLs are much more comfortable, but they are tapered which means they are slightly too loose at the head and too tight at the base. They Fit condoms are not tapered and I suggest people try them.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How can I get theyfit 22's on USA though?
Just go to Condomania.com and order them. Go down to "Step 2 - Buy Your Condoms!!" I ordered They Fit's from there before they went off the market, so I got an email recently saying they have limited sizes for a limited time. Looks like they have size 22 girth in various length sizes. The top of the page says they are off the market, but it looks like you can still order some. Let us know if you can order them.