condoms/lube advise??

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by greeneyes0219, Apr 11, 2006.

1. greeneyes0219

greeneyes0219 New Member

Hi,
    I think I found a keeper and we've started having sex (he's my first, I'm his second) and he's larger than average in both directions. I expected the pain to subside after the 1st time, but I feel pain everytime at the beginning (entering) that goes away after a little bit of easing in. I've been to the doctor and everything checks out, they told me it was due to stretching and to try different lubes and even condoms to make it easier. So, I'm happy I found this place and I'm hoping for some suggestions/favorite lubrications and condoms that we can try?
    We've only tried no-name condoms from the health center and Durex, Her Pleasure(which is better), and wet lite lube.
    Thanks for the suggestions :)

2. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi greeneyes,
    I haven't used the 'Wet' brand of lube yet, but I've heard only good things about in here. The lube is probably more important than the condom when it cums to helping you ease your boyfriend inside you. Try different ones until you find the one that works best for you. :smile:

As for condoms, if he is larger in length and girth, then Magnum and Magnum XL are good choices. There are always the 'They Fit' custom fit condoms from http://www.condomania.com/ They are more expensive, but they actually are the best fitting brand out there. Plus, I'm sure your boyfriend will love to have you help him do the measuring with their downloadable measuring kit! :wink:

What about more foreplay? Are you two jumping right into the main event? That' can be fun, but most women can take their man in them easier after being 'warmed up.'

Have fun and keep having safe(r) sex. :biggrin1:

3. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

I just recently started having sex with my well endowed man too,I was a virgin also and I'm still very tight,we use Astroglide lube or Sliquid,it's water based and makes everything more comftorble:smile:

4. lisa_2662

lisa_2662 Member

My man is close to 10 inches and we use the plain Magnum brand condoms and they work great. He can use normal sized condoms, but its not as comfortable for him and the sex is much better when he has a bit more room. For lube, just basic KY jelly should do you just fine. For us, a lot of good oral and foreplay will usually get me wet enough to take him without needing any lube though.

5. peachybum

peachybum New Member

I think using lube would help a great deal, personally speaking it's helped me to handle bigger cocks and take away alot of the pain. You also might be like me, I had to see a doctor regarding a unusually tight vagina. Not sure which brands to recomend due to us being different countries but we prefer the lubes that are fairly runny, rather than the ones that are quite thick, like KY jelly.

6. Matthew

Gold Member

Remember that oil-based lubes can damage latex condoms and make them unsafe. Always use water-based lube with latex condoms.

7. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

Before my boyfriend and I started having sex I went and had a full gynecological exam,I have an average sized vagina but my hymen was unusually thick,as a result my doc told me that sex the first time around might be difficult and painful,as a result my boyfriend gave me oral sex before intercourse to "loosen me up" a bit and get the lubrication started,we also used a water based lube called Astroglide(fine product)as a result I was able to take him in fully the first time(he is 9.25 inches erect)but my hymen didn't break,it only stretched,so I went back to my gyno and had it surgically removed

8. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

I'm sorry, but no.

9. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

When I lost my virginity to my boyfriend we didn't use a condom at all,but the last few times we've had sex both of us decided to use protection,we don't want to get pregnant before we're even engaged,we use the combo of a spermicide jelly and They Fit condoms,foolproof method in my book:biggrin1:

10. lisa_2662

lisa_2662 Member

Seriously look into birth control. I've been on it for years, and once I get to know a guy and we've been tested we can have sex without condoms and not worry about getting pregnant. I usually don't let him cum in me though, because that just raises the chances if the birth control doesn't work for some reason. But if you take it at the same time every day its VERY effective.

11. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

I discussed the topic of me going on prescription birth control just before my boyfriend left for work this morning,the two methods that interest me are either the traditional pill or the shot,the patch sounds too risky,he said that we need a more effective method of birth control to avoid a "surprise" pregnancy

12. campbell

campbell New Member

Well, I have a big cock both ways but more width than length and my wife and I use I.D. Glide, they have a regular, a millenium, and one called ID Pleasure that adds "ZING" to the feeling but my wife says it feels "great" and actually makes her pussy sort of tingle when we have sex but its not a bad tingle.:biggrin1:

13. Honey_Grrrl83

Honey_Grrrl83 New Member

Ooooooh,may have to try that brand:wink:

14. greeneyes0219

greeneyes0219 New Member

Thanks everyone for all the info. We actually bought LifeSyles pleasure pack. And I liked the texture a whole lot better than durex and the no-name brand we were using. And he really, really likes the dual pleasure, probably because they provide more head room. He's hard to get information from because all he's concerned about is me enjoying it and that just having me with him is more than great. To him sex is just a bonus in our relationship. Which is probably why I love him so much. Anyways, all of the varieties of LifeStyles felt so much smoother. We also bought some ID Glide, but haven't tried it yet... maybe this weekend??

By the way, my sister did the shot for 3 years and i remember her almost losing her relationship because she was never interested in being intimate. I guess in teh beginning it was a minor drive decrease, but after 1.5 years she lost all fo the drive and her poor boy was so confused and hurt that she didn't want to be intimate because he didn't understand the words, "It's not you, it's my lack of sex drive." She switched to the pill and they are much happier and engaged. So, just one story about depoprevara that i thought I would share.

Thanks all, keep the info flowing!!

15. Sam Beckett

Sam Beckett New Member

Try some wet lube like KY to start out with, it stays slippery. Other lubes are Durex Play [Heat] which increase sensation and heat up but maybe just to get things started and you stretched you should use KY.

Using a condom or not probably has little or no effect on easy entry. If it does its probably that not using one takes a fraction of a centimetre off the girth and maybe creates more friction because of the latex.

Just take it slow and ask your boyfriend to just hold himself as far as you can take inside you for as long as possible. You should get slowly stretched, which from personal experience (giving, not receiving lol) is great. As long as he doesn't push too far, hard, or fast, and you're wet enough and aroused enough it should be fine. It took me a few months of sex with one girl to be able to push all the way in without hurting her. Recently, I would push all the way in hard (but slowly) and just hold it there and she would move around in like a circular motion.

I spose you have that to look forward to, but in the beginning you have to take it slow and lube helps a lot. Probably being slightly drunk does too, and telling your boyfriend what turns you on eg one girl wanted me to 'talk dirty' which really meant just telling her how tight she was and wet and that it felt so good :p

16. Gisella

Gold Member

:confused:

Which lube does not dry out as fast as KY and Stroglide and etc

:confused:

17. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    I absolutely love, love, love ID Glide. It's the best product that I've found.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

18. Love-it

Gold Member

We found that Sliquid doesn't dry as fast as Astroglide, but it has a nasty taste.

Draft saved Draft deleted