Condomnation

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Imported, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

kwame: I was wondering do any of you get strange looks when you put Magnums on the counter? The reason I'm asking is because I have had two women at walmart on different visits tell me you know they are large condoms. I know they are only trying to be helpful but I think they are only saying that because I still have a boyish face.

2. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: HAHA!  :D :D :D

You know that is a question I have wondered about bigger guys, what do people say when you buy the large condoms? I remember going to a 7-Eleven and seeing some Magnums behind the counter and a few days later they were gone... I thought to myself then I wonder if the cashier said anything to whoever bought them or what they were thinking.

Kwame for you... haha, they probably are thinking, "Boy, what are you doing buying condoms period?! You're getting the wrong size too! Surely you haven't finished puberty!" Etc...  *Becomes a mind-reader* yes, that's what they were thinking when you made your selection. :)

3. benderten2001

Gold Member

kwame,

You've started what I hope to be a most interesting thread here! --We're bound to hear some amusing stories, I would think.

I'm sure that with the "size" of condoms many of us purchase, store clerks, others in line, etc. are sure to take notice (and think!, --perhaps even be bold enough to SAY all kinds of things!) from time to time.

I too, have sensed the feelings of nearby "onlookers" and clerks watching and making assumptions when I am at the condom display shelf.

This kinda amuses me, in a strange way ;D

(I even like to imagine WHAT they are thinking.)

As to what Chubby noted the clerk's possible reaction about you and your purchase..... I don't personally want to draw that conclusion, but-- could be.

I'm hesitant to think a clerk would question a young man purchasing a condom (in that derogatory manner). when instead a clerk would be wise to recognize you're showing great wisdom (at your age) for having considered "safe sex". I want to believe the clerk's pointing out the selected size was more to remind you to be sure you picked what you required as you made the purchase.

If the clerk WAS indeed poking fun at your youthfulness and your requiring a large size--(as if doubting you knew what you were doing)....then shame, shame, shame. --How can we encourage young people to be responsible in sex when they are "given the busniess" buying condoms? --It's making me mad! :mad:

BTW. I'm sure you're not. But, I wouldn't be the least bit self-conscious of your selection of the larger size condom, either.

Many would (secretly) envy you!

4. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: "Derogatory manner"? I was not trying to be.

*walking away*

5. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

No, Chubby. Bender only hoped that the clerk didn't question Kwame in a derogatory manner about his willingness to purchase the Magnums. The remark had nothing to do with you.

6. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: OK... thanks... I was actually hurt and packing my bags...

7. Imported

Gold Member

SpeedoGuy: On a number of occasions when I was purchasing   condoms I waited and lurked around the supermarket until I could get to a checkout counter with no line. I just didn't relish letting nosy strangers see into my personal life like that.

I did, however, relish letting a cute cashier see that I was purchasing XL condoms. After several such visits to her counter she was forward enough to crack a joke on my frequent use of condoms. Then she boldly asked me whether the XLs were a real necessity or just a gimmick to attract her attention.

Wow! I guess it did attract her attention. Suffice it to say this was the start of a brief but enjoyable relationship that involved her finding out for herself when I eventually used the XLs on her.

SG

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Once I put regular Magnums on the counter and the clerk also said, "You do realise these are large?" My response was, "Yeah. You're out of the extra-large, so these will have to do." Her eyes shot down to my crotch for a millisecond and she said, "Oh," and rang me up. As I was walking out the door, I saw her talking to one of the other clerks and both of them looked over at me. Good thing I'm not shy ... great fun! :D

9. Imported

Gold Member

ItalianStallion: I've gotten a couple of strange looks, but one time the clerk was about 20 a real cute asian girl, she wrote her phone number on the back of the reciet. If i were single I would have called her, none the less I could imagine the slogan "free phone number with every purchase of XL comdoms."

10. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: I've had a few looks..especially because I live in a small town so the SAME people always seem to be working when I go to the local Wal-Mart or grocery stores...no phone numbers, though. :-/

Quite possibly the one that made me laugh the hardest was the time I had gone out to the bar with a female friend of mine, and after a few drinks, she got frisky and wanted to go home.

I advised that I hadn't brought any condoms (bad planning)...so we'd have to stop and get some. On the way home was a Wal-Mart, and one of the busier ones in the Twin Cities (still packed at 10 pm on a Friday night)...

I was 2 to 2.25 sheets to the wind (she drove) and brought them up to the counter to pay for them...the cashier, in one continuous motion, rang them up, de-magnitized the theft-control device planted inside, and put them in a bag - it was a record...couldn't have been even 2 seconds.

She then looked up at me, one eyebrow cocked a la Billy Idol in disbelief and said nothing. Much like DMW in his post above, I said, "Wellll, you were out of the XLs". (and they were, too, dammit)

Both eyebrows went up :eek: and she said, "er, um.... $5.97"

I laughed all the way to the parking lot....guess you had to be there, though... (or be somewhat drunk - or both :D )

7x6&C

11. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: I get a kick out of buying my Magnum XL's. There's no way to avoid a reaction anyhow, so I tease around a little bit. Kind of act all shy with the sales girl , like: "Shucks , can't help it - I'm huge." But oddly if I'm VERY attracted to a woman at the counter I take the XL's to someone else. I usually tend to head for the male register if there is one. Of course that's another whole thing - I almost feel like a bully in a sense. Still , it's usually easier than dropping the package in front of a woman . Might as well shout :" And these are for my VERY LARGE PENIS!" , lol...

12. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

When I was working my way through college in Williamsburg, Virginia back in the 1960's I was an assistant manager at a new multi-department drug store.

Most of the guys in my dorm seemed always to buy their condoms when I was on duty - they'd ask me to check out their purchases.

One evening the pharmacist mentioned that I seemed to sell more condoms than our other clerks did, but he never saw me purchase any.

I had to tell him that they weren't big enough. Naturally he told all the employees - even the women.

I was embarrassed at first, but I must say I eventually enjoyed the ribbing and big-guy reputation.

13. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Meathose 10 &, to a certain extent Pecker:

Imagine in the "old" days if they had such things as large condoms and you picked up the one without the price tag....

"Pharmacy, can I get a price check on Trojan Magnum XL condoms to register 6 please"

:D :D :D

7x6&C

14. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: :-[ :-[ :-[

I can't even stand in front of condoms or look at them for more than 10 seconds without feeling embarrassed. I have never bought any and don't think I can. Too taboo to me and as self-conscious and shy as I am... more power to you all, I'll just keep glancing.

15. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Hapi -

I was that way too. However, as a friend of mine pointed out (and has been said on this board before): buying condoms means you are 'getting some', hopefully from someone you want to get it from...which, in all reality is nothing to be ashamed of.

PLUS you're being safe about it.

7x6&C

16. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Hapi, you should march right into a store, drop a pack of condoms on the counter and say, "Yes, they're for me. No, I don't need Magnums. By the way, where are your personal lubricants?" You'll feel so much better about yourself. Very cathartic to face your fear of condoms! :D

17. Imported

Gold Member

TheGuy18: What is the minimum size required to wear magnum XL correctly? No, Im not talking a guy with a 5 inch dick buyin magnum XL and rollin it half way down.

18. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

I would think that girth is more of a determining factor than length as I've never noticed a difference in length between the regular Magnum and the Magnum XL, not that I've measured both.
    My guess is that anything over 6" in circumference cut probably wear the XL more comfortably than the regular.

19. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: YES SIR DR. WHOPPER!

*marching*

*marching*

*marching*

Why am I marching when I can just drive? It's too hot to be marching out here anyway... eh I'll try another day when I'm not so sweaty...

Wait... Dr. Whopper... I have no use for condoms...

20. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Hapi-

Truth be told - buy some - they are good for 3 years....never know.

7x6&C

Draft saved Draft deleted