Condoms: A Necessary Evil

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by L_Lynn, Jan 10, 2010.

1. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm bringing it up again.

I don't like condoms. They just always seem to take away from the experience. Sex doesn't feel the same. Blech. HOWEVER, they are a necessary evil. My ya-yas and I were just sitting around a bottle discussing this very dilemma. We all have started the new year with a new lover bang and were all disappointed with our condom experience. :frown1: Before we go out & buy every condom available to test, any recommendations from the peanut gallery here?

I would be most interested in finding a condom that feels so natural you would never know you were using a condom, but I am open to any other tid-bits as well. For example, what works best for girthy dicks or longer dicks or just overall huge dicks? What about flavored condoms? Ribbed? Studded? etc.

Thanks!

2. D_Inglethorp Rumpshow

I've always heard that polyurethane condoms were good, but never checked to find any in my size. They're supposed to be thinner and stronger.

3. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I too hate condoms. I remember being taught in high school that there was no tngibl difference between sex with and without a condom. What a hoax!

I have been wondering if lambskin condoms felt good. I'm married, so not worried about disease prevention, just pregnancy. I'm a cheapskate at heart though, so the price has prevented my experimentation so far. If, however, enough people recommended them to me, I might try them.

4. carolinacock7

carolinacock7 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Ugh, hate condoms. Definitely a necessary evil for randoms but not in a relationship. :icon10:

5. the_reverend

Gold Member

definitely miss my last relationship...year and a half of awesome condomless birth controlled monogamy. sigh. lol

if anyone does know of a more pleasurable condom, i'd love to know as well. the emphasis in necessary evil is definitely on the necessary!

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I've always used a condom so never really had a problem with them. The only advice i can give it to stay away from the ribbed. They are half as much fun as they sound, actually quiet painful.

7. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Where's the Condom Fairy to enlighten us??

8. galaxus

galaxus Member

Trojan magnum ultra thins are very good.

9. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    FC2 Female Condom Homepage

Formerly known as the reality condom. It's a "receptive" condom worn by the woman and should be popular with the men as it doesn't constrict the penis the way regular condoms do. The new nitrile material is softer and more natural feeling than the former version.

10. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

She's taking a break for the forum, maybe for good.

Anyways, CF and I surprisingly enjoyed using the free condoms she got for a friend that does sex ed seminars. They were Proper Attire XL's. They were very thin. Felt like a Magnum Thin, but roomier. They made my old favorites (One Legends) feel like garbage.

11. B_Craiggers

B_Craiggers New Member

Polyurethane condoms suck for the guy. You almost can't feel anything.

BUT, they're great if your partner has a latex allergy.

12. blackthunder79

Albums:
    Of course, Magnum XL. The old standard. I've used them for ~8years without slippage, breakage or tightening. Although now its hard for me to cum with them on. Looking for an alternative as well.

13. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lee- what brand/style do you use?

A.E.- I actually do remember once a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I got lucky with a guy who had brought his own condoms. They felt much better than anything I had used before so I checked afterwards to see what they were - lambskin. Being a vegetarian who would never buy leather or fur, that was both nauseating and ironic for me. But there ya go.... they felt pretty good.

14. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    My former mistress loved my polyurethane condoms, and I thought they were quite good as well. I used Trojan polyurethane, but I think there are other brands of polyurethane that are pretty terrible.

So that's what I recommend. From my side I felt more and I could feel her heat, and I think it was the same for her, she felt the heat of my cock which made it feel better for her.

15. freyasworld

freyasworld New Member

Albums:
    Put up with it... if you don't like them, abstain for a month and both go and get a full STI check, then repeat the test for the next 3 months, failing that use a latex glove and your hand!

Remember..... guys give women STI's....!

16. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Try being allergic to latex and forget and have a lover use a latex condom. It will shut up shop for weeks!

I hate condoms, simply hate them. And not just the latex (shudder). Thank heavens I don't have to worry about that anymore.

17. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That comes across as a tad bitchy, Freyas.

Never said I wasn't putting up with them already but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to find the best I can get without spending a small fortune buying everything available to try. Not to mention finding a partner to try them with me. And for a regular lover, which would be wonderful were it to happen, I would gladly go through STD testing.

So settle your self-righteous ass down and please offer your preferred brand/style of condom. Thanks.

18. AbeFroman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Its interesting to see women complaining about condoms. I've never had a woman express a difference between my wearing/not wearing a condom. I've been using the Magnum Twisters, which were better than most I have used although I recently saw the the Magnum Extacy which seems thinner and provides more sensation all around my penis, but its still not nearly as good as skin on skin. Among the polyurethane condoms, I have only tried the Supra which was awfully snug and as stretchy as latex condoms. It provided a different, but still unnatural feeling sensation which I didn't care for. I'd love to find a larger polyurethane condom, for no other reason than to make oral sex after intercourse, since latex has that smell/taste.

19. Strontium

Strontium New Member

Albums:
    Ansell's Larger Fit at 59mm are perhaps the most comfortable I've tried. But my ex didn't like the feel of those or any condom inside her :(

20. L_Lynn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks to all who have responded with input and, better yet, a brand/style to try. My g/f's and I are willing to pool our resources and buy several varieties to share, try and report back on. So far the shopping list includes:

• Trojan Magnum Ultra Thins
    • Proper Attire XL
    • ONE the Legend
    • Magnum XL (one of the gals has these I think)
    • Magnum Twister
    • Magnum Extacy (Is there a Magnum variety pack??)
    • Trojan Polyurethane Supra

Not sure we can get Ansell's on this side of the world but I will look for them.

Now all we need is a host of male volunteers.... :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted