Condom Sizes?

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Incocknito, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Incocknito

Gold Member

Okay so I'm looking at an alternative to Magnum XL's. FYI

My girth (base): ~6"
    Midshaft: ~5.8"
    Head: ~4.5" (lol)

So in inches:

Magnum XL width: 2.59 (66mm)
    Regular condom: ~ 2" (52mm)

Those are also base widths. Is it simply a matter of looking at your base width (because that's where the ring is and where the condom esentially 'fastens' itself) and comparing it to the condom?

For example my base width is over 2". I think its about 2.25" but could be more, haven't checked in a while. Are there any thin/ultralite etc condoms that would fit my girth? Not finding many. Magnum XL's are great but the material is quite thick.

Also I'm guessing that those are external widths and that the internal width of the condom will be less than the quoted width. Here are Pasante King Size:

Length (mm) 200 Width at Head (mm) 60 Width at Base of Head (mm) 60 Width at Base (mm) 60
    Nice uniform width there of 2.36 inches. Seems like they would fit but will they? Is there some sort of calculation or something that you could use to find the right condom?

#1 Incocknito, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. maxcok

Gold Member

Why don't you just take some for a test run? How can anyone else tell you if they're going to work for you?

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I'm happy to send you some used Fetherlites.
    Don't worry ... offer's gratis.
    I want your bird to sing.

4. Incocknito

Gold Member

lol I could buy some but I don't want to be buying loads of different brands. I remember when I first started having sex I must have spent £50/$100 looking for the right condom.

Plus all the larger sized ones seem to be thicker too...it doesn't help that large sized ones aren't even stocked in the UK. At least not as far as I can tell

5. Incocknito

Gold Member

Alright basically the dilemma is this:

Magnum XL are 66mm/2.5" wide. They don't roll all the way down. Therefore is it futile to try a condom with less than 66mm/2.5" width? Because that's what every other condom is.

I want a thin condom like fetherlite/thintensity etc.

6. pcghabsy

Gold Member

Albums:
    One thing I have realized is that condoms are meant to be stretched. So while I have tried XL and it seems to be more comfortable at first, I prefer regulars as they are just more of a solid fit. For me anyway, that is the right size. At 6" maybe XL could work better... By the way, unstretched Magnum XL is like 1.5" wide or something like that.

Since I moved to India, it is more of a problem as the local condoms here seem to be a bit smaller...

7. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

The widths quoted for condoms are the unstretched, flattened width. If you multiply that times 2 you get the unstretched circumference of the condom. So a "regular" condom that has a width of 52mm has an unstretched circumference of 104mm or 4.1 inches. But to get enough "purchase" not to slip off a condom has to be stretched maybe 15 or 20% of its circumference. So a "regular" 52mm wide condom works well for a "regular" penis circumference of 4.7" - 4.9" and can, of course, be stretched over a cock thicker than that.

The Magnum XL width you quoted of 66mm is a maximum width (unstretched). The problem is, the Magnum and Magnum XL condoms have a flared shape much wider towards the closed end to allow more "headroom" but they are barely wider at the open end (54mm as opposed to 52mm). You, like me, have a tree-trunk shaped penis. I am almost identical to you at midshaft but a bit bigger at the glans and base. I could wear a Magnum XL but it has almost more headroom than I require. On you, it would probably be baggy around the head.

And the Magnum and Magnum XL condoms are longer, so unless you are really long (more than 7.5" non bone-pressed length) there is more unrolled condom. That can put more pressure on the "bead" at the base where the condom is narrowest so that it you are thickest at the base, a Magnum can sometimes be more uncomfortable than a regular condom. You, and I, would be better off with a cylindrical condom of uniform width throughout than a flared condom.

I can make some suggestions. The LifeStyles King Size XL condom has a more cylindrical shape with an unstretched circumference of 54mm and it isn't as long as the Magnum XL so there is less unrolled condom: LifeStyles Large XL Condoms | Free, Discreet Shipping From Condom Depot

You could try a natural lamb (skin) condom made from lamb intestines like the Trojan Natural Lamb. These can get expensive but feel great, and are much wider with a uniform width of 68mm throughout. The problem is that these condoms cannot be guaranteed to prevent disease transmission because of variable pore size (they do prevent pregnancy): Trojan Naturalamb Condoms - Individual Condom Statistics at Condomania

Or you could try some Crown "Skinless Skin" condoms. These have a cylindrical shape and are thinner although they are made of Latex, not lamb intestine. They have a uniform width of 55mm throughout and are the same length as most "regular" condoms: Crown Skinless Skin Condoms - Individual Condom Statistics at Condomania

8. Incocknito

Gold Member

Thanks redbear, great post. I did see the lambskin ones (Trojan Naturalamb) but they are way too expensive.

I might just buy some Fetherlites or Thintensity ones and see what happens.

The Magnum XL do become baggy around the head sometimes so I guess I need one with less "headroom" although most condoms seem to have more headroom than base width.

Thanks, I'll have another look around and let you know how I get on.

9. I23

I23 New Member

Hey, if you are looking in the UK, since the past few months you can now find larger sizes quite easily. Most chemists (Boots etc) have started stocking Durex XL's alongside the other Durex varieties. I've not tried other brands like Magnums etc (I think Nice and Naughty do stock them though, and they are nationwide) but the Durex's are easily available to try out and see if you get on with.

For what it's worth, I like them. That's not to say that they are absolutely vital to me, I used regular condoms for years since that was what was available, and they (usually) worked fine. But with the XL's my cock just feels less compressed and more free to move than before. It's still a good fit, not baggy - feels snug and comfy rather than tight and it feels more natural because of that I guess. I'm not sure how they measure up, or how they measure compared to you but since they are easily available I guess they are worth a try.

10. Pitbull

Gold Member

Just wanted to highlight an important fact in your post.

11. Incocknito

Gold Member

Thanks I23, good to know I could go to Boots in an emergency. And I noted that too pitbull. Seems a bit of a flaw. Though I don't see how it could not protect against STI's but could still protect against pregnancy?

Anyway I've been looking again and found a "Big Boy Sampler" that includes most large size condoms (one of each) which I guess I could try but none of them are thin or 'sensitive' etc.

Larger condoms don't seem to have any added extras like regular ones do. I've had a quite exhaustive look online and not found anything similar to a Magnum XL or even just a Magnum :(

12. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

Viruses and many bacteria are much smaller than spermatozoa. Since lamb intestine is not synthetic and can't really be fully subjected to quality control, it is possible that some natural skin condoms could have pore sizes large enough to pass viruses (herpes, HIV) and maybe even smaller bacteria, but not spermatozoa.

13. Incocknito

Gold Member

Cool thanks for that. Thought it might be something like that. I bought the Big Boy Sampler. I'm most interested in the 'My Size 60mm' condom. Seems like it could be a good middle ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted