Condoms & Females

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Annie Mae, May 31, 2005.

1. Annie Mae

Annie Mae New Member

I was wondering if any of the few girls here are allergic to lubricated condoms or have had problems with them.

Also guys do you know any girls that are that way?

2. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

No, but an ex-girlfriend of mine told me that during previous relationship she developed an allergy to her fiance's semen. Kind of put a damper on their sex life.

3. flnkdguy

flnkdguy New Member

I've heard of people having a reaction to the spermicide.

4. Doc

Doc New Member

Albums:
    My ex was always allergic to my semen. Even if a slight bit got in, it would burn. There was a pill though that she could take before sex that helped, and took away the burning sensation, and I would assume it would be the same pill for the allergy to latex. You should check with you Gynecologist, since the allergy to sperm is more common than you would think.

5. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    My high school girlfriend was allergic to latex, although we didn't know it at the time. She always found sex painful -- we were using latex condoms, which must have been a big part of the problem (in addition to my large size, and her small size).

We hooked up again a few times about five years later, by which time she knew about her latex allergy. However, she was so fearful about getting pregnant that she had continued to use latex condoms anyway, despite the irritation from them. (She didn't want to go on the pill because she had had breast cysts due, she said, to a natural excess of estrogen in her system, and the pill pumps in yet more estrogen to regulate the menstrual cycle.) I doubt there was a medication for latex allergies at that time (1997 or so), or else I'm pretty sure she would've used it ... the irritation was often quite intense and burning for her.

Annie Mae, do you know for sure whether the allergy in question is to the latex or the lubricant? If not, you should see an allergist and get tested. A lubricant allergy would be "better," I think, since you could avoid the irritant by using unlubricated condoms. If you are allergic to latex, there are condoms made from other things but my understanding (admittedly out of date, since I haven't used condoms in years) is that these may not offer comparable protection against STDs.

Steve

6. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

My ex was always allergic to my semen. Even if a slight bit got in, it would burn. There was a pill though that she could take before sex that helped, and took away the burning sensation, and I would assume it would be the same pill for the allergy to latex. You should check with you Gynecologist, since the allergy to sperm is more common than you would think.
    [post=316765]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

A gynecologist would probably be very surprised to see me! My ex was treated for it at the time, and had already long broken up with her fiance by the time she met me.

7. Annie Mae

Annie Mae New Member

Thx Steve. I dunno I've never had a problem before but now they are startijng to really irritate me. Which is why i think my skin might be too sensitive to them. And ummm I'm not allergic to semen.....

Polyurethane condoms don't come in bigger sizes or at least not that I know of.

Draft saved Draft deleted