condoms

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Keep the condom on, work it back up to a full erection. Although I've never totally lost it, just sometimes its been almost hard, just not hard enough to push in.

Maybe it would be safer to take it off and get hard, then use another but I dunno.

Str8Man

Just Browsing
Media
The problem is you take to long to get it on. Be organized, have it close at hand, and even have your partner put it on. You can stroke while they get it out of the package and on your member. It has happened to me bacause I have to jump up, go find it, open, lube up, etc. SPONTANEOUS it's not... Practice, and if it happens again, stroke it till it's back up..

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Try this. When you are alone, practice getting, opening and rolling the rubber on. It might help you get used to the time and activity involved. Otherwise, as you get used to the act of rubbering up, the difficulty will diminish. It's not at all uncommon for men to lose their hard on while suiting up. The advice about keeping everything handy is correct. And there's nothing to be ashamed or shy about regarding using a condom. I mean, really, usually you are already naked, hard and ready to stick your cock into someone and pulling on a condom is just part of the act in our world. OR...have your partner put it on your cock and make it part of the act. Often makes it work well for both of you.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
You may also be having difficulty because you are wearing too small a condom. As a teen I didn't realize I was well-endowed, and struggled to stuff myself into regular-size condoms. Take it from me ... hermetically sealing your cock in a too-tight sheath of latex is a surefire way to lose an erection.

Steve :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
1. Keep everything handy.
2. If you start to droop, work it back up once the condom's on.
3. Try it solo. Jerk off until you're sufficiently erect. Put the condom on. Now jerk off into the condom.

Krueger: So how snug is a condom supposed to be anyway?

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I would say: snug enough so it doesn't fall off during sex, but not so snug that when you pull out after sex your tool is so misshapen and compressed it doesn't even look like your own.

Steve :)

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had this problem often, and eventually realized that it was becuase the condoms were two small for my girth. Not only did this make for tight and uncomfortable fit, but I needed a lot of fumbling to get them on, and often "lost the moment" during my frustrating efforts to get the condom on. However, I was already using one of the widest condoms available over the counter (Magnum XL).

Then I found the They Fit Condoms (available from Condomania.com), thanks to LPSG. The They Fit size U22 fits like a glove, yet goes on easily, and I no longer loose erection. Although they cost twice as much as the Trojan Magnum XL I used before, and have to be mail-ordered, the They Fit Condoms are well worth the cost and effort.

So, make sure your condoms fit correctly. A condom should be tight enough not to slip off, but not so tight that it is hard to put on or difficult to remove. With the U22 size, I find it is not too constricting, but is snug enough that there is no way it will ever pull off. In fact, even if I go soft afterwards, the the only way I can get them off is to roll them inside out.

Chicago_Swimmer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had similar experiences as you. I found out later that I needed a larger condom size.

If you are over 7" inches long you should consider a different condom size and stop using the standard.

Robert

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Str8Man@Jun 2 2005, 04:28 PM
The problem is you take to long to get it on. Be organized, have it close at hand, and even have your partner put it on. You can stroke while they get it out of the package and on your member. It has happened to me bacause I have to jump up, go find it, open, lube up, etc. SPONTANEOUS it's not... Practice, and if it happens again, stroke it till it's back up..
[post=317318]Quoted post[/post]​

Speed wrapping?

:evilgrin:

I usuallly have steel erections...well, used to. Anyway, I'd slip that puppy on and almost instantly I'd start losing the erection some. I solved it because the Trojan Magnum XLs are a little less snug on me.

Try what he said and a size up on condoms.