Condom size study

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems that some researchers have been getting research money to find out what almost any guy here could have told them: many men find condoms too small. (Equally, no doubt, there are men who find them too big.)

The study has been widely reported in the news, e.g. here (in London) and here (in New York).

Not sure why the manufacturers are so averse to making condoms in more different sizes. Is it simply market economics — i.e. it's easier and cheaper to make them in only one size, or a few sizes, that probably 70 or 80 per cent of men find OK?

B_MatureHungDad

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ya haha I just never use condoms... well i would never now because I have been with my wife for the past 22 years... but ya growing up i just never thought to put them on... i was usually drunk when I would hook up with girls and I would always just do work without the condom. They were always too small, made sex worst, I could never get off, and would make me lose my erect. I just felt they were so much better off. Also I never wanted to spend money on them... I have no idea how my kids pay for them these days when they have no money and 3 condoms cost 6bucks

I just cant believe that we have made so many advancements in technology but have yet to advance the very important tool, the condom... like how do you format a high powered operating system but cant make a condom that fits right and feels good.... and I dont no how they cost so much they are just small tiny pieces of thin plastic... its like they dont want people to buy them or somehting

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems that some researchers have been getting research money to find out what almost any guy here could have told them: many men find condoms too small.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but neither article really says that. It says the condoms are poor fits. Whether that is due to being too small or too big, I can't tell for sure, but the one article you posted did say, "Additionally, men will often not buy condoms sized "small" or even "medium," they said." If anything, judging by the title of the one article and the content of the other one, it seems men are avoiding smaller sized condoms even if that is the best fit for them.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got you. I guess I'm really nit-picking, it was just the way you phrased it I had to respond.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got you. I guess I'm really nit-picking, it was just the way you phrased it I had to respond.
Fair enough. But I was writing from the point of view of members of this forum, and when they (and I) say that a condom doesn't fit it's going to be because it's too small...