Condoms

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a question for the Straight guys and gals on the board.

Every time I hear guys talk about the "HOT Time they had with this one chick"...they always talk about how they creamed inside, or how they rode her and pulled out before it was "Too late"

Don't straight people use condoms when they have sex???

It seems every guy that I have ever came across, never uses a rubber.
They all tell me "Well she's on the pill"

This totally confuses the heck out of me, that so many people would be that irresponsable.

Is it just my area, or is it true that straight people dont use condoms, and they rely on womens birth control?

C

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I only had sex with one girl so far, I knew she was clean although after all that bullshit she's a slut, says she isn't but she has issues. So I was maybe lucky I didnt catch anything. Next time I will use a condom. I didnt use one with the ex most of the time except once but the condom didnt fit then we had trouble finding more.

AmericanWoman

Just Browsing
Media
In the 14 years I've been having sex, yeah, I've been irresponsible and taken stupid risks on a number of occassions, typically after drinking and losing all sense of judgment. Thankfully in all that time I've never caught anything, not even a relatively minor STD, nor have I ever been exploited or felt taken advantage of sexually, thank God. That I didn't/haven't is just dumb fucking luck for which I thank God each time I hear a horror story, although the fact that for ten years I lived in Charlottesville, Va, a university town in a fairly rural part of the state where the incidence of HIV and hepatitis is relatively low compared to nationwide/urban statistics, may have had something to do with it.

Since moving to the DC area I've been far more careful about using protection with every partner. On the occassions I've been with one for over several months and it looks like we'll be together monogomously well into the near future, I'll take the guy to give blood (and do so myself) and get ahold of his donor card before dispensing with condoms.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a straight man and have used condoms well over 99.9% of the time. I aways do when starting out in a new relationship. My longest term girlfriend was not on birth control, so we used condoms all the time. The few times when I didn't use them was when she brought her diaphram out of retirement for a short while. There were a few very rare occasions where passion overwhelmed us so much we used the withdrawal method since condoms weren't handy.

Sex should be fun! I don't want to be worried about disease or pregnancy when having the most fun two people can have! ;)

LapDog :p

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have almost always used a condom, especially after being growing old enough to understand the risks more fully, but I may not be a typical example. I've been accused of going a bit overboard with precautions.

I've also mostly been sort of uncomfortable expecting my partner to be on the pill, particularly with the health risks involved. (But when she is, I'm usually quite relieved.)

Lovertine: Sounds like bragging or not filling in the details. In this day and age, I wouldn't fuck anyone casually without a condom. Anything else is sheer stupidity. I wouldn't even do it without a legal long-term commitment.

Hell, remember that you can get certain STDs even *with* a condom. A FOAF who is maniacally careful about using condoms contracted herpes.

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always use a condom. It feels good on, and is fun to have my wife roll on. She likes it in that she doesn;t have to clean up aferwards. I enjoy condoms a lot. Using lube both inside and out helps a lot.